GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
You heard what Gorton said about Russian players in general heading into the draft and lack of live viewings, etc, etc..

It shouldn't be the biggest surprise in the world if we pass on Demidov.

Now, we may not pass on him... but I'm just saying, it shouldn't be a huge surprise given everything if we do.

Nope, sorry. I understood the Reinbacher move even if I preferred Michkov, it atleast made sense from a team building exercise, but to take Buium a LD who is just a bigger version of Hutson, I won't get it. LD is literally the least of our worries.

If both Lindstrom and Demidov are gone, sure, maybe, but if not... No.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
You heard what Gorton said about Russian players in general heading into the draft and lack of live viewings, etc, etc..

It shouldn't be the biggest surprise in the world if we pass on Demidov.

Now, we may not pass on him... but I'm just saying, it shouldn't be a huge surprise given everything if we do.
Where hearing since last year draft that they love Demidov, I would be extremely surprise if they don’t take him if he’s available

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Where hearing since last year draft that they love Demidov, I would be extremely surprise if they don’t take him if he’s available

They could very well take Demidov, and he should be great in the NHL.

But maybe they now prefer Buium (or someone else) instead.

Will be interesting.

Nope, sorry. I understood the Reinbacher move even if I preferred Michkov, it atleast made sense from a team building exercise, but to take Buium a LD who is just a bigger version of Hutson, I won't get it. LD is literally the least of our worries.

If both Lindstrom and Demidov are gone, sure, maybe, but if not... No.

I'd argue we should have drafted Michkov (his stats even at the time were sublime) or even Leonard and drafted a D for sure this year (it was known at the time this year would be packed with good D men).

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
I'm gonna burn this f***ing thing to the ground if we pass on Demidov for f***ing Buium.

Just pretend it already happened, to lower the hurt from IF it does happen.

From my perspective, if we take either player, we should celebrate.

People say OHHH but we already have Hutson.... okay, but Buium + Hutson is gonna be even more deadly.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Defense wins championships.

If we pick Buium over Demidov is means the Habs view a potential #1 super offensive Dman > Flashy Russian winger.

Also, Buium has a fantastic character and seems like a great guy based on all interviews.
The American/NCAA factor is undeniable. And calling Demidov 'flashy' is strange when Buium is all flash!

I'd take Silayev, Levshunov, or Dickinson over Buium.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Just pretend it already happened, to lower the hurt from IF it does happen.

From my perspective, if we take either player, we should celebrate.

People say OHHH but we already have Hutson.... okay, but Buium + Hutson is gonna be even more deadly.

nah f*** Buium.

A LD at 5 over Demidov is criminal f***ing behaviour by this organization.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
If Demidov and Lindstrom are off the board, I'm not sure we shouldn't take Sennecke over a D. I really don't like "projects" but Sennecke doesn't seem like a project as much as he literally grew into his frame over his D-1 and got better month by month. Reports say he's smooth, has great passing range, learned to use his body, has the frame, etc. What're the knocks against him really?

If Demidov and Lindstrom are off the board it means one of Levshunov and Silayev will be available. Now that makes it tough. Good luck to HuGo.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
The American/NCAA factor is undeniable. And calling Demidov 'flashy' is strange when Buium is all flash!

I'd take Silayev, Levshunov, or Dickinson over Buium.

That's fair,

Personally I'd be weary on Silayev and Levshunov, not sure of the ceiling on both.

Dickinson I'd be happy if we drafted too.

Demidov/Dickinson/Buium either of these and I am happy.

Dickinson might be the biggest home run if his offense pans out really well. :eek3:

Demi Dov

No Matter What

#RussianMachineNeverBreaks

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
That's fair,

Personally I'd be weary on Silayev and Levshunov, not sure of the ceiling on both.

Dickinson I'd be happy if we drafted too.

Demidov/Dickinson/Buium either of these and I am happy.

Dickinson might be the biggest home run if his offense pans out really well. :eek3:

#RussianMachineNeverBreaks
I was highest on Dickinson but it seems he's ranked in a tier below. Go figure.

I think Silayev has faced the toughest competition and would be ranked even higher if he was allowed to participate in international events, etc. The low production shouldn't scare us off (like I got Slafkovsky's low production wrong) -- it's about his tools. He's not Erik Karlsson but there's untapped upside and his wingspan and size makes him a blackhole. No one wants to play a 7 round series against a team with Silayev playing 25min a night.

I haven't looked into Levshunov much because I figured he'd be gone before he got to us but it seems he's got everything and amazing character?

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
If Demidov and Lindstrom are off the board, I'm not sure we shouldn't take Sennecke over a D. I really don't like "projects" but Sennecke doesn't seem like a project as much as he literally grew into his frame over his D-1 and got better month by month. Reports say he's smooth, has great passing range, learned to use his body, has the frame, etc. What're the knocks against him really?

If Demidov and Lindstrom are off the board it means one of Levshunov and Silayev will be available. Now that makes it tough. Good luck to HuGo.

Sennecke might be that Getzlaf type who people regret not drafting much earlier, he's very intriguing. I think if his point production was higher it would make the decision a lot easier.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Inexcusable.

It would be a kick in the nuts to my fandom for this team that I love.

I can't get behind it. I won't get behind it.

Buium becoming a true 1D still won't get me behind it.

We've got enough on the back end. We need help up front, you can't pass on Michkov and Demidov two years in a row.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Sennecke might be that Getzlaf type who people regret not drafting much earlier, he's very intriguing. I think if his point production was higher it would make the decision a lot easier.
Sennecke's production was something like 2ppg in the second half of the OHL season. 22 in 16 in the playoffs. Good? I don't know. I lack context though -- how was his team (eg Catton's team was garbage outside of Catton, his production is even better in context and his playoffs more forgivable), how is the OHL as a whole this season, etc.

the Getzlaf comp is tantalising

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Sennecke's production was something like 2ppg in the second half of the OHL season. 22 in 16 in the playoffs. Good? I don't know. I lack context though -- how was his team (eg Catton's team was garbage outside of Catton, his production is even better in context and his playoffs more forgivable), how is the OHL as a whole this season, etc.

the Getzlaf comp is tantalising

Seeing what Sennecke can do and the plays he can make at his size is pretty damn impressive, and this has literally just begun due to his growth spurt.

It's not the sexy pick because it will require patience and a lot of trust that the player will reach his potential.

Could be a huge homerun though.

Not sure if I'd be too mad if we picked him either.

It would also help make us HYOOGE.

skidcells

May 11, 2023
I hope they’ve told Zeev and his family to de activate socials. This is going to get ugly.

I also tried to warn you all about this earlier and everyone was in denial. No way Basu wrote that specific article, pinned it without some insight/knowledge.

This place will get ugly so I am staying off it. Best of luck to everyone and dealing with your emotions. Remember, you don’t have to be cruel to a kid. It’s not his fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad