2024 Offseason Goalie Rankings #17

Who is the 17th best goalie in the league

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boreal01

Nov 3, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Vote for the best goalie from this list using whichever criteria you'd like to employ

1) Igor Shesterkin (42.6%)
2) Connor Hellebuyck (72.2%)
3) Juuse Saros (36.0%)
4) Thatcher Demko (27.6%)
5) Jeremy Swayman (Tiebreaker: 56.7%)
6) Andrei Vasilevskiy (41.4%)
7) Ilya Sorokin (44.0%)
8) Sergei Bobrovsky (46.4%)
9) Jake Oettinger (50.0%)
10) Linus Ullmark (76.2%)
11) Jacob Markstrom (40.9%)
12) Stuart Skinner (31.3%)
13) Jordan Binnington (30.8%)
14) Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen (23.8%)
15) Adin Hill (30.4%)
16) Joey Daccord (25.8%)

To be added:

Lukas Dostal
Alex Lyon
Semyon Varlamov
Marc-Andre Fleury
Alex Nedeljkovic

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
The only one of those Who could be argued at Montembeault's level would be Andersen

Monty should have got out before D'accord, and Mayne Skinner and Luukkonen too

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Tough. I think it's pretty handily Woll if he's healthy...but part of being a top NHL goaltender is about dependability. He has thus far, kinda sucked at that. Makes him hard to rank here. But i'll vote him anyway i guess. Nothing else is super compelling to me. We're well into the assorted, "you really want to do better" range of not great options that all are either not very good, or have real caveats like health, or wild inconsistency year to year, or age, or are just totally unproven in a full-time starters role like Kotchetkov and Hofer.

Montembeault is also interesting, but his big caveat to me is..."how much is he just a good goalie behind a bad team"? There's a lot of excuse-making for him, being on a bad team. At the same time though, i've watched plenty of him to understand why those excuses are being made. It's a difficult thing to disentangle though.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
.903 while being on the 5th worse team and being protected by what can only be described as a f***ing tire fire defense should get you out in this part of the polling
But wait, I was told Matheson, Guhle, Savard, Barron, Xhekaj, Struble, Harris, were all highly capable dmen?

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
.903 while being on the 5th worse team and being protected by what can only be described as a f***ing tire fire defense should get you out in this part of the polling
UPL well ahead in Goals Saved Above Expected AND SV% also on crappy team and D

Daccord slightly ahead in GSAE but had a 916 SV%, also on a crappy team

theres a slew of others from the choices ahead of Monty too, you can spin in any which way you want.

Hell, if Mrazek or BLackwood were Habs youd vote for them too, for the same reasons you just said. They had similar stats on even WORSE teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad