Speculation: 2024 Offseason Talk

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Id rank the prospective available high end, 2023 Duchene like “prove its” so far as 1. Skinner, 2. Arvidsson, 3. Mantha. Surely there’ll be more available soon, and I’d prefer Duchene back, if possible, over any of them.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Really shouldn't be wasting any cap space on forwards until they fix the busted ass dcore.
3 NHL quality dmen( counting Harley) is a bigger problem than the forward situation.

Reactions: Zrhutch

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Id rank the prospective available high end, 2023 Duchene like “prove its” so far as 1. Skinner, 2. Arvidsson, 3. Mantha. Surely there’ll be more available soon, and I’d prefer Duchene back, if possible, over any of them.
I’m sure his defending could be better but Skinner can stick the puck in the net. He is worth it on a prove it “duchene” type deal. Sounds like he will be bought out

Any chance Nill wants to trade for Roy’s rights and sign him early?

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Suter was supposed to fill in while Liam, Grush, and the other 5 guys they drafted were ready. Grush is gone, and Bishel should be here no later than mid season (although I think they need to just live with his learning curve for cap reasons). I don't see the others, like Kyrou or Tristan B, ready for a few years, and they may all be busts for all we know.

We also know Nill has a tendency to bargains in UFA, so signing an older guy will probably happen again this year, since we are still in our "Cup window." I think we take a step back, either missing the PO or being an no. 8 seed.

• Wow
Reactions: Dallasman

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
For dman I'd go after Desharnais from the Oilers. He'd be a good addition for that 5/6 role.

I've actually been thinking about bringing him up recently. With the emergence of Broberg, who likely won't be back in Edmonton. He should be cheap as well. I think his projected contract was $1.5 million.

If you do buyout Suter, Bichsel and Desharnais would be a good 3rd pair.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
You never know...
I've actually been thinking about bringing him up recently. With the emergence of Broberg, who likely won't be back in Edmonton. He should be cheap as well. I think his projected contract was $1.5 million.

If you do buyout Suter, Bichsel and Desharnais would be a good 3rd pair.
My thoughts too. Young, decent and will get an ok contract.

too374

Jun 5, 2024
They kinda need Lundkvist to work, he will be cheap and we have no rhd. The idea that we can just get players for 750k in fa is a bit insane. Look at the likes of pouliot, that's what you get at league minimum. Lundkvist was actually a good play driver over the course of last season more than you can say watching the limited time pouliot filled in.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
I don't think anyone is penciling in a league minimum player for Top 6 minutes. This coaching staff wants Lundkvist out of the lineup and THAT is a role for a league minimum, 7th defender ... a Hanley replacement.

There's no reason to pay Lundqvist a million or more dollars to sit on the bench if they made the same decision about Dellandrea.

Also ... to suggest that it's crazy to replace Lundkvist with a league minimum player is a little strange considering it already happened. The coaching staff trusted Petrovic over him.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad