Speculation: 2024 Offseason Talk

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
I’m just saying- if you’re not wanting to sign anyone right now or trade for someone, that’s what the lineup would look like.

I hear ya. Who do you suggest then? I still think Roy would be worth it.

I mean if we're bargain bin shopping I guess it doesn't really matter. I don't think there's much of a difference between guys like Dillon/Edmundson/Dumba/Scandella/Lyubushkin/etc. I think all can do what Suter did and be better than Hakanpaa.

I like Roy/Tanev/Pesce, I just think we'll be outbid pretty easily.

Selfishly Tyler Myers was one of my favorite junior players of all time and seeing his 6'8" frame in Victory Green would amuse me. Not sure what a contract for him even looks like though.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I mean if we're bargain bin shopping I guess it doesn't really matter. I don't think there's much of a difference between guys like Dillon/Edmundson/Dumba/Scandella/Lyubushkin/etc. I think all can do what Suter did and be better than Hakanpaa.

Selfishly Tyler Myers was one of my favorite junior players of all time and seeing his 6'8" frame in Victory Green would amuse me. Not sure what a contract for him even looks like though.
Suck at everything? We should aim higher

• Haha
Reactions: Henderson33

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006

I’d rather have Suter than all of the guys you just listed lol.

Tyler Myers would be interesting. Played juniors with Benn

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Joshua hits 30 points for the first time in his career at 28 years old and suddenly he's the most overrated player out there just cause he can also throw his body around.

His contract isn't bad, but idk why people are acting like he's a significantly better player than Marchment. Joshua had a decent run in the playoffs so I guess that's what did it. Seems unlikely he hits that playoff production again
He is not better than marchment. There are just some people who don’t like how marchment plays the game. I have no issue with how he plays. If you can draw a call by selling the penalty go for it. draisaitl does it all the time.

joshik

GEt FaK'sEd
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic
Joshua hits 30 points for the first time in his career at 28 years old and suddenly he's the most overrated player out there just cause he can also throw his body around.

His contract isn't bad, but idk why people are acting like he's a significantly better player than Marchment. Joshua had a decent run in the playoffs so I guess that's what did it. Seems unlikely he hits that playoff production again
throw his body around - thats what marchment cant do. Or maybe all the players that go to us suddently become soft idk.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
throw his body around - thats what marchment cant do. Or maybe all the players that go to us suddently become soft idk.

Marchment is one of the only guys we have who actually is a pretty physical player. Or maybe it just feels like that cause his hits are memorable, idk

Main argument against him is he can't skate and has a bad reputation with refs. That's why I wouldn't mind moving him but his contract is not bad.

Reactions: redbeardtx

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
We would still have to retain and/or add picks even if its for rights.
If you think he has negative value then sure. I disagree though. Not saying I am confident that Carolina would still be interested in him, as others reminded me that they have a new GM now.

I'm no Marchment fan, I can't stand his diving, but I am not buying that he has negative value. What would GMs be offering him after a 53 point season if he were UFA this year? Probably more than we are paying him.

Marchment throws his body around like no one else in the league ;)

joshik

GEt FaK'sEd
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic
If you think he has negative value then sure. I disagree though. Not saying I am confident that Carolina would still be interested in him, as others reminded me that they have a new GM now.

I'm no Marchment fan, I can't stand his diving, but I am not buying that he has negative value. What would GMs be offering him after a 53 point season if he were UFA this year? Probably more than we are paying him.

Marchment throws his body around like no one else in the league ;)
Not negative but its money talk. Look at Mikheyev. He just had a one bad season. He could be 50+ point guy for chicago.

Guentzel would be amazing we would have finally a sniper we havent had since Seguin lost his touch.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Not negative but its money talk. Look at Mikheyev. He just had a one bad season. He could be 50+ point guy for chicago.

Guentzel would be amazing we would have finnaly a sniper we havent had since Seguin lost his touch.
Ya, I really don't know Carolina's cap situation but I thought I saw a graphic showing that they had a ton of UFAs this offseason. Again, I don't know shit about them, their needs or their situation. I just want to talk about the Guentzel idea because it is exciting.

Reactions: redbeardtx

joshik

GEt FaK'sEd
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic
Ya, I really don't know Carolina's cap situation but I thought I saw a graphic showing that they had a ton of UFAs this offseason. Again, I don't know shit about them, their needs or their situation. I just want to talk about the Guentzel idea because it is exciting.
They have Teravainen-Guentzel and Pesce-Skjei and these 4 are 20+mil for sure without talking about Necas (please give him to us we need a czech if we getting rid of faksa) and Jarvis.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
They have Teravainen-Guentzel and Pesce-Skjei and these 4 are 20+mil for sure without talking about Necas (please give him to us we need a czech if we getting rid of faksa) and Jarvis.
We're not getting rid Faksa, so it doesn't matter.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Let's wait and see.
What scares me about this is I really think it’s a contingency plan for Robertson’s next deal, and they’ll be pushing to move him for D if they get Guentzel. Obviously all hypothetical but we can’t keep everyone/add the highest dollar value on the market this summer.

Reactions: roryjones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad