GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft Part TWO: Rounds 2-7 | Sat. June 29, 11:30 a.m. | SN1, TVA Sports

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Yeah I know I was just kidding lol

I think the McGroarty trade talks are done now. I think we could have done something with #21+. Now I don't think the Habs have anything the Jets want that we'd be willing to part with.

I think we have a lot of what Winnipeg is looking for. Dman.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Slightly disappointed we didn’t make a trade for a young forward to add to our core, someone like McGroarty.
1719643116739.gif

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Lets see what they can get done today but it would be nice to see one of LDs like Harris or Struble or maybe even Kovacevic on the right side go for a 2nd here and maybe package some picks with a third to move in again.

Stiga would be a dream or Chernyshov. Artamonov is still there. Basha.

We need to get Battaglia and Villeneuve.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Would not be shocked if we added another goalie in the 3rd round like last year. Yegorov has the personality to play in Montreal.
Also some grit please.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Really thought the habs would have made a trade for a roster player. We have too many dmen
I'm pretty confident that trade is still coming. The logjam on the left side was already bad, but with Hutson likely leap frogging Xhekaj, Harris and Struble, you'd have to imagine a trade is inevitable.

Reactions: dinodebino

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Lets see what they can get done today but it would be nice to see one of LDs like Harris or Struble or maybe even Kovacevic on the right side go for a 2nd here and maybe package some picks with a third to move in again.

Stiga would be a dream or Chernyshov. Artamonov is still there. Basha.

We need to get Battaglia and Villeneuve.

Or Mcgroarty - ie. I think we have enough prospects let's add someone that can play this year.

I would also look positively on moving 2025 draft assets to 2024, even if 2025 looks good. We shouldn't care too much about quantity right now, we need quality.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
Quite a few teams with playoff aspirations who have multiple 2nd rounders today. Carolina (3), Pittsburgh, Buffalo, NYI to name a few. Good opportunity to clean up the Habs defensive logjam imo.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Recap:

Sorry for all the anxiety and worry about Buium - in the end, it looks like my evaluation of the player might have been shared enough to see him fall as much as he did.

Sennecke went at 3 - not so much of a reach at 5?

Iginla went higher than I thought, though, so don't think the evaluation was that far off for the team to look at those two guys if things had gone differently.
Anaheim reached a bit for size and a RH shot (their young offensive core of Mac, Zegras and Carlson are all left handed). Still, I agree that he was better ranked that what I thought. Still happy we did not take him. Iginla was my guy in this draft. Time will tell now on which one of these young forwards is the best of his class.

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
I don't know many players outside of the first round, but I am hoping the habs draft Villeneuve today. Skill with a real mean streak. I would think he gets picked end of second round so habs likely not in range but maybe there's an outside chance he drops to the third.

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
Weird trade by Edmonton at the end. Their scouts must reallllly like O 'Reilly to have done that, or think he can make an impact fairly quickly with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad