GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 - June 28th - 7 P.M. / Round 2-7 - June 29th - 11 A.M

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
jumping in to share a quick reaction (ill drop a bigger report later. we doing an official thread?)

i like this pick. not quite my best available, but i think a lot of silayev's offensive upside concerns and puck skill issues are less of a problem on a blue line that already has luke and nemo on it. we talk all the time about wanting to add true shutdown guys, well, here he is. his mobility at 6'7" is rare

larionov has done a good job w him and artamonov in torpedo, and i expect that to continue. good team composition pairing even if i technically preferred a dickinson or buium pick more. my 9th ranked prospect

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
It should be noted that we've already traded two guys with a similar profile.

If anything, to a certain point, they're always tradable.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
We should of honestly took Buium , Nygard or Dickinson.

Going into this I wanted Sennecke at 10 but that was never happening.

Can't judge this pick too much as we know we have to wait and aeehow it pans out but I would want a player with more offensive upside than what we took at 10. At the same time a sound , giant , strong skating defensman is going to be a need now and in the future on this team. Could be a beast pairing with Luke or Nemec.

Just swing for the fences tmrw with the other picks and take a goalie for the hell of it with a pick.

Reactions: Darkauron

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
That timeline works for how the Devils want to develop their dman these days.

Happy with the pick but there is going to be so much complaining if either Dickinson or Buium are better/start contributing sooner. I can already hear it.
at best it's going to be 1 year earlier probably. And you don't really want another 19 year old with Luke at 22, and nemec at 21. Would rather have 20, 23, and 22 when Silayev comes over

Reactions: RNCDevil and HBK27

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
We should of honestly took Buium , Nygard or Dickinson.

Going into this I wanted Sennecke at 10 but that was never happening.

Can't judge this pick too much as we know we have to wait and aeehow it pans out but I would want a player with more offensive upside than what we took at 10. At the same time a sound , giant , strong skating defensman is going to be a need now and in the future on this team. Could be a beast pairing with Luke or Nemec.

Just swing for the fences tmrw with the other picks and take a goalie for the hell of it with a pick.
Just imagine him with Nemec. They will tilt the ice.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
A Casey-Silayev pair in the future is David and Goliath
midget-dr-evil.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad