Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season: Free Agency, Draft Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
If they trade a first round pick for any player not named Mahomes, Burrow, or Allen it's a huge mistake because they ain't going anywhere this season and Maye ain't ready anyway.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I want to believe the Pats are still in on Aiyuk.
I can see both sides for/against the Patriots being after Aiyuk. The prohibitive thing would of course be the cost to acquire (which is why I don’t think he’s going to be dealt). But to give Maye a weapon like him when he’s still so young and they can develop together? It would be exciting to watch.

Reactions: rfournier103

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

Can’t imagine the Browns being in on Aiyuk. If this report is true and he’s getting dealt, then I guess he’s a Patriot.

Actual guess? He’s not getting traded.
A top flight #1 WR would boost the Patriots a lot and go a long way towards rebuilding the offense. Maye's development will hinge on whether he has someone competent to throw to. We were spoiled here for a very long time with a quarterback that could make all but the worst receivers look good. I'm sure we all know that is not the norm, but there are a lot of fans and media out there that seem to have forgotten that. I'd make this trade in a heartbeat if I'm the Patriots unless the 49ers want something stupid in return.

But as you said, I don't see the 49ers moving him. That would probably torpedo their season.
I want to believe the Pats are still in on Aiyuk.
You and I both.

Reactions: Mione134

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I can see both sides for/against the Patriots being after Aiyuk. The prohibitive thing would of course be the cost to acquire (which is why I don’t think he’s going to be dealt). But to give Maye a weapon like him when he’s still so young and they can develop together? It would be exciting to watch.
Given this franchise's (the Patriots) inability to find and develop any kind of top WR, I'd give up quite a bit to get Aiyuk. Whatever they send to SF can be replaced. The only thing they can't seem to replace are wide receivers. I don't think I'd give up a first for him, but I'd listen to other offers.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Get Aiyuk after the season. One more year of tanking and let the rest of the AFC east implode.

What happens when Milton plays ok in relief of Brisset? Hopefully it means we can trade him.

Reactions: bbfan419

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Aiyuk doesnt bring back a top 5 pick. unless Im misunderstanding what 5b means.

They'll almost certainly have to give up a first (at least) to trade for him right now.

They might be a bottom 5 team again this year.

You okay if that pick ends up being top 5? Top 10?

(The "b" was a typo. My b.

That b was not a typo.)

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Out of all this watch Joe Milton III come outta nowhere and end up being the real deal lol.

meanwhile Bailey Zappe... lol

Screenshot_20240802_160528_Twitter.jpg

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
They'll almost certainly have to give up a first (at least) to trade for him right now.

They might be a bottom 5 team again this year.

You okay if that pick ends up being top 5? Top 10?

(The "b" was a typo. My b.

That b was not a typo.)
No chance. You are looking at paying him $30 million on his next contract. Good luck to the 49ers dealing with that holdout after all the money they already committed on offense with Purdy on deck.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
No chance. You are looking at paying him $30 million on his next contract. Good luck to the 49ers dealing with that holdout after all the money they already committed on offense with Purdy on deck.
49ers are best just accepting the staring match and getting him back mid season.

I think next off-season might see a few good WRs pop free.

I’d offer a third max bc a third from us is like a second from a good team. Even that is probably too high given his demands.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Would you give up a top 5b overall pick for Aiyuk in this year's draft?

Cause that (likely +) is what it might ultimately end up costing.

Not with his current contract situation, but I'd do it in a sign and trade.

Odds are the player the Patriots would picked with that 1st rounder won't be as good as Aiyuk is now.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Not with his current contract situation, but I'd do it in a sign and trade.

Odds are the player the Patriots would picked with that 1st rounder won't be as good as Aiyuk is now.

I don't agree with this considering how good top of the draft players tend to be, but that player doesn't even have to be as good as Aiyuk to be vastly more valuable. He will be on a rookie deal for years. Aiyu will be near/at the top of positions salary number with the end of his prime on the other side of that contract.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Supposedly, they discussed NE's #2 pick at 34 which is probably fair at the time. SF knew this would going to come to a head with Aiyuk and now with more WR signing, it's only going to get worse. They also gave new money to CMC and now Trent Williams wants new money. SF needs players for this season, not future draft picks.

Not sure where this goes for them. Not seeing a deal to NE this season.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Nobody is trading a first for Aiyuk. He isn’t worth that anyway especially not with him being in a contract stare off and the 49ers having no leverage. Even during the draft run up I saw rumored that he would probably go for a 2nd.

Reactions: bbfan419 and CDJ

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Nobody is trading a first for Aiyuk. He isn’t worth that anyway especially not with him being in a contract stare off and the 49ers having no leverage. Even during the draft run up I saw rumored that he would probably go for a 2nd.
I don’t even know if I was the Pats I’d trade their 2025 2nd for him. Good chance that pick is going to be 33 or 34.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $871.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium