GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft (HFSJ Edition) - Round 1: Fri, Jun 28 4pm PT/7pm ET | Rounds 2-7: Sat, Jun 29, 8:30am PT/11:30am ET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OversKy

Oct 12, 2023
I don't like the pick either but at least drafting tendies are a crap shoot. Perfect time to pick Kiviharju but this draft is already A+ as far as I'm concerned. I pretty much dreamt of the first three picks.

Reactions: Sandisfan

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
Hate to see Kiviharju go there... He could become one of the best defencemen of this class! Minnesota rocking the draft so far imo.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
So you want them to take Roberts?

Wouldn't be the worst thing at this point in the draft. He wasn't a game-breaker last season but he seems like he could be a reasonable 2-way guy who doesn't have a standout skill but can be fairly well-rounded. plus he had a solid Top Prospects game so he could be the type that plays up with better running mates.

He got caved in in terms of +/- last year but some of that was deployment and the fact that the Giants were incredibly inconsistent defensively. He has to tighten up his game a bit but I think the tools are there.

The other ranked Giant, Tyler Thorpe, would probably be a 7th round pick lottery ticket. 2 years ago I thought he had no pro future as big, lumbering checking forward but last season he showed some better skating and a good shot and was the team's leading goal-scorer until he suffered a nasty cut on his arm and missed most of the back half of the season. His pro future is probably as a crash-and-bang bottom 6 guy who can occasionally surprise the goalie with a quick wrister.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
At 143, my SNOD has Beau Jelsma. I still want him. Rare 20 year old draft eligible. Good junior career, and even played a few games at Wilkes-Barre Scranton in AHL. Would be a nice dart throw that you can immediately send to the Cuda.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'm hoping for Misa being on the board still at 143. He may be undersized but he's got energy and a two-way game. May not have Grier's size but definitely has what Grier has been looking for in attitude and skills.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad