GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
75% of this board prayed last draft when Michkov didnt go at 2-3-4 and everyone was hyped and then we know what happened.

Even if Demidov is available at 5 , I wouldnt be surprised we skip him with Lapointe and Bobrov
In the same draft we selected Konyushkov and Volokhin….pretty sure it was the player and not the birth certificate

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
I want Zeev Buium.

IQ is off the charts.

His offensive ability, creativity and execution is a sure-fire bet to translate so well to the NHL.

We will regret not picking Buium if we pass on him, IMO.

You guys remember how P.K changed our team when he stepped in? Buium is better all around.

Move up and/or draft a Forward with #26.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I want Zeev Buium.

IQ is off the charts.

His offensive ability, creativity and execution is a sure-fire bet to translate so well to the NHL.

You guys remember how P.K changed our team when he stepped in? Buium is better all around.

"Settling" for a player like Buium is a pretty good problem to have.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
In the same draft we selected Konyushkov and Volokhin….pretty sure it was the player and not the birth certificate
Hell of a bust name

I'm not arguing one way or another but that statement is actually very false. You can easily tell who's more pure and who's a POS. Take Connelly for example.
Ok? Based on what you know that this kid is gonna be immature for the rest of his life?

• Haha
Reactions: Habs

Habs

Always cheerful, happy and pleasant.
Feb 28, 2002
I want Zeev Buium.

IQ is off the charts.

I'd be happy with him as well.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Are you forgetting that we also gave up a 1st rounder for him as well?

Christian Dvorak is one of the most vanilla players I’ve ever watched with the CH. He’s just….there.
I did not forget. I just sad to lose a early second round pick + late first round pick for a vanilla third line center. Hopefully, he play at 120% for his next contract and we can trade him for a third round pick in this year Trade deadline.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Less than 48 hours before one of Demidov, Lindstrom, Silayev, Dickinson, Sennecke, Iginla, Catton, Buium, Helenius or Parekh is a Habs.

LET'S GO!
No chance of Catton, Helenius or Parekh. I wouldn’t bet too much on Dickinson either, or Silayev.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I want Zeev Buium.

IQ is off the charts.

Buium looks great. And maybe he’ll become the superstar that some predict.

But we’ve got a guy in the same mold already and he’s close to NHL ready.

Again, we need a forward and I hope we draft one.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Ok what your pick at 26th. Am I leading a Luchanko bandwagon. Not sure if he can be a target anymore after this combine.

and God bless Hage's sudden fall for absolutly no reason!

Bourdon101

Jul 21, 2012
Well Tony just said the word is teams are trying to trade up to 2 for Demidov but Chicago said no. Doubt he's there at 5.

This could very well be the Habs, and the Hawks say no because their guy is Levshunov. If Demidov goes 2, Levshunov won't be there at 5. He probably doesn't get past Anaheim.

I could see a trade down from 3 to 5 though if Levshunov is gone. The cost shouldn't be too steep either.

Bourdon101

Jul 21, 2012
Ok what your pick at 26th. Am I leading a Luchanko bandwagon. Not sure if he can be a target anymore after this combine.

and God bless Hage's sudden fall for absolutly no reason!

Boisvert would be perfect. Ptit gars de chez nous with some bona-fide brasse-camarade potential. Steve Begin with a scoring streak.

Reactions: dralaf

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Buium looks great. And maybe he’ll become the superstar that some predict.

But we’ve got a guy in the same mold already and he’s close to NHL ready.

Again, we need a forward and I hope we draft one.
Who? Hutson? They’re not really similar at all.

Chicago or Anaheim are gonna screw everything up by taking Demidov and/or Lindstrom and forcing us to pick a D or Sennecke, once again getting a decently good prospect but no superstar potential
Buium is superstar potential.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
I want Zeev Buium.

IQ is off the charts.

Buium is creative and smart, sure. But I've watched him a lot in the NCAA this year trying to gauge his play and checking-in on other BC rookies like Perreault, Smith, and Leonard, as well as Cutter Gauthier.

From those games I watched, it clearly became apparent to me that Buium has an identifiable and exploitable pattern out there when deking from the blueline. It's almost always the same move he makes, or slight variations to it.

Every time Buium gets possession of the puck trying to challenge defenders 1-on-1 he moves his body and positions his stick and puck so as to confront the oncoming forechecker near the center of the ice, then he moves the puck backwards a bit trying to bait hesitation by the forechecker, then he moves the disk to his right to try and shield it from checking, and then tries to outskate his opponent while bracing for impact and maintaining possession, looking to either keep possession and round-out the net before dishing the puck, or using quick backhand passes to send it to teammates.

Having a go-to move is par for the course for every player, true. But Buium's overreliance on it may make his long-term transition to the NHL tougher offensively than some project when he eventually makes it to the NHL and opposing players get some more reps against him and "figure him out" if you will.

While not a true one-trick pony with the puck on his stick while he walks the blueline (which would be more true of a guy like Will Butcher), Buium'll still need to diversify his approach to trying to extend possessions from the blueline in the future.

He is certainly no Erik Karlsson manning the point, able to beat you any number of ways inside and out, with elite-level feints/quick reads. That's for damn sure.

Now, does that make Buium a bad defenseman? Absolutely not.

Buium's borderline elite in transition, smart, quite polished defensively, incredibly good at establishing and maintaining puck possession, and he has a very nice and projectable pro skillset to boot.

So yeah, I really love Buium's play, and have him as the third-best defenseman in this draft after Dickinson and Levshunov, but I genuinely think he benefited quite a bit from playing for a very high-scoring team this year in BC and that his pure offensive tools and PP QB abilities aren't as good as some public scouting sources portray.

If we don't draft him and he's still available I don't think we will have missed on a Quinn Hughes/Adam Fox/Cale Makar type though Buium's potential is obviously very high still.

As for the draft, I'd like us to draft Demidov, but if we end up with any of Dickinson, Levshunov, Buium, Silayev, Iginla, Catton, Lindstrom or Sennecke I won't be mad.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Michkov is the better player.

I said taking everything into account. Demidov is a better playmaker imo. He's bigger. He's way better defensively cause michkov is terrible in his own end. He apparently has attitude issues whereas demidov seems like a really good person to be around. When you take all that into account, I prefer demidov

Reactions: WeThreeKings
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad