GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft (HFSJ Edition) - Round 1: Fri, Jun 28 4pm PT/7pm ET | Rounds 2-7: Sat, Jun 29, 8:30am PT/11:30am ET

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
OhNyquist on Youtube says Dickinson will fall to us at 11.

That would be in-sane.

If Buium goes at 3, then Seattle and Utah are the real wild cards in determining who drops to us, I think. We can presume they want D, but which ones? They could have quite the choice--and yet this draft is such a weird one that it's hard to know if the one that drops will be the best of the bunch.

(I have my doubts about Dickinson dropping, though--he seems just too appealing to the average NHL manager, just a "classic NHL defenseman," you can hear them thinking.)

Reactions: Sandisfan

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I mean for all my whining about Eiserman, if we draft him, then, well, we have to just hope the pros knew better and he turns out. There's nothing else to do but hope. Same for Solberg.

Yeah I’m ultimately going to be happy with most of the picks but you know, it’s always fun to be pleasantly surprised with a dramatic last minute move up to nab Buium…

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
I mean for all my whining about Eiserman, if we draft him, then, well, we have to just hope the pros knew better and he turns out. There's nothing else to do but hope. Same for Solberg.
I mean if he’s the American Ovie sweet or Cole Caufield off of wish I’m not gonna complain

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Yeah, with Eiserman, though I'll be disappointed simply in not picking a d-man, there's serious high-end ability that we can dream on. And that's exciting.

Sharkz4Fun

Feb 8, 2023
It would suck for Solberg, but we get to watch Celebrini, Smith, and Eklund + already for years to come so it's hard to get worked up about any of these other type of choices/moves :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: coooldude

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Tony Granato is on the NHL Network and has been really giving the love to us Sharks fans:

- Raving about Celebrini, basically saying how he watched him for three years and never once found a single thing to criticize in his game; and he called Sidney Crosby and was like, "I think I found a player just like you" after starting to watch Celebrini

- Saying how the Sharks are really moving with the rebuild and (relatively speaking) the good times aren't far away

- Also thinks Eiserman would be a good pick at 11 and wonders if he's basically had his game picked apart more than others have or more than his should have been, simply because he's been in the spotlight for longer

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Not gonna be able to make it to the Draft Party at the SAP center. Wife's car is having issues and she had to use mine for the day.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Cayden Lindstrom is a very likable young man. I wish him a long and fruitful career, so he'd better get drafted by a team in the East since it ain't gonna be the Sharks.

FYI for any other weirdos who get NHL Network, Macklin is coming up after the current commercial break.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad