2024 NHL Draft: WE DID IT, CELEBRINI IS OURS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Trading up is never cheap but at 14 they are very close to Carter Yakemchuk who is big, scored 30g in the WHL and is very physical. Not supposed to go top 10 but the upside is huge.
The real trade-up prize for me would be Buium if he were available at like 7-8. But I would be willing to trade up a couple of spots for Yakemchuk. Maybe not 33, but 14+42 for 12 seems reasonable.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
The real trade-up prize for me would be Buium if he were available at like 7-8. But I would be willing to trade up a couple of spots for Yakemchuk. Maybe not 33, but 14+42 for 12 seems reasonable.

Let's say Buium was gone, but still have a trade up offer on the table (14+42 to move up a few spots) and Zayne Parekh is available. You like him? Curious what you think of his game. Aside from his game, Parekh would be a very marketable Bay Area star athlete, being half-Indian, half-South Korean, not that anyone here cares about that though.

Reactions: karltonian

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
I see the MacKinnon comp thrown out there and, again, VERY limited viewings, but I don't see it

He's got a nice speed burst he uses for a deceptive change of direction to create space but he isn't really a burner out there either

I see him in the Toews/Hischier archetype more than anything, legitimately potent offensively with high end skill, but with much more of a focus on puck control and defense first

HF Sharks is now arguing over who is the cuter prospect between Macklin Celebrini and Will Smith

We are so f***ing back

P.S. Mack is still 17 years old, maybe chill for a bit
Toews is a decent comp for sure. He also had an incredible career so we would once again be lucky to see that.

That said, the reason I say MacKinnon (maybe I should say Mack Lite) is because 1) Toews is 6'2" and moved a little more fluidly, where Celebrini is a bit more compact (6'0" 190lb) and explosive, and he moves a bit more like MacKinnon in the offensive zone. Toews had length, puck possession, and the shot Celebrini is looking to play off his teammates and creates from motion, not just puck possession. But it doesn't matter, we're comping him to cup-winning 1C's.

I don't know enough about Hischier to say but I'm really excited about Macklin.

I gotta get off of here, but I'm gonna leave with this gem
1715132046669.png

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Let's say Buium was gone, but still have a trade up offer on the table (14+42 to move up a few spots) and Zayne Parekh is available. You like him? Curious what you think of his game. Aside from his game, Parekh would be a very marketable Bay Area star athlete, being half-Indian, half-South Korean, not that anyone here cares about that though.
I like Parekh, but not enough to move up to 7-8 for him. He’s in the same boat as Yakemchuk for me where I definitely like the player and would be thrilled to get them at 14, but probably wouldn’t give up 33 to trade up. 42, sure. He definitely represents a need for us.

It’s less relevant now that we don’t have to stress about this decision, but for me the D goes Levshunov/Buium almost tied, then Dickinson, then Silayev/Parekh/Yakemchuk in some order. Levshunov will go top-5 for sure so I won’t even consider the possibility, but I think Buium is undervalued by scouts, and therein lies the appeal of trying to trade up for him.

Skeksis25

Feb 17, 2023
North Brunswick, NJ

Don't really care, but being Indian myself, its cool(and quite weird) to see and root for guys with some Indian ancestry. Did it with Manny Malhotra and if Parekh falls to us at 14, I'll be excited to do it again.

• Love
Reactions: ChompChomp

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Toews is a decent comp for sure. He also had an incredible career so we would once again be lucky to see that.

That said, the reason I say MacKinnon (maybe I should say Mack Lite) is because 1) Toews is 6'2" and moved a little more fluidly, where Celebrini is a bit more compact (6'0" 190lb) and explosive, and he moves a bit more like MacKinnon in the offensive zone. Toews had length, puck possession, and the shot Celebrini is looking to play off his teammates and creates from motion, not just puck possession. But it doesn't matter, we're comping him to cup-winning 1C's.

I don't know enough about Hischier to say but I'm really excited about Macklin.

I gotta get off of here, but I'm gonna leave with this gem
View attachment 866798

Didn't that image have an "Anaheim" tag when it was shown on TV? Or did you crop it out? I thought it was hilarious that so many Sharks fans in Anaheim were cheering.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Didn't that image have an "Anaheim" tag when it was shown on TV? Or did you crop it out? I thought it was hilarious that so many Sharks fans in Anaheim were cheering.
Right after the lottery they had the wrong caption on screen, but later on they replayed the footage at fullscreen with no caption :)

Skeksis25

Feb 17, 2023
North Brunswick, NJ
If all the decent D-men are gone by 14, is Eiserman a possibility? I know people were down on him for being a one dimensional goal scorer, but now with hopefully a 1C and 2C of the future in the org, maybe a pure goal scorer could be a good thing to slot in there.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
If all the decent D-men are gone by 14, is Eiserman a possibility? I know people were down on him for being a one dimensional goal scorer, but now with hopefully a 1C and 2C of the future in the org, maybe a pure goal scorer could be a good thing to slot in there.
Some folks think Eiserman goes at 9 to NJD. However, if they or anyone else springs for Sennecke, then Eiserman could be there and it's a tough call between him going to BU and trying to learn how to be a more complete player, or an already complete player like MBN without the elite shot. Or Chernyshov who may be an excellent pickup as well.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I don’t care for Eiserman myself and would prefer a number of players over him (Sennecke and Brandsegg-Nygard being the most likely to be there). It’s not nothing that he’s BFFs with Macklin though.

Reactions: Sleestak Nation

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Congrats Sharks fans.

Selfishly wanted that card to show the Hawks logo instead, but admittedly it's nice to see a fanbase that has suffered worse than us this year get rewarded. And for Celebrini's dad to work so close to where he'll play has to be special for the family.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

Coming away with Celebrini and Sennecke would be pretty ideal, if the D don’t fall.

Eklund-Celebrini-Sennecke
Musty-Smith-Zetterlund
Bystedt-Edstrom-Halttunen

Don’t ask me about the defense.

Build the offense, if we play in there end for 60 minutes we don't need defense.

• Love
Reactions: Sandisfan

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Build the offense, if we play in there end for 60 minutes we don't need defense.
It’s not even a problem, Mukhamadullin will just become a star #1D. Problem solved. :naughty:

Granlund - Muhk as our first d-pairing, it’s fine.
Maybe Seto can come out of retirement and become the top pairing defenseman he was always meant to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Le Havre vs Marseille
    Le Havre vs Marseille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $55.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Lens vs Montpellier
    Lens vs Montpellier