GDT: 2024 NHL first round. 7PM EST / 4PM PST

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
#2 made sense. #3 was a surprise, but there was absolutely chatter about it. His reaction speaks for itself though.
I disagree. Levshunov doesn't have the vision and hockey IQ to generate enough offense to justify a 2nd overall pick. He's a safe pick but not a good one. He's not gonna be the best defenseman of his draft class.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
It’s not about Chicago getting a bad player. He’s not. You simply don’t draft a guy like that over Demidov. I just don’t feel like I’m going to be wrong here.

We were happy when Holland drafted Zadina over Hughes many years ago. Not saying Demidov is the next coming of Zadina, but scouts spend more time than us watching these kids play. Demidov was ranked by many as the 2nd best, so I'm sure Chicago did enough scouting for them to really like the dman instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad