Speculation: 2024 Off-season Team Discussion

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
We've got soooo much depth on the way at LD. I think Kolyachonok, Duda, Kipkie, Szuber and Skahan are all on an NHL trajectory. There's only going to be one spot available amongst that group - stuck behind Sergachev and Simashev.

I guess we'll have to be ok losing some for nothing but hopefully Bill finds a way to harvest value out of a number of them.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
We've got soooo much depth on the way at LD. I think Kolyachonok, Duda, Kipkie, Szuber and Skahan are all on an NHL trajectory. There's only going to be one spot available amongst that group - stuck behind Sergachev and Simashev.

I guess we'll have to be ok losing some for nothing but hopefully Bill finds a way to harvest value out of a number of them.
we have become St. Louis. we will be competitive but not elite and need everything to line up for us to take a run at a Cup. This isn't as easy as having several top #1 overall picks but this is the hand the draft lottery dealt us.

Reactions: Bonsai Tree

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
we have become St. Louis. we will be competitive but not elite and need everything to line up for us to take a run at a Cup. This isn't as easy as having several top #1 overall picks but this is the hand the draft lottery dealt us.
I'd need to look back but how many 1st round selections did STL have when they were building? I feel like since 2021 we probably have had more than they would have in those build up seasons + the left overs of Keller, Crouse, Schmaltz from the last build.

Reactions: Jakey53

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland

Harvest their souls then put back into Sergachev lol

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I am generally a lurker on these threads. But if you think marner is that much better then keller you do not watch hockey. Keller has played with travis Boyd, barrett hayton and nick bugjstad of late. What do you expect of any winger in these situations?
Today, Marner is the better player, but I don't think the difference is a large as Jamieh states.

Reactions: Utahlkintome

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Today, Marner is the better player, but I don't think the difference is a large as Jamieh states.
Most would think Marner is roughly a top 5 winger in NHL, most would think Keller is roughly a top 20 winger in NHL. If you don't think that's a big difference we can agree to disagree.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
Most would think Marner is roughly a top 5 winger in NHL, most would think Keller is roughly a top 20 winger in NHL. If you don't think that's a big difference we can agree to disagree.
Put Marner on the Coyotes roster for the past 3 years, I'd doubt people would still think he's a top 5 winger in the NHL.

I honestly don't even believe he is even with him being on the Leafs.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I'm in Toronto. I'm inundated with Leafs talk daily.

I think Treliving is making the same mess in Toronto as he did Calgary. Toronto did themselves a disservice by only talking to one candidate when their GM spot was open.

But getting this back to Utah, I think it's moot. Marner is too expensive cap wise and he's not a fit with what GMBA envisions.
I am glad w3 are sticking it out,… trading for Marner pretty much abandons the rebuild

I wanted Marner desperately over Strome when he was drafted, but the bed is made , the rebuild going as planned, I am so glad BA is sticking to his guns..

( wish we could kept Geekie though)

Reactions: Stanley Thermos

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America

There has been rumours about unhappy Keller with this situation, but Sergachev specifically mentions that Keller has said great things about Utah.

Keller is very competitive player and I think that he is more excited than he's been in years

Good we can put those to bed now .. you can actually tell in Kellers interviews how happy he is to be here( well in Utah)

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I'd probably prefer all of the following for their overall play

Kucherov
Pastranak
Panarin
Matthew Tkachuk
Nylander
Connor
Rantanen
JRobo
Kaprizov

Brady and Svech are right there too.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I'd probably prefer all of the following for their overall play

Kucherov
Pastranak
Panarin
Matthew Tkachuk
Nylander
Connor
Rantanen
JRobo
Kaprizov

Brady and Svech are right there too.
Marner wasn't great this past season but his overall play is what separates him from most of them. He kills penalties, plays the power play, and outscored his teammates 5v5 most years.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Morgan’s wording was confusing. He didn’t mean trade when he said “deal”. He meant that re-signing the player should be easier now.
Should be? The Coyotes qualified Hayton, and Hayton did not file for arbitration. Are you saying BA will give or should give Hayton more than his QO?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad