GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 - June 28th - 7 P.M. / Round 2-7 - June 29th - 11 A.M

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
Here's a list for the top consensus forwards, in my estimation:

Ready now: Celebrini
Maybe One Year Away: Demidov, Helenius, Nygard, Chernyshov
Maybe Two Years Away: Catton, Lindstrom, Beaudoin
Probably Three Years Away or More: Iginla, Sennecke, Hage, Eiserman

I'd love to get alternate takes on this from @Guadana and @evnted
looks pretty good. couple minor tier flips id say but not much. i think helenius is in a flux b/w ready now and 1 year away, same with lindstrom for 1 and 2 years away. functionally chernyshov could prob play in 1 but 2 solid years in the khl could be good

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
"Holtz was actually part of a Devils offer to San Jose for Meier at the Deadline a couple years back, and the Sharks passed on him for Shakir Mukhamadullin. ...His availability at the Draft makes you wonder what else New Jersey will get up to in free agency."

I always said that. And minority of hf posters believed.

So I was right. Again. If you don't praise yourself, no one will.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
"Holtz was actually part of a Devils offer to San Jose for Meier at the Deadline a couple years back, and the Sharks passed on him for Shakir Mukhamadullin. ...His availability at the Draft makes you wonder what else New Jersey will get up to in free agency."

So I was right. Again.
I honestly think they’ve probably offered him in quite a few trades at this point. As I’ve said I’m not sure he has much trade value.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I think he was a potential part of the package for Markstrom. And I think Calgary preferred Bahl.

Now it looks like Devils should work on his value and trade the player after.
I’m not sure how they could do that. His value is probably more likely to go down than up unless he figures it out and becomes a top 6 forward. Not sure that’s ever gonna happen.

Reactions: Guadana

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

That's an 27.7% improvement

1719604091926.png

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I’m not sure how they could do that. His value is probably more likely to go down than up unless he figures it out and becomes a top 6 forward. Not sure that’s ever gonna happen.
Of course if he is a part of the package for important player - I have no issue. I just dont wanna trade him for 3rd pair/bottom line player. They can sign Henrique/Monahan for the third line center role and give all the offensive opportunities. Play kid on the PP. And if things will go well - continue. If not... I still dont think that 2/3 round pick level trade is worth it.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY

Evan and I praise you all the time. Jeez.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Of course if he is a part of the package for important player - I have no issue. I just dont wanna trade him for 3rd pair/bottom line player. They can sign Henrique/Monahan for the third line center role and give all the offensive opportunities. Play kid on the PP. And if things will go well - continue. If not... I still dont think that 2/3 round pick level trade is worth it.
I don’t think he’d get a 2nd round pick right now.

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
Also wonder if Marino, personality-wise, has something going on. I remember his dad was reported to be annoying.
Doubt it. If you follow the players' social medias frequently (which I do, but my wife does to a near-arrestable degree) he's literally always hanging with the boys. Jack and Luke, specifically, are always out with him.

In fact, when Jack went to the all-star game last year in Florida, John Marino went to FLL for vacation and partied with the boys down south too. Maybe he's a bit of a party animal, and maybe that contributes to the organization looking for other influences for the young guys. But in terms of fit / personality, he's a pretty core member of that group.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I think Pesce has been fantastic to this point in his career.

The more relevant questions are not what is now or what he was before, but what they project him to be and at what price. Canes fans noted his mobility has declined and he was somewhat less effective. Canes fans used to hold Pesce in higher regard than Skjei, but that's seemed to have reversed. Their FO seems to view it the same way, as Tulsky has at least paid lip service to trying to bring Skjei back, but have basically made zero attempts to re-sign Pesce.

Is Pesce going to be that same player? For how long? For $6.5M? For me, it's too much risk and has too many shades of the Palat deal.
Perhaps Carolina fans just can't get used to having a player who isn't always diving to the ice and yelling at the ref.

Reactions: Clam Jensen

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Evan and I praise you all the time. Jeez.
Its okay, Steve, I have only positives with you. We spent tonns of time for making value of Shakir better. Sometimes I think my videos with him had quite good views so may be even SJ stuff saw it. May be Im little but part of that story. Even if it is a lie, I still sleep better with this on the mind)

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
If the Devils players were starting to foster a bit of a "lads lads lads" culture, can't say I blame Fitz for wanting to nip it in the bud.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

I've been beating the Devils have been trying to trade Holtz and nobody's buying drum for over a year now, basically from the minute I saw everything else Grier took back from us that wasn't Holtz in the Timo trade.

Reactions: My3Sons and Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I've been beating the Devils have been trying to trade Holtz and nobody's buying drum for over a year now, basically from the minute I saw everything else Grier took back from us that wasn't Holtz in the Timo trade.
For me it was ringing bell on the previous draft when we drafted Lenny and some other righties after. And there is a huge chance we will draft one of right handed forwards for future top-6 role this year.

Trade of Shakir - young talented player aside from NHL and Zetterberg - right handed wing for RW Meier, who was signed for 8 years after, was a big mark of "they dont wanna Holtz even if he was obvious RW to trade in this case".

Reactions: My3Sons

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK

Holtz being offered to SJ for Meier and later being offered to Calgary in the Markstrom deal at the deadline (which never happened), was well reported and well discussed on these boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad