GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
Tomorrow, Habs can still draft in the second-round if they package one of their young D + later picks.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
What are your thoughts on our picks? Especially with the trade up.
Demidov was the dream, we got blessed enough to get him at 5, game breaking talent, 90-100 pts potential. Hage was playing USHL and I didnt watch that league at all. But I love the story and Im gonna read on the kid and try to catch some shift by shift, Im intrigued.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
How do we know he wasn't gonna be there? It's 5 picks, and the Ducks B-Lined Solberg. Even so, is the difference between Hage and Vanacker a 2nd rounder?
But that's not how it works is it. They don't have the luxury to use hindsight. They wanted a guy. They moved up. Personnally, it reassures me. Hage at 26 is a gimme. But what if he is picked at 25? WE would have bashed the team for not picking him. And all that for what....a 57? This year?

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
I believe Kent when he says this was the best possible scenario. Pretty sure they tried to trade up to draft Demidov.

I'm not at all fussed about giving up a late 2nd for a better chance at a prospect they valued. We have too many young middling players as is.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
But that's not how it works is it. They don't have the luxury to use hindsight. They wanted a guy. They moved up. Personnally, it reassures me. Hage at 26 is a gimme. But what if he is picked at 25? WE would have bashed the team for not picking him. And all that for what....a 57? This year?
They couldn't know he was gonna be there at 21 either.

The point is the difference between 21 and 26 isn't a 50ish pick. It never is unless you know who'd falling.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Holy f*** Tony shut the f*** up you obnoxious narcissist
Demidov was the dream, we got blessed enough to get him at 5, game breaking talent, 90-100 pts potential. Hage was playing USHL and I didnt watch that league at all. But I love the story and Im gonna read on the kid and try to catch some shift by shift, Im intrigued.
I think we really needed a player with 2nd line upside with speed so I'm stoked about Hage. Obviously Demidov is the dream pick for all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad