Speculation: 2024 Off-season Team Discussion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
No. Cooley is way too good of a playmaker to play wing. As long as he remains defensively sound he should play C.
Cooley is terrible at FO's. Once the puck is in play he can take the C position. McBain I think could be shifted to wing.

The Stenlund and Cole signings are not impressive.

It's the restraint from going bigger than is impressive.
Stenlund is great on the PK and at FO's.

Reactions: DustyDangler

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
The 1st one that gets injured, otherwise just rotate and then it depends on matchups.

This. Can't have enough centers. Kerfoot wasn't ba as a fill in when injuries hit but we were still short centers down the line up. Essentially our entire 4th line can play C and each one brings a different element than us suited for different lines.

Cooley is terrible at FO's. Once the puck is in play he can take the C position. McBain I think could be shifted to wing.

Stenlund is great on the PK and at FO's.

Who would you want as that winger/C pivot with Cooley though? Putting McBain or Kerfoot up there to take faceoffs feels like a waste of Cooley's talent. Bjudstadt may be a fit though.

Keller-Hayton-Schmaltz
Bjugstad-Cooley-Guenther
Crouse-McBain-Maccelli
Kerfoot-Stenberg-Carcone
(I feel like I'm missing someone)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This. Can't have enough centers. Kerfoot wasn't ba as a fill in when injuries hit but we were still short centers down the line up. Essentially our entire 4th line can play C and each one brings a different element than us suited for different lines.

Who would you want as that winger/C pivot with Cooley though? Putting McBain or Kerfoot up there to take faceoffs feels like a waste of Cooley's talent. Bjudstadt may be a fit though.

Keller-Hayton-Schmaltz
Bjugstad-Cooley-Guenther
Crouse-McBain-Maccelli
Kerfoot-Stenberg-Carcone
(I feel like I'm missing someone)
That's for Bear to figure out.

The Stenlund and Cole signings are not impressive.

It's the restraint from going bigger than is impressive.
They are both cheap, short term contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad