GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 - June 28th - 7 P.M. / Round 2-7 - June 29th - 11 A.M

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Using a highish pick on one isn’t guaranteed to be an answer either, the last few goalies we’ve drafted in the second round or above are Ahonen, Damphousse, Jeff Frasee and Blackwood. Sad that Blackwood was clearly the best of them and he turned into space junk too lol
Blackwood is far from space junk when healthy. Our non-goalie second round picks have fizzled out like crazy too, so it's not like a skater is some guaranteed stud.

Reactions: My3Sons and HBK27

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Oh man I'm gonna be pumped if we get Dillon. Been pushing his name on these boards since the start of the off season. We are gonna love him as a person and a player. Honestly such a good fit with this roster.
Is there rumours I haven’t seen yet or are you just excited at the thought?

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
Using a highish pick on one isn’t guaranteed to be an answer either, the last few goalies we’ve drafted in the second round or above are Ahonen, Damphousse, Jeff Frasee and Blackwood. Sad that Blackwood was clearly the best of them and he turned into space junk too lol
None of these kids are guarantees. If you see your guy available you take him. Goalies are fickle though so I see the hesitancy but we need to find a long term solution. To do that you need to draft them or you're paying a huge premium trade wise or cap wise as we just saw with Markstrom.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Definitely seems like the plan is that the offense will figure itself out with a new system and healthy players.

They're banking on Jack and Timo getting healthy, Mercer bouncing back, and some natural progression from Holtz. If the defense and goaltending do their job, a huge step forward offensively isn't necessary.

I wouldn't expect to see any moves for the top-6. Might sign a bottom-6 guy or two for depth.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Siegs - Dougie
Luke - Pesce
Dillon - Nemec
IMG_0159.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00