2024 NHL Trade Deadline

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
We could have probably gotten a second for barabanov last TDL. This team lol
I highly doubt it. It was discussed on SJhockeynow that other teams were wary of Barabanov's defensive game and lack of experience. Maybe a 4th/5th...don't forget he also had more term; that would have been seen as a potential risk to a contending team.

Sturm and Gralund are almost certainly gone by the TDL next year.

Reactions: Sandisfan

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I highly doubt it. It was discussed on SJhockeynow that other teams were wary of Barabanov's defensive game and lack of experience. Maybe a 4th/5th...don't forget he also had more term; that would have been seen as a potential risk to a contending team.

Sturm and Gralund are almost certainly gone by the TDL next year.
They have to still be worth something then. More than likely they are just next years Barabanov or Reimer

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Making judgments on deadline day is stupid. What if Guentzel scores 1 goal in 7 playoff games in a first round exit? What if Hertl gets injured in the playoffs and misses half of next season?

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Trading Hertl was necessary to get this franchise turned around. He just had another procedure done on his knee, even if it wasn’t major, it’s still sketchy. Who knows if he’ll get stay healthy by next TDL. If you’re Grier, you gotta get the best return. Hertl is only getting older and with this move you get a talented youngster who is on the same timeline as Smith, Eklund, Bystedt etc. Being angry at MG makes no sense to me. Not knocking anyone, just makes no sense to me..From what I can tell, MG’s whole motive is to do what’s best for the team and the player. We don’t know if we “Won” or “Lost” this TDL. Give it like 5 yrs or so, then we can say who made out better. Just my opinion. Not trying to be right here. I loved Hertl too, but the writing was on the wall and the big picture viewpoint makes sense and looks good to me.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Trading Hertl was necessary to get this franchise turned around. He just had another procedure done on his knee, even if it wasn’t major, it’s still sketchy. Who knows if he’ll get stay healthy by next TDL. If you’re Grier, you gotta get the best return. Hertl is only getting older and with this move you get a talented youngster who is on the same timeline as Smith, Eklund, Bystedt etc. Being angry at MG makes no sense to me. Not knocking anyone, just makes no sense to me..From what I can tell, MG’s whole motive is to do what’s best for the team and the player. We don’t know if we “Won” or “Lost” this TDL. Give it like 5 yrs or so, then we can say who made out better. Just my opinion. Not trying to be right here. I loved Hertl too, but the writing was on the wall and the big picture viewpoint makes sense and looks good to me.
No hot take?? Who are you?

I say that in jest.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I honestly didn’t even wanna come here and join the discussion after the trade with VGK happened because I knew it would be typical toxicity, sky is falling, fire MG, nonsense. It made more and more sense the more I thought about it. All these people saying we lost the trade or the decision to make the trade was a head scratcher, are very near sighted imo. I trust the professional who’s getting paid to make these decisions. Grier strikes me as a rationale, detailed and intelligent strategist when it comes to the team he wants to build.

Reactions: DG93

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
I honestly didn’t even wanna come here and join the discussion after the trade with VGK happened because I knew it would be typical toxicity, sky is falling, fire MG, nonsense. It made more and more sense the more I thought about it. All these people saying we lost the trade or the decision to make the trade was a head scratcher, are very near sighted imo. I trust the professional who’s getting paid to make these decisions. Grier strikes me as a rationale, detailed and intelligent strategist when it comes to the team he wants to build.
I like MGGM. As I often say, they’ve forgotten more hockey than we will ever know.

Reactions: PacificOceanPotion

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Yep, this is my position as well. Honestly, the destination is the only thing that drove people up the wall. But it is what it is...Hertl wants to win and Vegas gives him one of the best shots to do that in the next few years before his body breaks down. Of course it was much easier to stomach Burns going to the Canes, but Grier did right by the player again (and likely didn't have many other options). Onward we go...

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad