GDT: 2024 NHL Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
Someone make it make it make sense....why is it a good thing BriseBois lowballed Stamkos out of town after 2 cups, and 40 goals last season
Unless he is doing with what detroit did wait til 35 than add the performance bonus that will count til next year. I just don't see how we keep stammer.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Someone make it make it make sense....why is it a good thing BriseBois lowballed Stamkos out of town after 2 cups, and 40 goals last season
because stamkos isn't worth what he is going to get paid? his name has more value than his actual play. i guess we could just sign all our franchise legends to shit contracts and happily fall out of the playoffs but our gm wants us to win a cup. now whether that's even possible at this point idk but guentzel gives us a better chance than stamkos at the very least

Headman

Feb 15, 2024
Yes but GM wanting us to win a cup could include a guy willing to take SOME hometown discount (say, 40%??) for a 5-year term to stay where his family wants to live, who is a vicious deadly weapon on the league's best power play, and who by the way captained the team to two cups and still can score 40 goals a season

Or maybe not

Reactions: VinikToWinIt

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'd rather have Stamkos than 2 bottom 6 plugs at this point. Stamkos rounds out our top 6 and we've improved on D on paper at least with McD and Moser

We can't afford JAM or Tuevo

Hell no to Mantha or Skinner

Reactions: Coopers Gum

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
because stamkos isn't worth what he is going to get paid? his name has more value than his actual play. i guess we could just sign all our franchise legends to shit contracts and happily fall out of the playoffs but our gm wants us to win a cup. now whether that's even possible at this point idk but guentzel gives us a better chance than stamkos at the very least
I don't think it would take a shit contract to resign him though. I agree he's sought after because of his name and will fetch an insane amount, but 3M is realistically 40% of what he is valued at - and that's being fairly conservative. When was the last time a 40 goal scorer was offered 3M AAV? It feels personal from Brisebois if I'm being honest.

Reactions: Coopers Gum

Headman

Feb 15, 2024
I mean first Marty St. Louis got snubbed for Team Canada by Yzerman, who then sat Stamkos [broken leg] and subbed in Marty, who then won his Olympic gold medal after all. But the damage was done, so after scoring four goals the night he was snubbed and after winning the gold, he requested a trade because of the unbelievable level of disrespect from the GM. Now it looks like Stamkos's turn to get dumped.

I'd prefer Tampa Bay not develop a reputation for shitting on its heart-and-soul, blood-and-guts captain type players toward the end of their still-productive careers, after they helped the team win Cups.

I'd imagine Victor Hedman is one nervous cat right about now, wondering what the future may hold for him.........Kucherov and Point too. (yes they're under contract, talking about later)

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I mean first Marty St. Louis got snubbed for Team Canada by Yzerman, who then sat Stamkos [broken leg] and subbed in Marty, who then won his Olympic gold medal after all. But the damage was done, so after scoring four goals the night he was snubbed and after winning the gold, he requested a trade because of the unbelievable level of disrespect from the GM. Now it looks like Stamkos's turn to get dumped.

I'd prefer Tampa Bay not develop a reputation for shitting on its heart-and-soul, blood-and-guts captain type players toward the end of their still-productive careers, after they helped the team win Cups.

I'd imagine Victor Hedman is one nervous cat right about now, wondering what the future may hold for him.........Kucherov and Point too. (yes they're under contract, talking about later)
Agreed but Hedman probably has greater security since we don't have a young LD waiting in the wings and no, Sergachev wasn't that guy. Hedman nearly being extended takes the worry out of there as well. In hindsight, it doesn't feel like Brisebois ever wanted to resign Stamkos. If the number you gave your captain was 3M and he's playing at top 6 level, it's telling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad