GDT: 2024 NHL Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Yea I was counting Sheary's teams as years by accident. It's more like 7...you're right. But that's still a lifetime ago.

Never said you implied Guentzel would spark Cirelli. I just can't imagine a scenario where we acquired Guentzel for any other reason than to be a foundation on the 1st line, especially for that money...whether that's to get the 2nd line going....to try and get chemistry back with Sheary....whatever. It's just grasping at straws IMO. Didn't mean any offense. I just think it's way simpler than people are making it out to be. He's a stud. He's gonna be a 1st liner.

Don't even Pub subs as much as I want to, so don't really have a fave, but I ate a chipotle chicken one the other day that was great. You?
Ironically I just downed a turkey spinach wrap. Which is why I have Pub Subs on the brain (literally and figuratively)

@DistantThunderRep summed it up perfectly in the other thread

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
He'd cost our remaining cap space I'd imagine

Side note, if we have extra cap space, we should use it to buy free agent years from Moser
I think he wound be around 4 million, but for some reason I thought he was still with EDM.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I think Stamkos is the bottom one.
He's the top. Hagel is the baller in the middle, Cirelli at the bottom.

Go back a year before and he's got 50 ES points, Cirelli 8 ES goals in around 60 games IIRC, Hagel is fine. The black hole 5v5 isn't Stamkos. He's average at this point, but Cirelli is the 5v5 "problem" before Stamkos was.

Reactions: gn2007

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm more than good with Roslovic. Is he better than Stamkos? No. We don't need him to be. We need someone who isn't gonna black hole Hagel and not force us to quadruple down on 1 solitary scoring line

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Now hes shitting on our prospects... or lack thereof

This quote pisses me off

The lack of prospects is something we Syracuse fans have been trying to explain for five years.

The once proud pipeline was almost totally drained to supply the pieces for the Cup runs.

Anyone who believes the pipeline is even close to what it once was talent wise needs to take a long, honest look at as while we have a few decent prospects, they are few and far between as far as their stages of development.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Maybe the best argument for Sprong is to fill Stammer's spot on the PP.

We talk about what Stammer was getting bad at, not what he was good at, and it was firing clap bombs on the PP.

The way the PP worked pretty much requires a right-handed shooter.

AFP has him with 4m x 3y

Last edited:
Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Maybe the best argument for Sprong is to fill Stammer's spot on the PP.

We talk about what Stammer was getting bad at, not what he was good at, and it was firing clap bombs on the PP.

The way the PP worked pretty much requires a right-handed shooter.

AFP has him with 4m x 3y

The big problem with Sprong is that he's a defensive blackhole, very passive in the defensive end and coasts instead of hustling to recover the puck.
This means the team that gets him, has to shelter him and give him very limited minutes.
Reason why, despite his very talented scoring ability, he's been on 5 different teams in the past 6 years. Teams don't take you seriously anymore if you seem to completely disregard the defensive side of the game.
This is why I don't see him as a great fit anymore, for us.

Reactions: Felonious Python

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The big problem with Sprong is that he's a defensive blackhole, very passive in the defensive end and coasts instead of hustling to recover the puck.
This means the team that gets him, has to shelter him and give him very limited minutes.
Reason why, despite his very talented scoring ability, he's been on 5 different teams in the past 6 years. Teams don't take you seriously anymore if you seem to completely disregard the defensive side of the game.
This is why I don't see him as a great fit anymore, for us.
There are limited options on the free agent market, and we don't really have a right-handed shooter.

We could try Point in that spot, but that would take him away from his role in the bumper. (and having a righty in the middle is still ideal, which we'd still need)

Sprong plays Stammers role.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Sprong would be nice, especially for the PP. Although he's pretty poor defensively and is forced to be shifted down the lineup because he's bad 5v5.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad