GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft (HFSJ Edition) - Round 1: Fri, Jun 28 4pm PT/7pm ET | Rounds 2-7: Sat, Jun 29, 8:30am PT/11:30am ET

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Why not just shorten it to Viberector?

I'm not sure Grier takes Chernyshov...wouldn't be surprised if he took Elick at 33
Maybe I'm just high on him but he should have been taken by the Flyers or any team after the 16th. I see him as a better version of Sennecke.

Reactions: Sandisfan

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Maybe I'm just high on him but he should have been taken by the Flyers or any team after the 16th. I see him as a better version of Sennecke.
I think he would be great on Will Smith's wing....he may not be the most Grier-sy guy though. If Greentree was there, for example, I would be more confident that Grier takes him

Reactions: CaptainShark

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I think he would be great on Will Smith's wing....he may not be the most Grier-sy guy though. If Greentree was there, for example, I would be more confident that Grier takes him
I know little of Grier but a Power forward with high compete who is probably one of the best or the best danglers in the draft would be high on his list.

Reactions: Sandisfan

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Here are my preferences for 33:

Chernyshov, had him at 16 in my personal rankings, would be a great addition to complement Eklund or Smith. No other remaining forward comes close in my view, that’s why I wouldn’t be okay taking another forward.

If they go D for positional need, it goes like this for me: Elick, Badinka, Pulkkinen/Brunicke (high-upside, lot of risk would be ok for me after getting the safest D in SD).

Could live with Basha or Hutson as well and I like Ritchie more than most, also reading a lot of negative quotes from scouts have put a damper on that thought.

Unfortunately, I have to attend a birthday that starts half an hour after round two begins and have to get there…

Last edited:

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
I know little of Grier but a Power forward with high compete who is probably one of the best or the best danglers in the draft would be high on his list.
But also with holes in his defensive game + the Russian factor. The Sharks fired their Russia scout this year for being a lazy couch potato (ie not doing any actual scouting as expected), so I figure they will stay away from the Russian guys given the lack of intel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad