Speculation: 2024 Offseason Talk

account deactivated

Finns > Swedes
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Of course they don't have an online streaming option. Why would they? Can't allow those extra twelve cents they might lose on slightly inaccurate location information get away, can they? I've been paying Bally solely so I can watch games on my PC. These assclowns aren't getting a dime from me, one way or the other, unless they change their minds and I don't have to use their shitty data mining apps. "Oh yay! I get to watch hockey on a 6"x3.5" screen!" said absolutely nobody that wasn't in the middle of dropping a deuce.

Gotta agree with Castillo. It's not as if the Stars had a ton of cap room and cash laying around and regardless of the money they were NOT going to offer Tanev six years. It's time to get over it already. So who was the alternative? Umm... nobody. Nobody that would make sense. Better to take a year-long flyer on a couple of warm bodies, shore things up, think really REALLY hard about Jamie Benn's contract and go from there.

24/25 isn't exactly a rebuilding year but it's as close as you can get. If the Stars are in a bad position at the deadline I'd expect them to sell as hard as they can, write off 25/26 as a full rebuild year, and come back in a much better position for 26/27.

I mean, I'd PREFER they just chloroform Auston Matthews, put a fake mustache on him, call him San Antonio Matthews, slap a new number on him and trot him out there but I'm pretty sure those sorts of shenanigans are what the whiny contingent call "illegal" and "kidnapping" and "human trafficking" and "violating the salary cap" or something.

This is one of the most unhinged, coming in hot, swing for the fences first posts I've seen on here.

I hope all your subsequent posts are such bangers. :laugh:

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
This is one of the most unhinged, coming in hot, swing for the fences first posts I've seen on here.

I hope all your subsequent posts are such bangers. :laugh:
IMG_3361.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: LT and Elysian

Sports2

WDI
Jul 1, 2018
Of course they don't have an online streaming option. Why would they? Can't allow those extra twelve cents they might lose on slightly inaccurate location information get away, can they? I've been paying Bally solely so I can watch games on my PC. These assclowns aren't getting a dime from me, one way or the other, unless they change their minds and I don't have to use their shitty data mining apps. "Oh yay! I get to watch hockey on a 6"x3.5" screen!" said absolutely nobody that wasn't in the middle of dropping a deuce.

Gotta agree with Castillo. It's not as if the Stars had a ton of cap room and cash laying around and regardless of the money they were NOT going to offer Tanev six years. It's time to get over it already. So who was the alternative? Umm... nobody. Nobody that would make sense. Better to take a year-long flyer on a couple of warm bodies, shore things up, think really REALLY hard about Jamie Benn's contract and go from there.

24/25 isn't exactly a rebuilding year but it's as close as you can get. If the Stars are in a bad position at the deadline I'd expect them to sell as hard as they can, write off 25/26 as a full rebuild year, and come back in a much better position for 26/27.

I mean, I'd PREFER they just chloroform Auston Matthews, put a fake mustache on him, call him San Antonio Matthews, slap a new number on him and trot him out there but I'm pretty sure those sorts of shenanigans are what the whiny contingent call "illegal" and "kidnapping" and "human trafficking" and "violating the salary cap" or something.
It’s not a year flyer- it’s a 2-3 year flyer. I’m not saying a year contract was possible- but this is the position they got themselves into. Blame the market or whatever all they want- no one made the Stars offer the contracts. Was there a better course of action out there? They have draft capital and a few prospects. Was there a deal to be made? Who knows.

Reactions: CloudYeller

Sports2

WDI
Jul 1, 2018
Also f*** hfboards mobile so much. I was literally typing up a post complaining about having my previous message erased when the page reloaded and it reloaded again and erased that message too.

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
I'm open to the idea of Lyubushkin being bertter than his player card. A lot of that was being stuck in Anaheim right? Leafs fans were saying he played pretty well with Reily.

He probably still will suck, but I'm willing to see for my own eyes how he adjusts.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Also f*** hfboards mobile so much. I was literally typing up a post complaining about having my previous message erased when the page reloaded and it reloaded again and erased that message too.

Can't believe that still happens. I only use mobile but I switched to the Brave browser someone on here recommended and it automatically blocks all ads and I never have any issues with the page refreshing anymore. HF boards mobile is amazing for me now

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

It's been doing this a lot lately, no one is really sure why. It's being investigated but I can't guarantee a fix. Sorry. /:

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
It's been doing this a lot lately, no one is really sure why. It's being investigated but I can't guarantee a fix. Sorry. /:
Assuming it's the same issue it was years ago, It's because the site tries and get around adblock, when the process gets blocked it triggers a refresh.
Had this with the Samsung Browser, had to write an extension to stop the site script execution.

Reactions: Ratbath

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Assuming it's the same issue it was years ago, It's because the site tries and get around adblock, when the process gets blocked it triggers a refresh.
Had this with the Samsung Browser, had to write an extension to stop the site script execution.
Firefox mobile app+uBlock extension, no issues here.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I'm open to the idea of Lyubushkin being bertter than his player card. A lot of that was being stuck in Anaheim right? Leafs fans were saying he played pretty well with Reily.

He probably still will suck, but I'm willing to see for my own eyes how he adjusts.

He's overpaid, but he'll be fine in his role. He's basically Hakanpaa, but he's alittle better imo.

Edmonton beat us and made the finals with Nurse, Ceci and some other plug on D. Also seems like GMs are going for size and strength again, and Nill loves to copy teams that won the cup, or were in the finals.

Our D isn't any worse than the beginning of last season, but it's not s good as when we had Tanev. We still have the deadline, so 🤷

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
He's overpaid, but he'll be fine in his role. He's basically Hakanpaa, but he's alittle better imo.

Edmonton beat us and made the finals with Nurse, Ceci and some other plug on D. Also seems like GMs are going for size and strength again, and Nill loves to copy teams that won the cup, or were in the finals.

Our D isn't any worse than the beginning of last season, but it's not s good as when we had Tanev. We still have the deadline, so 🤷
It's easy to say Edmonton beat us with a d-core of plugs, which they did, but they also have two of the 3 or 4 best players in the league (Depending on where you put Dria) in their forward core, and we do not.

They could outscore their problems (Nurse), we couldn't outscore 1 Suter, now we have two of him.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Just realized there's a vacant alternate captain slot. Who gets it? Roope?

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
If they want to data mine my poop, who am I to judge.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
for those that can't write a script, just become a sponsor. it's like $10 or 12 for a year. worth it to get rid of all that crap.

CloudYeller

Jul 8, 2024
It’s not a year flyer- it’s a 2-3 year flyer. I’m not saying a year contract was possible- but this is the position they got themselves into. Blame the market or whatever all they want- no one made the Stars offer the contracts. Was there a better course of action out there? They have draft capital and a few prospects. Was there a deal to be made? Who knows.
With Dumba it's two years and no NTC in sight. Worst case scenario you huck him out of the airlock for star player Future Considerations.

Best case he comes in and keeps some pucks out of nets.

That draft capital and prospects is likely why they've been so chill on the free agent market. There's a lot of solid talent coming up in the next two to three years, so no need to panic buy. Shore up now, see how it goes, then panic at the trade deadline if you're in a position to do so. :laugh:

Reactions: Sports2

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
With Dumba it's two years and no NTC in sight. Worst case scenario you huck him out of the airlock for star player Future Considerations.

Best case he comes in and keeps some pucks out of nets.

That draft capital and prospects is likely why they've been so chill on the free agent market. There's a lot of solid talent coming up in the next two to three years, so no need to panic buy. Shore up now, see how it goes, then panic at the trade deadline if you're in a position to do so. :laugh:
We just need him to do shit like this and we’re good.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
It's easy to say Edmonton beat us with a d-core of plugs, which they did, but they also have two of the 3 or 4 best players in the league (Depending on where you put Dria) in their forward core, and we do not.

They could outscore their problems (Nurse), we couldn't outscore 1 Suter, now we have two of him.

For sure, I'm just saying Nill seems to copy teams that win. Also a lot of the teams at the draft were emphasizing size again.

Edm and Spot also beat us on the PK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad