GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 - June 28th - 7 P.M. / Round 2-7 - June 29th - 11 A.M

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I don't really understand why teams make picks like this. you could just trade these picks for players who are in the NHL who already fill that kind of role. Like the Devils themselves just acquired Macdermid for basically two seventh round picks.

The NHL is becoming pretty light on players like this. Graham led the WHL in penalty minutes. I'm not justifying the pick - it is quite bad - but gone are the days where these guys are all over hockey and you can just find them on a minor league roster or whatever.

Comparison Ford

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
I do like the mindset that fitz has which is become way tougher to play against.

The execution on this pick tho doesnt seem great.

Reactions: My3Sons

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
The NHL is becoming pretty light on players like this. Graham led the WHL in penalty minutes. I'm not justifying the pick - it is quite bad - but gone are the days where these guys are all over hockey and you can just find them on a minor league roster or whatever.
There’s a reason the NHL is light on them. Because they suck and don’t help you win hockey games and there only needs to be like 10 of them for the 10 sucker GM’s who still think they need to have some goon who can’t actually play hockey. And you can get one of those 10 guys for a 7th round pick from the 22nd team that finally realized that player doesn’t provide any value.

Reactions: forceten

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
these last two picks have not been my favorite. in fairness to louhivaara im really not familiar with him, but i wouldve preferred either project D or upside swing on an undersized forward. the graham pick is, uh, something

surprised the overall response isnt more favorable in here, though. again, i know we're neglecting middle ice, but im very happy with the value of our first four picks

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Roll on to pick #171. Did the TV people talk about our goalie pick? I feel like they skipped it - is it the Dano fear of saying the name? He had .890 in the Finn U20...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad