GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoochi Papa

Oct 17, 2020
I hate the Habs, true. But Sennecke was ridiculously effective in the playoffs and wouldn't be a bad pick for you guys.

And I think he matches the size+skill scouting philosophy that your front office has seemed to be pushing since they took over, at least with high picks.
Please don't try to talk these ideas into existence. Have some mercy.

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
I hate the Habs, true. But Sennecke was ridiculously effective in the playoffs and wouldn't be a bad pick for you guys.

And I think he matches the size+skill scouting philosophy that your front office has seemed to be pushing since they took over, at least with high picks.

Yeah I was just kidding. I’ve been vocal about not wanting him personally. I want all these players before him at 5 : Demidov, Lindstrom, Iginla, Catton, Buium, Dickinson, Parekh.

But that’s just me. I’m no professional scout, just a fan on the Internet. And this management team has done an amazing job at drafting so far.

But I ain’t gonna lie, if they pick him at 5 my first reaction is probably gonna be a negative one.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I come in blind for this draft. No idea about any of those players, except Dickinson.

I'll let the dominoes fall where they may and reserve the surprise for myself.

Reactions: dinodebino

habsjosh2k2

Sep 28, 2006
Pronman's final mock has us taking Buium. With Demidov dropping all the way to 9th! Says our decision will likely be between Buium and Demidov and if we see them as equal, the defenceman will win out

Scary similar to Arpon's article earlier in the week. The fact that Pronman has mocked demidov to us for over a month and last minute changes his mind does not bode well.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
If we can get Demidov at 5, I think they'd make an effort to move up for MBN. A big, forechecking beast with a heavy shot would balance things out nicely.

I'd also expect them to chase Luchanko, Boisvert or Surin (help ease Demidov in).
I think MBN is gonna go higher than the community scout class him. He’s the type of player hockey ops love

Reactions: Rapala

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Pronman's final mock has us taking Buium. With Demidov dropping all the way to 9th! Says our decision will likely be between Buium and Demidov and if we see them as equal, the defenceman will win out

Scary similar to Arpon's article earlier in the week. The fact that Pronman has mocked demidov to us for over a month and last minute changes his mind does not bode well.

Woohoo!!!!!!

Let's hope this happpens.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site

Nice knowing you guys...

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Taking LD Buium will certainly be a choice. Arguably the most frustrating one they could make given their options but a choice all the same. Go Habs Go and all that. We can just tank for a few more years, no big deal. Sell Suzuki and Caufield while we're at it to tank better.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Taking LD Buium will certainly be a choice. Arguably the most frustrating one they could make given their options but a choice all the same. Go Habs Go and all that. We can just tank for a few more years, no big deal. Sell Suzuki and Caufield while we're at it to tank better.

I like Buium but if they take a LD over Demidov, I will have not have the capacity to understand it.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016

Nice knowing you guys...

You heard what Gorton said about Russian players in general heading into the draft and lack of live viewings, etc, etc..

It shouldn't be the biggest surprise in the world if we pass on Demidov.

Now, we may not pass on him... but I'm just saying, it shouldn't be a huge surprise given everything if we do.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
I really want Demidov, not as much as Michkov but I am pretty sure he will not be there at 5. I am 100% ok with taking a dman only if they get a player like Dach and Newhook to boost our offense later in the draft. I believe in BPA and who they think will be the best player down the road but we need to add a future top 6 to that team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad