GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 - June 28th - 7 P.M. / Round 2-7 - June 29th - 11 A.M

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
1719621327491.png

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I am not a fan of this pick. I don't care how you wanna sugarcoat it. This screams like Muk 2.0, a reach pick when there were better consensus options. Pissed off right now.
Muk wasn't a bad pick either, did we need get Meier w him, and is he not a good prospect?

All these strange ppl are out on the boards tonight

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I totally agree that getting a guy slated for the top of the draft at 10 is objectively a good thing, but the three-year window for contribution is a legit thing to complain about when we're trying to compete now.

Fitz really needs to get maximum value for Marino. We aren't flush in assets at the moment to improve next year's squad

Reactions: Blender

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't get how anyone is really upset with the pick. If they had picked a guy like Boisvert at 10, be upset. But Silayev had a number of evaluators with him inside the top 5.

Pick itself seems good, but I'm not really in a place to be excited about someone who won't be on the squad for 3 years when next year's squad needs work.

Lou Bloom

Oct 14, 2020
I totally agree that getting a guy slated for the top of the draft at 10 is objectively a good thing, but the three-year window for contribution is a legit thing to complain about when we're trying to compete now.
Celebrini is the only player from this class likely to play in the NHL next season. After that you're only talking about a handful of players that are likely going to play in the NHL in their D+2 season and most of those players aren't going to be impact players. Silaev has a chance to be a dominant shut down defenseman, you should be able to wait an extra year for that type of player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad