Speculation: 2024 Offseason Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BlueGoose27

Sep 6, 2024
Before I go on, I’d just like to apologize if this isn’t the post I should be asking this. I’m new to this site, trying to feel my way around here. I was having a conversation w another hockey fan about this season, talking about every thing. The one thing he said to me was he has the Stars coming out of the West this year. Kinda caught me by surprise but not that much. The west is loaded, but Oilers seem destined to make it back to the cup w their additions this off season and the Leon signing. Anyway, he said the biggest reason is because he thinks the Stars make one huge trade…Brady Tkachuk. I asked if he was messing w me cause he knows my kids are diehard BT fans and I also enjoy watching him play, but he told me he thinks Stars adding Brady gets them into the cup. I asked him about Stars defense, imo that’s where I’d be concerned. I also asked who in the hell are you trading if you’re the Stars???

Stankoven, Hemming, Dumba or Lundkvist, ‘25 1st and ‘26 1st

Thoughts? I said I honestly don’t think that gets Brady Tkachuk. It’s nice, Dumba is nothing to go crazy about, same goes for Lundkvist, but at least he’s young 23-24. Hemming could be a solid middle 6 player, but I don’t see him playing on 1st line. Stankoven I really like, he’s a hard nosed player despite his size. He knows how to play the game and utilize his size in his favor. The kid is a gamer, maybe Marchand type of player? We’ll see. The two 1st will be late round picks…so again I’m not sure if this gets you Brady or if the Stars would even entertain it.

Again if this needs to be posted elsewhere, I apologize. Good luck this season…and thanks for any input.

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Before I go on, I’d just like to apologize if this isn’t the post I should be asking this. I’m new to this site, trying to feel my way around here. I was having a conversation w another hockey fan about this season, talking about every thing. The one thing he said to me was he has the Stars coming out of the West this year. Kinda caught me by surprise but not that much. The west is loaded, but Oilers seem destined to make it back to the cup w their additions this off season and the Leon signing. Anyway, he said the biggest reason is because he thinks the Stars make one huge trade…Brady Tkachuk. I asked if he was messing w me cause he knows my kids are diehard BT fans and I also enjoy watching him play, but he told me he thinks Stars adding Brady gets them into the cup. I asked him about Stars defense, imo that’s where I’d be concerned. I also asked who in the hell are you trading if you’re the Stars???

Stankoven, Hemming, Dumba or Lundkvist, ‘25 1st and ‘26 1st

Thoughts? I said I honestly don’t think that gets Brady Tkachuk. It’s nice, Dumba is nothing to go crazy about, same goes for Lundkvist, but at least he’s young 23-24. Hemming could be a solid middle 6 player, but I don’t see him playing on 1st line. Stankoven I really like, he’s a hard nosed player despite his size. He knows how to play the game and utilize his size in his favor. The kid is a gamer, maybe Marchand type of player? We’ll see. The two 1st will be late round picks…so again I’m not sure if this gets you Brady or if the Stars would even entertain it.

Again if this needs to be posted elsewhere, I apologize. Good luck this season…and thanks for any input.

Does your friend know what the salary cap is? You put a lot of time into this process without really considering how Dallas fits Brady under the cap for the next 7 years.

BlueGoose27

Sep 6, 2024
Does your friend know what the salary cap is? You put a lot of time into this process without really considering how Dallas fits Brady under the cap for the next 7 years.
No, you’re right, I didn’t take the time to look at the cap situation. It was more to see if that proposal was decent enough. If Dallas thought that was a good trade, they’d figure out the cap situation. But thank you for taking the time to reply.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Mav kinda looking solid, maybe he can protect Benn this year

GXuTAQoW8AAV7lL.jpg

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Surprised he's skating at all given it was a foot surgery.

Saw that it was to remove a cyst. He's expected to play opening night.

Reactions: redbeardtx

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Why bring back Lundqvist then? Why didn't someone ask DeBoer about playing 5 D in the playoffs if the system dictates needing to roll 6 guys?

“There’s a responsibility in that you have to be able to play,” DeBoer said. “And we have to be able to trust you to play. Because otherwise, you get exposed really quickly. We don’t play a game where we can hide people, the way we want to play. We want to pressure the puck all over the ice, we want to skate, we want to attack with speed, we want to defend and close quickly on people. So we need four lines and six defensemen, and you can’t hide people in that system.”

Lundqvist's return is a headscratcher from the POV of the coaching staff and the player himself wanting to return. I hope it works out better this season, but it's odd to say the least.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I view Nill bringing Lundkvist back as mainly leverage/protection against a Harley hold out, which thankfully didn't happen. But look at Boston, they got rid of their leverage first and now are struggling to resolve the Swayman situation. I don't know why the player would come back to slam his head against the wall with DeBoer unless he's managed to grow 3 inches.

Again I look at Florida who won with a solid but not certainly not world-beating D corps. They had a #1 in Forsling, a couple of above-average guys in Montour and Ekblad, and then basically average roster filler. But they just played them as they did all year, played their game, and didn't panic. Which meant their best players weren't driven into the ground with workload.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad