Speculation: 2024 Off-season Team Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
NY fans want to dump Trouba. His 8M cap 6M cash for the next 2 years is to much for them and I think a trade to Utah beats a buy out option. I would imagine GMBA would want them to retain a little of that contract or offer a pick (we already have most of their picks:thumbu:) to take him.
I think UT could use his physical play and leadership for the young guys coming up. Not sure about the M-NTC. I imagine the foot injury had some cause in him being a bit slower this season and I think the pressure of being in that market is a bit exhausting.
I would love Trouba in the top 4 for the next 2 years. Since UTAH does not need retention, NYR might need to pay to get out of that contract.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I would love Trouba in the top 4 for the next 2 years. Since UTAH does not need retention, NYR might need to pay to get out of that contract.
Trouba has 2 years at $8 million Cap hit. If he's on the market not only will there be no retention the Rangers will be getting assets back in a trade. He's a legit number 1 D on a reasonable contract. You fellas are delusional

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
Trouba has 2 years at $8 million Cap hit. If he's on the market not only will there be no retention the Rangers will be getting assets back in a trade. He's a legit number 1 D on a reasonable contract. You fellas are delusional
Visit the Rangers forum, they all want him gone either a trade with some retention or a buy out.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
I would pass on him and go after Skjei or Pesce. Although, if their was some retention and was not big cost of picks then sure why not. Just think going to be more options out their.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
I like those guys but they arent signing short contracts and GMBA doesnt want to sign 30 yr old players to long contracts.
Pesce is 29 and Skjei is 30 so yeah probably going be after at least 4+year deals probably closer to 6. Trouba has 2 years left at 8 million. I think little bit of retention like 1.5-2 million NYR would get better trade value.

Reactions: DustyDangler

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
We don't really need retention on Trouba. We have excess cap space and budget too.

As much as I'd love to add Pesce, I'd rather add Trouba because of the contract length.

I also like Grimes' idea of adding Hague. He'd be an excellent fit.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
He is a 1RHD on the Mammoth. On a team with a better D core he is better suited as a 3/4 guy that can play PK and PP.

If GM Bill can add a top 4 LHD as well then things are not too shabby:

Moser - Trouba
Hague(?) - Durzi
Valimaki - Kesselring

Maybe Szuber pushes Valimaki?

Maybe Soderstrom finally gets time on the big club?

Reactions: Puckrobber

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
We don't really need retention on Trouba. We have excess cap space and budget too.

As much as I'd love to add Pesce, I'd rather add Trouba because of the contract length.

I also like Grimes' idea of adding Hague. He'd be an excellent fit.
Hague maybe but wonder what Vegas would want? It would make sense if they could sign him to a deal afterwards.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
He is a 1RHD on the Mammoth. On a team with a better D core he is better suited as a 3/4 guy that can play PK and PP.

If GM Bill can add a top 4 LHD as well then things are not too shabby:

Moser - Trouba
Hague(?) - Durzi
Valimaki - Kesselring

Maybe Szuber pushes Valimaki?

Maybe Soderstrom finally gets time on the big club?
I think Soderstrom plays in AHL or they end up trading him. Maybe in package deal for Trouba? If not maybe he will get ice time if their is injuries?

Last edited:

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
He would have to be the #7 D because he is not waiver exempt. I‘d like to move on from that failed experiment.
If he's not waiver except then probably best to trade him then. Won't get much but if it's a package deal maybe could upgrade defense.

Last edited:

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
She's a doctor. She can work anywhere she wants.

According to an article I read from about 6 months ago she's graduated but was still pursuing her residency at a hospital in NYC, so there's a chance that she's not a licensed doctor yet. Couldn't say how difficult it is to relocate in the middle of a residency, if she actually still is.

Last edited:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Someone is about to give Zadorov around $6 million on a 5 or 6 year deal and people think Trouba needs retention or an asset to get a team to take him??

Reactions: Jakey53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad