GDT: 2024 NHL Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
If sheary and Atkinson are both in our opening day line up we are in some deep dog poop.

Where these trades at?!?!
We will make some obscure trade for the ahl and Jbb/Cooper will talk about doing it the right way and bringing guys up the Tampa way. JBB messed up the Stamkos debacle and still hasn't fixed our top 6 or bottom 6. Sheary and Atkinson aren't going to cut it. Jbb is either trying to be the smartest man in the room holding his trade up his sleeve or is clueless at signing free agents. So many top 9 forwards were available and we had the cap space. No way Calgary is a better destination than Tampa. Florida signed Schmidt to replace oel or montour. We signed Atkinson to replace stamkos.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Meh. We're gonna run Hedman, McDonagh and Moser down the left side. Nate was never ever ever cracking the lineup because of that. I don't think the coaching staff would care if he was Coburn. If you're left handed you ONLY play the left side

I think we'll see a lot of Hedman-Moser this year, depending on the zone start and game situation. Mosers done a lot of RD the last 3 years.

Difficult to ask for a better 1-2 punch on the PK than McDonagh-Cernak and Hedman-Moser

Schmidt is good enough I think you'd wanna just keep Moser paired with Hedman and rotate Perbix/Raddysh as Schmidt's partner.

Would have been a nice luxury item but whatevs

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Meh. We're gonna run Hedman, McDonagh and Moser down the left side. Nate was never ever ever cracking the lineup because of that. I don't think the coaching staff would care if he was Coburn. If you're left handed you ONLY play the left side
I'm fine with this. We have to be weary if age with McD and Heddy, but Moser could be a great pickup for us. We're no longer paying 8.5m for a LD3. Moser is used to playing 20+ a night, so we can still give McD and Heddy some rest till playoffs.

Liliberg as the 7D.

On paper our D looks much better for 5 on 5.

Hedman - Radysh
McDonagh - Cernak
Moser - Perbix
Liliberg

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I think we'll see a lot of Hedman-Moser this year, depending on the zone start and game situation. Mosers done a lot of RD the last 3 years.

Difficult to ask for a better 1-2 punch on the PK than McDonagh-Cernak and Hedman-Moser

Schmidt is good enough I think you'd wanna just keep Moser paired with Hedman and rotate Perbix/Raddysh as Schmidt's partner.

Would have been a nice luxury item but whatevs
It's such a weird hill to die on. Call it a decade of Jon Cooper and the dude refuses to roll 4 lines (unless it's 2018) and won't let defenders play on their back hand. You're right. It would have been nice
I'm fine with this. We have to be weary if age with McD and Heddy, but Moser could be a great pickup for us. We're no longer paying 8.5m for a LD3. Moser is used to playing 20+ a night, so we can still give McD and Heddy some rest till playoffs.

Liliberg as the 7D.

On paper our D looks much better for 5 on 5.

Hedman - Radysh
McDonagh - Cernak
Moser - Perbix
Liliberg
That isn't a bad lineup. We are used to being so spoiled but that's a lineup most teams could even hope for. I have a gentle suspicion that Perbix is gonna be better this year simply because he won't be asked to play with Sergachev ever again.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
It's such a weird hill to die on. Call it a decade of Jon Cooper and the dude refuses to roll 4 lines (unless it's 2018) and won't let defenders play on their back hand. You're right. It would have been nice

That isn't a bad lineup. We are used to being so spoiled but that's a lineup most teams could even hope for. I have a gentle suspicion that Perbix is gonna be better this year simply because he won't be asked to play with Sergachev ever again.
He'll be sheltered on tbe 3rd pair and get like 12 minutes a game. Should be much easier for him.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Would have been a big upgrade over Lilleberg.

Also, for obvious reasons, I'd have liked him.
IMO the Nord needs another year in SYR to polish up on a few things other than punishing hits and blocking shots. But he also shows flashes he can learn on the job. I'd rather it be in SYR, along with Max (Crozier) for one more year. The Perbix slump really knocked me back a few steps so I'm a bit skiddish

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
IMO the Nord needs another year in SYR to polish up on a few things other than punishing hits and blocking shots. But he also shows flashes he can learn on the job. I'd rather it be in SYR, along with Max (Crozier) for one more year. The Perbix slump really knocked me back a few steps so I'm a bit skiddish
Crozier showed higher ceiling potential than Perbix in his short stint here. But he's still quite raw, so more time in the A is fine with me. Problem is I really don't want to watch Perbix get caught flat footed leading to an odd man rush the other way, or just flat out, out of position, leading to the puck in the back of our net.

Hopefully Moser stabilizes things. His presence means we don't have to overpay an Edmundson type in UFA, AND we can keep Lilleberg in Syracuse if need be.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Crozier showed higher ceiling potential than Perbix in his short stint here. But he's still quite raw, so more time in the A is fine with me. Problem is I really don't want to watch Perbix get caught flat footed leading to an odd man rush the other way, or just flat out, out of position, leading to the puck in the back of our net.

Hopefully Moser stabilizes things. His presence means we don't have to overpay an Edmundson type in UFA, AND we can keep Lilleberg in Syracuse if need be.
Forgot to add in my other post - The Blashill Affect.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad