Speculation: 2024 Offseason Talk

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I have it on my Samsung TV.
I generally don't use it through there, as configuring proxies on a TV is more time consuming than a fire stick

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I've seen a few of these potential pairings:

Heiskanen - Dumba
Harley - Lybushkin
Lindell - Lundqvist

My question is, why pair a high minute guy like Esa with a low minute guy like Nils? That won't work unless Esa picks up extra shifts to give Dumba and Lybushkin an occasional rest.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Those are the pairing for normal 5on5 play not how this is going to look most of the game. Miro was paired with Colin Miller for most of season 2 years ago on paper . In reality Miro played 25 every game and Miller like 15 . Esa is going to play a whole lot more than Nils.

Reactions: The Tourist and LT

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I hate Google TV, dunno if it's any different than Android. It's laggy, slow, and unintuitive.

Roku is far and away my favorite TV software.

Triple Ex El

Three sausage taquitos with cheese
Apr 29, 2013
DFW, TX
I heard on good authority Apple TV 4k was goated. Scheduled delivery tomorrow

I bought the LG when they were the only ones making OLED panels. The picture is it's only redeeming quality

account deactivated

Finns > Swedes
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
samsung software is just as dogshit. they've added more and more ad bloat, and it runs terribly slowly.

just spend a bit more and go sony

I got a new Samsung Smart TV in 2020 and it still runs smoothly, but I got a smaller one for my bedroom last year (one of the newer models with the gaming hub feature) and it's sluggish as hell, but I always assumed for some reason it was because that one is running on Wi-Fi across my apartment.

I hate having to use peripherals because they don't sell just regular dumb tvs anymore, even the cheap ass brands have Roku or Amazon Fire sticks "built-in" (just basically plugged into a slot that's underneath a panel in the tv) half the time.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I got a new Samsung Smart TV in 2020 and it still runs smoothly, but I got a smaller one for my bedroom last year (one of the newer models with the gaming hub feature) and it's sluggish as hell, but I always assumed for some reason it was because that one is running on Wi-Fi across my apartment.

I hate having to use peripherals because they don't sell just regular dumb tvs anymore, even the cheap ass brands have Roku or Amazon Fire sticks "built-in" (just basically plugged into a slot that's underneath a panel in the tv) half the time.
They most certainly do.
Samsung has a line... I think they call it their Commercial line.
Best buy has a house brand Insignia,
Sceptre has a line
That's just tv brands you could also get a monitor

account deactivated

Finns > Swedes
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
They most certainly do.
Samsung has a line... I think they call it their Commercial line.
Best buy has a house brand Insignia,
Sceptre has a line
That's just tv brands you could also get a monitor

Samsung's commercial line has always required a business account to purchase anywhere I've looked and Insignia is the brand that has the Amazon Fire Sticks "built in", but I've never really seen Sceptre anywhere aside from the random Black Friday deals that retailers would have when they'd pull in those random brands.

A 65 inch monitor is gonna cost me 2x-3x the cost of the smart tvs, so that's not really an option, but I figure I've got years left on this one still *knock on wood* and I don't spend much time watching TV in my bedroom, so I'll deal with the bloatware on that one for now.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Samsung's commercial line has always required a business account to purchase anywhere I've looked and Insignia is the brand that has the Amazon Fire Sticks "built in", but I've never really seen Sceptre anywhere aside from the random Black Friday deals that retailers would have when they'd pull in those random brands.

A 65 inch monitor is gonna cost me 2x-3x the cost of the smart tvs, so that's not really an option, but I figure I've got years left on this one still *knock on wood* and I don't spend much time watching TV in my bedroom, so I'll deal with the bloatware on that one for now.
Sceptre is quite common on Amazon/Walmart

Since when does HF rebrand links to Robot or Human

• Haha
Reactions: account deactivated

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad