GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft - Day 2, 11:30 AM ESPN+ (Rangers Select EJ Emery)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
On the other hand, a pick this year will develop that much sooner.

On one hand it’s instant gratification to get this years which is a weak draft and nobody has any targets, or take 25 picks where we could possibly get better picks. I’ll be patient and take next year

Reactions: bernmeister

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I'd take back Petry in a deal where we move Trouba. 1 year left and a decent contract plus Detroit isn't going to have Seider, Holl, Trouba, and Petry. Someone would have to switch sides.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
On one hand it’s instant gratification to get this years which is a weak draft and nobody has any targets, or take 25 picks where we could possibly get better picks. I’ll be patient and take next year
How much are we really improving our chances by waiting, though?

And then there's the other thing I mentioned earlier. If they are 2025 picks, Drury can trade them away for rentals. If they are 2024 picks, he has to use them today or trade them for someone who will be here at least a bit longer.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Yes all true. But they do make smart moves.

Rangers have many advantages as well, minus the tax one, but they more often than not make bone head moves.
They do make smart moves, I don't disagree. But they also make astoundingly dumb moves like the Tanner Jeannot trade.

They have a cap advantage. They have a HHOF core. That is what makes Tampa good. I think their trades have helped and been a net positive, but it isn't what makes them good.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I'd take back Petry in a deal where we move Trouba. 1 year left and a decent contract plus Detroit isn't going to have Seider, Holl, Trouba, and Petry. Someone would have to switch sides.
Isn't Petry contract over 6 million per? I am not paying Petry more than what we would pay Trouba if we kept him. Both stink to be honest.

Reactions: bernmeister

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Isn't Petry contract over 6 million per? I am not paying Petry more than what we would pay Trouba if we kept him. Both stink to be honest.
He's signed for 1 year with 2.3 on the deal since there was retained salary in a trade.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Tampa destroyed Utah in that deal. Moser is very underrated.

He's signed for 1 year with 2.3 on the deal since there was retained salary in a trade.
My bad I just looked it up and said he was making over 6 didn't realize salary was previously retained.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
How much are we really improving our chances by waiting, though?

And then there's the other thing I mentioned earlier. If they are 2025 picks, Drury can trade them away for rentals. If they are 2024 picks, he has to use them today or trade them for someone who will be here at least a bit longer.

Or instead of rentals, we could actually build!

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Hindsight, i know, but I cant believe we traded a 2nd round pick for Wennberg. What an awful player.
Please. Market value deadline deal. Good player, tough spot with a new baby and destination.

I would absolutely have him back at the right price.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad