GDT: 2024 NHL Free Agent Frenzy

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Another one down

Whelp. f*** it. We basically swapped Stamkos for Guentzel and rebuilt the bottom 6 while we continue to have not have a 2nd line for the 4th year in a row because we won't f***ing address the top 6 except for 2 months of Duclair

Thank God we have a lot of young players in Syracuse who might be able to help after this year

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Whelp. f*** it. We basically swapped Stamkos for Guentzel and rebuilt the bottom 6 while we continue to have not have a 2nd line for the 4th year in a row because we won't f***ing address the top 6 except for 2 months of Duclair

Thank God we have a lot of young players in Syracuse who might be able to help after this year
f*** it, Geekie top 6 wing now

Reactions: The Gongshow

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Who cares if we missed out on Roslovic, why you guys want these midling players is beyond me. It's like all the guys who cheered for Sheary last year (the same people who hate on him now). Wait for a trade for a more effective player.

Reactions: enj92

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Who cares if we missed out on Roslovic, why you guys want these midling players is beyond me. It's like all the guys who cheered for Sheary last year (the same people who hate on him now). Wait for a trade for a more effective player.
I swear HF is like that dog from Up going "Squirrel!" at every player getting signed and acting like each one is some huge miss.

Reactions: DFC and Renopucker

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Everyone keeps saying trade, myself included, but there's been no legit rumours/mumblings this is even the case.

This is the roster we get. We're gonna have to deal with it till TDL

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Everyone keeps saying trade, myself included, but there's been no legit rumours/mumblings this is even the case.

This is the roster we get. We're gonna have to deal with it till TDL

I don’t think there’s anything imminent right now but we’re setting ourselves up to do something in the season.

Reactions: Rschmitz

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

You are vastly overrating Syracuse. Our pipeline is arguably the worst in the league right now.

Reactions: Crunchrulz

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
You are vastly overrating Syracuse. Our pipeline is arguably the worst in the league right now.
They said the same thing when we had Cirelli, Gourde, Joseph and Sergachev. A team could have 5 Yakupov's running around and as long as they're under 20 and top 5 picks they'll call it the best farm in the league

All they care about is age and draft position

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
They said the same thing when we had Cirelli, Gourde, Joseph and Sergachev. A team could have 5 Yakupov's running around and as long as they're under 20 and top 5 picks they'll call it the best farm in the league

All they care about is age and draft position

No they didn't....?

Reactions: Rschmitz

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
We were ranked dead last. Trust me
11. Tampa Bay Lightning – 107

The Bolts prospect pool is all about quantity not quality. The addition of Mikhail Sergachev gives them a top prospect but it’s a lot of B prospects after that. Tampa has several players turning pro so the Syracuse crunch will be a fun team to watch with additions of Anthony Cirelli, Mathieu Joseph, and Mitchell Stephens. Peter Harling

It's a shame that this ranking doesn't cover a team's top 20 prospects because I think Tampa's system has way more depth than others. They are going to have more NHLer caliber players than they know what to do with Joel Henderson
7. Tampa Bay Lightning
Previous rank:

Tampa's system got a big boost after getting blueliner Mikhail Sergachev in the Jonathan Drouin trade. Their 2016 draft class is also a big part of this ranking, as Brett Howden and Taylor Raddysh had fantastic post-draft seasons. Anthony Cirelli also turned heads everywhere he went, and he played everywhere this past season. The system isn't as deep as it used to be, with the Bolts graduating a lot of youngsters the past few seasons, but they should get solid value on their recent picks.
8. Tampa Bay Lightning:

In Mikhail Sergachev, the Tampa Bay Lightning acquired one of the top defensive prospects in hockey this summer. They further added to the defence core with first round pick Cal Foote. The Lightning have depth in Jake Dotchin, Libor Hajcek, Erik Cernak, Dominik Masin, and Ben Thomas. The Lightning have one of the youngest starters in the NHL in Vasilevskiy, so the fact that they do not have a strong goalie prospect ready to play is not a concern. They do have a solid long-term project in Connor Ingram.

Up front, Brett Howden had an excellent season with Moose Jaw; while Taylor Raddysh impressed with Erie and Team Canada at the World Juniors. Anthony Cirelli was another key member of the Otters and Team Canada. Mathieu Joseph had a breakout season with Saint John, and also played in the World Juniors. Winger Adam Erne had a strong season in Syracuse, but struggled at the NHL level.

General manager Steve Yzerman has built one of the deepest systems in the game. When most teams would have folded due to a season filled with injuries, the Lightning were able to stay in playoff contention until the final weekend of the season. The Lightning added Alexei Lipanov, and Alexander Volkov at this year’s draft. They join Boris Katchouk, Mitchell Stephens, Dennis Yan, and Matthew Peca as notables in the system.

"Dead last" trust me bro.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Thank you.
If people take a few moments to do their own research, they will learn that nearly all of those who have a lot more hockey knowledge than we do agree with you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad