Feb 11, 2013
I guess you didn't check the stats for this year:

Reg Season - 81 games
18G, 64A, +34, 8 PPG, 35 PPP, 7 GWGs

Playoffs - 15 Games
5G, 15A, +10, 1 PPG, 8 PPP, 3 GWG's

96 Games Total so far
23G (9 PP), 79A (34 PP), +44, 10 GWG's

Sounds to me like he got jobbed out of a Norris finalist. And over his 40 playoff games, he has 46 points for his career!

If you believe he's in the same category as Makar I'd guess you also think Hyman is just a smidge below Bossy as a goal scorer.

Reactions: Lights911

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
It’s not that McDavid and Draisaitl are priced wrong. They’re not. It’s hard to construct the rest of that roster when Darnell Nurse is making $9.25M/yr for 6 more years!
Or $5M allocated to an AHL goalie that was pretty clear he wasn’t really a starter, maybe a 1C on a good day.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
If you believe he's in the same category as Makar I'd guess you also think Hyman is just a smidge below Bossy as a goal scorer.

That's a ridiculous comment. We've been ragging about Dobson over Bouchard earlier in the season (or have you forgotten how many here kept thanking Edmonton for letting Dobson fall to us?), and Bouchard had an even better season than Dobson did. We were talking about Dobson being nominated for the Norris for a lot of the season here. Hughes, Josi and Makar are the finalists, and Bouchard should have been in that discussion too.

Bouchard and Ekholm were a dominant pair this year and downplaying that isn't a serious position to take. None of the 3 finalists are still playing, while Bouchard is one of the main reasons Edmonton still is. But if you have to call that out, Makar's numbers and Bouchard's numbers are remarkably similar, playing for teams with very similar approaches and superstar offensive talent around them, so YES, I do think this year they are in the same category for their production.

Whether Bouchard continues next year, we'll see, but I don't bury my head in the sand and assume no one can break into the top tier, nor do I need to pull out false equivalents like that one above.

Reactions: Chapin Landvogt

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
That's a ridiculous comment. We've been ragging about Dobson over Bouchard earlier in the season (or have you forgotten how many here kept thanking Edmonton for letting Dobson fall to us?), and Bouchard had an even better season than Dobson did. We were talking about Dobson being nominated for the Norris for a lot of the season here.
This fanbase significantly overrates our own players and prospects. Every fanbase does it to an extent, but of the teams I follow, the Isles fans are the worst.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
If it ends up as FLA-DAL in the finals, could it be the two best GMs in the league facing off?

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
I’m a bit conflicted, so I need some help here. I believe the future is our children, but I also believe the Rangers need to suffer as many humiliating losses as possible.

Last night my heart was warmed when they panned the crowd at MSG and I saw all the sad, despondent faces on the losers in the crowd. Yes, even the little kids with the $300 jerseys that daddy bought them. I really liked that.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
If it ends up as FLA-DAL in the finals, could it be the two best GMs in the league facing off?
The coaching matchup would be a better narrative for me.

DeBoer has constantly been tossed around for quickly making it to the finals but never getting the job done. Jets held onto Maurice for a longgg time and fans were laughing there asses off when Florida hired him, claiming that he was part of the problem in Winnipeg.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
That's a ridiculous comment. We've been ragging about Dobson over Bouchard earlier in the season (or have you forgotten how many here kept thanking Edmonton for letting Dobson fall to us?), and Bouchard had an even better season than Dobson did. We were talking about Dobson being nominated for the Norris for a lot of the season here. Hughes, Josi and Makar are the finalists, and Bouchard should have been in that discussion too.

Bouchard and Ekholm were a dominant pair this year and downplaying that isn't a serious position to take. None of the 3 finalists are still playing, while Bouchard is one of the main reasons Edmonton still is. But if you have to call that out, Makar's numbers and Bouchard's numbers are remarkably similar, playing for teams with very similar approaches and superstar offensive talent around them, so YES, I do think this year they are in the same category for their production.

Whether Bouchard continues next year, we'll see, but I don't bury my head in the sand and assume no one can break into the top tier, nor do I need to pull out false equivalents like that one above.

If you just look at stats sure, I don't. Bouchard isn't anywhere close to the same stratosphere as Makar. He's a complimentary piece and Makar is a pillar, and Makar will go down as one of the best defensemen the NHL has ever seen. He's had a nice season, and post-season, but without the top two players on Edmonton he wouldn't be doing nearly as much. Makar would bring that same level of play anywhere he went.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Josh Bailey.

Not to get off topic here, but with all the praise that JB12 got while he was playing here (not for actual on ice play though) -- with his great "hockey IQ" and "Leadership" and "team dedication" and all those other wonderful intangibles which all his fans loved to mention...

You'd think he would have been picked up/offered a position where he could leverage those fabulous qualities? I mean ANY team could hire him for any position really -- but if he REALLY has such abilities, youd think the Isles would maybe even giving him -- at least --- an assistant to the traveling secretary job, no?

I mean, a guy like that really would be such a great asset to the organization -- hard to believe nothing has happened..

Unless of course, he ACTUALLY has been fired off into space which was suggested many times here?

Or perhaps dippin dots, freezer compressor technician? Not sure....

Sorry -- MJF started this... just got me thinking...

Reactions: Osakahaus and MJF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad