GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 - June 28th - 7 P.M. / Round 2-7 - June 29th - 11 A.M

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Holtz being offered to SJ for Meier and later being offered to Calgary in the Markstrom deal at the deadline (which never happened), was well reported and well discussed on these boards.
It was rumored more than actually reported, and many here still thought it was other teams asking for Holtz and US not wanting to trade him. I've gotten that pushback when I've theorized Fitz is ripping him publicly in part cause he knows he can't trade him anyway so this is his only recourse.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Pesce had a rough year (partially due to injuries) but his overall body of work is far better than Marino's.

I like Marino but Pesce is definitely an upgrade in the short term. Long term? Depends on the contract and how long he gets signed for.

Reactions: HBK27

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Can you make NHL edge cards?

Usually not my thing versus copying & pasting The Athletic player cards, but here's what I can come up with:

1719604655144.png

1719604710364.png

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
I think there’s a decent chance he’s out of the league and in Sweden in a couple years regardless of what we do.
this is my genuine belief as well.

for Marino trade, is there a team out there who has a glutton of left handed d that would be potentially a good fit for trade?

i don’t think i mind a Lauzon+2/3rd pick for Marino trade.

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
rank the following 5 things in order of likelihood:

• Devils trade Marino tonight.
  • Devils use their draft pick tonight.
  • Alex Holtz develops into a solid, Toffoli-esque top-6 forward who is capable of potting 30+.
  • I am able to satisfy my wife emotionally and sexually tonight (I have had 7 beers).
  • A player drafted between pick 7-12 tonight plays a quality 60+ games next year.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
This is what I thought. They only use 3-seasons of data for the projections portion. At the end of the season it’s just that single season as there’s nothing left to project.

Those cards are just last season.

That’s why the current and forecasted ratings are the same. I’d imagine they are for all players.

Ah, you're right...I did not realize that. So, it would be just this past season then. Thanks for the clarification.

Reactions: Captain3rdLine

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Usually not my thing versus copying & pasting The Athletic player cards, but here's what I can come up with:

View attachment 888687

View attachment 888688
That downgrade in skating is not great. Do not like that, especially buying more (older) years coming off an injury. The whole thing is just weird to me.

I'd stick with Marino and hope he bounces back to 2023 form.

megajake

Aug 24, 2009
That downgrade in skating is not great. Do not like that, especially buying more (older) years coming off an injury. The whole thing is just weird to me.

I'd stick with Marino and hope he bounces back to 2023 form.
And if he doesn't bounce back? Another season wasted

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad