GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 - June 28th - 7 P.M. / Round 2-7 - June 29th - 11 A.M

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I dont understand this picks after them last year.

I dont like to load by wingers because they are not good assets and both doesnt look like players with higher ceiling.

I would prefer player with NHL tools like Shuravin.
I think Fitz asked his scouts for wingers with size and some upside, and he had to give his Finland and Sweden scouts a swing after already giving his Russian scouting a big LD. That's the only way I could explain it.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I think Fitz asked his scouts for wingers with size and some upside, and he had to give his Finland and Sweden scouts a swing after already giving his Russian scouting a big LD. That's the only way I could explain it.
It does look reasonable. It may be looks not but it is. I saw videos from the draft and he literally asked scouts after scouts for their players. In some specific round he asked scout for goalie. So yeah, looks like this is the way how they are working.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Fitz has really been doing some "big" game hunting.
28fee8ec-baca-4257-b630-6981adee1ac4_text.gif

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
It does look reasonable. It may be looks not but it is. I saw videos from the draft and he literally asked scouts after scouts for their players. In some specific round he asked scout for goalie. So yeah, looks like this is the way how they are working.
I've been saying for years Devils need more cohesion at the draft table. Giving alternating scouts picks is inherently flawed, and explains wasted picks like Salminen, Baumgartner and Hurtig. Last year, Squires and Brown were not exactly savvy picks either. Karpovich was probably the best player NJ drafted, but our Russian scouting is top-end and we should trust it more.

Hopefully we nab Krutov in the 5th. Maybe Kevin He will still be around, or Poirier -- we still haven't taken a CHL skater so those scouts might get a pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $682.00