• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Vote for the best prospect in your opinion.

1. Yaroslav Askarov (80.0% of the votes)
2. Tanner Molendyk (35.5%)
3. Zachary L'Heureux (53.5%)

To be added: Hiroki Gojsic

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
At this point it is between Surin and Kemell for me. Obviously Kemell is a lot closer right now. On a different day I might go Kemell. But I will stick for now with my Surin choice, with the draft fresh in my head, and the idea that maybe as a bigger and more abrasive style of player he could be an easier fit who brings more dimensions to an NHL lineup?

Kemell seems to play with some moxie also, which is good, because he's 5.9.5" and has generally been regarded as a bit of a one-trick pony with his release/shooting ability. I'm sure he's working hard to round out his game, just like Tolvanen did, but once a player gets that label (earns that label really), then it can be hard to shake, so he'll probably have more of an uphill battle to win over his NHL coaches.
:dunno:

Add Felix Nilsson

Reactions: triggrman

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Im going with who I think will have the best impact in a preds uniform. I think it will be Gibson. I could see him and molendyk being our top pair in the future

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
am i missing something?? Nothing about Gibson screams top pairing or even top 4 d man
He projects as a guy you want to pair with a top offensive defenseman. Strong defensively, can make simple puck plays, but not going to drive much offense on his own. So he could potentially play 1st pairing minutes, but definitely top 4 if he hits and I suspect he will.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
am i missing something?? Nothing about Gibson screams top pairing or even top 4 d man
Big strong defensive dman. I thought i saw he projected as 2nd pairing capable. With the right defensive partner, his skill set could really shine. I think top pair is a stretch though but maybe he will shock us all.

I dont think anyone saw ekholm as a top pairing dman shortly after being drafted. Now he is in his mid 30s and gets as much or more toi than nurse playing with a good complimentary dman in bouchard.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I'm not saying Detroit scouts are great or ours aren't. Who knows. But I would tend to think the trade says SOMETHING at least about Gibson's perceived upside. He's not considered to be a prospect at the level of this range in the rankings, no. Not by us - we didn't give up much for him - definitely not be Detroit who got relatively little for him - or by extension by the rest of the league since nobody else stepped in and offered more for him.

There was a pretty wide range of defensemen invited to the Team Canada summer camp. Out of the 13 D, we had 3! But there's a pretty big gap between Molendyk and MacKinnon... I imagine Gibson fits somewhere in the gap between those two extremes. So that's still good. But more like challenging for #8-10 on our list than challenging for #4-6. He'll have a big junior season probably, and we'll graduate even more prospects, so he may rise up to that range for next summer's list.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I liked what I saw from Gibson at Dev Camp. Already a + in the physicality category which can sometimes take some convincing to coax out from some guys. Shot wasn't a laser but had a tricky way of getting through and bouncing around. Reminded me of Cody Ceci when he was here for a short time.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
That’s just my evaluation. I wanted Gibson since last year when the wings drafted him. He reminds me a lot of ekholm and will grow more into his frame and with the right offensive defenseman which would be molendyk who most think has top pairing potential.
He projects as a guy you want to pair with a top offensive defenseman. Strong defensively, can make simple puck plays, but not going to drive much offense on his own. So he could potentially play 1st pairing minutes, but definitely top 4 if he hits and I suspect he will.
This is my thinking as well

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Albania vs Georgia
    Albania vs Georgia
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $472.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: