Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Mets in 5

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Story of their lives. They're feast or famine. Nobody who is going to work counts and get a 9-pitch at bat other than Schwarber.
Sounds like my team . It ended up screwing us as well. No one wanted to work the count and it resulted in far too many quick ,lifeless innings this year. Ended up with a early ride home .

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sounds like my team . It ended up screwing us as well. No one wanted to work the count and it resulted in far too many quick ,lifeless innings this year. Ended up with a early ride home .
Well, that can be forgiven if you win 2 World Series, 2 other pennants, and go to the LCS 7 years in a row.

Braves got everyone coming back next year, and an immense amount of pressure will be on the Phillies. The Vibes will not be good down there next year, and they shouldn't. It was already a year-long argument among the fan base as to whether or not it was ok to enjoy the great start they had given how it began the previous two years and how they ended last year.

The Sixers have dealt with it, time for the Phillies to feel it, too.

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
If I’m the Phillies I probably go to Wheeler in game 4. That said it’s a risk as Sanchez then has to be your game 5 guy and the Mets have Senga and Peterson available

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Great dominant win in our first game back home in 2 weeks. Hoping the momentum carries over tomorrow, and I hope the Mets feel some urgency to win tomorrow. Self explanatory for how much easier facing Suarez at home as oppose to Wheeler on the road is, so I hope they treat this as an elimination game. And if they lose game 4 but win game 5 (which I think is least likely outcome of the 3), they still lose valuable rest before they'd have to fly to the west coast for the NLCS. So yeah, really hoping the Mets take advantage of the favorable factors in ending the series tomorrow night.

Reactions: John Price

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If I’m the Phillies I probably go to Wheeler in game 4. That said it’s a risk as Sanchez then has to be your game 5 guy and the Mets have Senga and Peterson available
They're not doing Wheeler on 3 days rest, but they wouldn't hesitate going to Sanchez at home, they already did it once on purpose.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Baseball sure is funny.

Mets come in with huge hype last season and end up trading their two big free agent signings eating most of their contracts now they are one win away from going to the NLCS and without the walk off it a sweep

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Baseball sure is funny.

Mets come in with huge hype last season and end up trading their two big free agent signings eating most of their contracts now they are one win away from going to the NLCS and without the walk off it a sweep

Yesterday probably plays out differently if its 2-0, does not mean Phillies win but I bet Nola is out of that game faster and maybe different relievers are used.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad