GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft Part TWO: Rounds 2-7 | Sat. June 29, 11:30 a.m. | SN1, TVA Sports

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I doubt they'd think that way

Chicago will be a bottom tier team

I just think they loved this draft a bit more so far and what was available to them

Lottery makes this unpredictable
True but a legit chance at Martone or Hagens would be extremely tempting. Chicago could only drop two spots and I think they're bottom 2 again for sure.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I doubt they have anything to trade but they could sign a UFA or 2 and that could move them up several spots.

yes, this is what I meant, not a trade. thanks. I would make the trade for back to back unprotected picks for 2025, 2026, and a 2024 late first rounder.

That what make me think about it.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Recap:

Sorry for all the anxiety and worry about Buium - in the end, it looks like my evaluation of the player might have been shared enough to see him fall as much as he did.

Sennecke went at 3 - not so much of a reach at 5?

Iginla went higher than I thought, though, so don't think the evaluation was that far off for the team to look at those two guys if things had gone differently.

TCIH

Nov 26, 2007
Montreal
Iginla went higher than I thought, though, so don't think the evaluation was that far off for the team to look at those two guys if things had gone differently.

It always struck me as odd that people thought Iginla would be a reach for us. He has pedigree (and a source of personal coaching both on and off the ice in his father), plays a game that will translate well to the NHL, has gotten better and better, and is one of the youngest players. If Demidov/Sennecke/Lindstrom were all off the board when we picked at 5 I would've been thrilled to pick up Tij.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Amazing 1st round by Habs. Two skilled players.

Demidov is the 2nd best player in this year draft.

Reinbacher have so much less pressure aswell. He can easily take time to develop into a two-way D beast.

After 3 years of tanking, we got 2 amazing young forward with Juraj Slafkovsky and Ivan Demidov.

OMG!!

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
Slightly disappointed we didn’t make a trade for a young forward to add to our core, someone like McGroarty.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Scott Wheeler:

I can’t think of a better outcome for the Habs. We know where their young group of defensemen is at. Now, they’ve added two of the best forwards in the draft, one of whom is an elite skill guy and one of whom is a center with length, skating (Hage is one of the best skaters in the draft), skill (he gets high grades in this class here, too) and a profile that I love.

I believe that Demidov is the second-best prospect in the draft and is a home run for the Habs. A true game-breaker is the one thing it felt like their core was missing — the kind of player who can challenge for 90 to 100 points if things break right. There’s no guarantee that he will become that, but I see that kind of upside and he feels like a 70-to-80-point player at his floor. I think he’s going to make magic happen in the NHL and thrill one of the most passionate fan bases in professional sports. It’ll be great for the league.

And Hage might be my favorite prospect in the draft. I think he’s got a legitimate path to a long career as a top-six player. I comped him to Jordan Kyrou and I think that’s within reach.

This is a big day in the Habs’ rebuild and they had the best Day 1 of the bunch. One to remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad