No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
I just hope we don't trade a top 10 pick for an older goalie

Saros is 29
Ullmark is about to turn 31
Markstrom is older than dirt....

We are at least two years away from Luke and Nemec becoming the type of players that you can win championships with . Those goaltenders could be dust in two years. I want that pick
I don’t even necessarily agree about Luke and nemec, but trading 10 for a single year of goaltending is just bad asset management.

That’s not what goalies go for.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Well, remember whoever we pick isn't a sure thing either.
I agree and there is something to be said about the bird in hand...but I just don't trust goaltenders. Even the best can go from pinnacle to pedestrian overnight.

Look at Vasilevskiy, save percentage-wise he was barely better than Blackwood this season.... imagine having given up the farm for .900 goaltending? Geez.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I don’t even necessarily agree about Luke and nemec, but trading 10 for a single year of goaltending is just bad asset management.

That’s not what goalies go for.

I think there are times that you throw asset management out the window....if your team is close, you strike when the iron is hot....there are times that are appropriate to throw caution to the wind and go for it at all cost. We aren't anywhere near that

Reactions: MasterofGrond

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
I think there are times that you throw asset management out the window....if your team is close, you strike when the iron is hot....there are time that are appropriate to throw caution to the wind and go for it at all cost. We aren't anywhere near that
See, I disagree. I think there are times to spend assets, go full golden knights. But I think you should still get value for the assets. Otherwise you end up trading an entire draft for tanner jeannot.

ZYXWVUT

Feb 26, 2024
without knowing a ton about most of these prospects aside from some of the OHLers/American players, I like the sound of the Helenius kid. But seems like a coin flip at best as far as him lasting to 10, and that’s assuming nobody from behind jumps up in the lottery. The Buium kid seems solid too. Given it seems Dickinson has zero chance of being there. Ditto for Silayev & Catton. Not a huge Parekh fan. Eiserman is a no for me too. But again, who knows if they make the puck. I sure as shit wouldn’t be moving a top 10 pick unless it’s for a worthwhile skater. Considering there aren’t any goalies available who I would do it for.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Knowing nothing about this class, as long as it's not a tools-y project pick like Holtz or Zacha, I'm good.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Can’t get pumped for this draft because I think they’ll move it for a goalie. But if they do make the pick, go best available C, LD, or LW. Preferably C.
It's incredibly unlikely a very competent GM like Tom Fitzgerald trades a top 10 pick in a strong draft class in a panic move.

I just hope we don't trade a top 10 pick for an older goalie

Saros is 29
Ullmark is about to turn 31
Markstrom is older than dirt....

We are at least two years away from Luke and Nemec becoming the type of players that you can win championships with . Those goaltenders could be dust in two years. I want that pick
It's incredibly unlikely a very competent GM like Tom Fitzgerald trades a top 10 pick in a strong draft class in a panic move.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Who would you take if the Devils pick 2nd? I'm not sure what I would do.
Cayden Lindstrom.

It bears noting that Demidov is the better prospect. He's the most offensively skilled player in the 2024 class including Celebrini. But you're also going to have to wait several seasons for Demidov to come to North America, and Lindstrom represents the type of interior/power forward the Devils would most benefit from while also increasing the overall speed and skill of the forward group. The fact Lindstrom can play both center and wing increases his versatility and value. You could deploy him as like Detroit did Keith Primeau in the 90s -- as a power 3C behind Yzerman/Fedorov when they were rolling lines early in games, but as a top 6 wing when you needed a goal late in periods or games.

I love Demidov, but I think I would go Lindstom at #2 overall.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Today I will try to talk about Brandsegg-Nygard and his potential as NHL center.

I know Devils fans want to draft center over any position for obvious reasons so I would recommend to watch "scouting report" video of Greentree. Its short and very representative from perspective of understanding how wingers are playing, driving and acting on the ice. Greentree is making it like a pure winger.

After that Im asking you to watch this shift by shift of Nygard

Its his february game, all of his shifts on the ice

And lets see how Nygard(white jersey #28) is playing CENTER in the time when he is starting on the right wing technically

0-25
Look at how he is covering the zone/ open ice. He isnt the guy who is just forechecking opponent from the side - he is covering opponents passing, move his body and controlling the move of opponents to block the zone, working on covering the space. After covering he immediately demonstrates his high iq and fast decision making - fast pass, going into the open space to the high slot and shot.

0-40 before and after
He is coming back and covering center zone of defense. Look at how he is immediately moving to the center in the time where his partners are moving to the wings. He is playing deep in the D zone, working on the boards.

0-52
He is working on the boards but he is NUMBER 1 in forecheck. And right after he is skating to cover the center

1-28
He failed but tried to drive the net through center - starting from the beggining, he didnt try to go through the boards - like Greentree is doing it. We can remember how Bratt is doing it - he is using puck protection and is trying to separate himself with speed step through the boards. Nygard is doing it into the high slot and making fast passes. More like Nico. If we are using examples of Devils players.

1-45.
Look at this face off. He is standing as a wing on face-off but right after that he is moving to center and positioning himself in the high slot, his partners are going to the perimeter. He is making the takeaway, he is making play and taking rebound

2-10
He is blocking his opponent - not just forechecking with physical pressure, but blocking the space, making pressure - as result his team is taking the puck back

2-22
Again he is moving to covering the space, zone is blocked by him and the puck goes to his team

2-45
Again failed driving net, but still smart move to trying to cut the space when a lot of opponents trying to attack him. Its a driving of the zone. Typical winger would prefer to skate into the left corner. Even if its failed, but its very smart and fast decision - moving into the left corner would turned into the puck battle with two or more opponents, in the same time he is trying to catch opponents on the move and moving to the open space.

2-58
Again - covering center of the ice

3-18.
In the forecheck he is covering and blocking center, not the wings on boards

3-35
Cycling. Its a canon. He insures hos partner from the center, after the draw he is covering the zone, moving his body by screening opponents and changing position taking into account moves of his partners on the boards

4-28
Again - he is moving to the center and his partners are going to the wings right after the face off

4-42
He is number one who is stopping the escaping of opponents from the D zone
(4-56 - You can see how wingers are actually playing. When winger is driving he is doing it through the boards, in this case he is stopping he decided to not drive deep into the zone and stop the move, turned around closer to the blue line, while giving his partners time to enter the zone - often teams are starting to cycling the puck after on the perimeter. Nygard often driving the net and making the bets higher - for a player with good control it helps to baits opponents and free partners and their space)

That was a first period

Second period

5-21
He is trying to catch the puck. Not so representative - different players could do this

5-27
More representative - forecheching in O zone, he is working from center, his partners are pushing from the wings

5-44
Just a fun moment, Nygard just taking the right position to blocking the space and opponents are losing the puck just because player dont have any reasonable options for move

6-00 before and after
When escaping the zone, he is doing what we can see often from Jack - he driving the zone through center and is waiting the puck for the rush or for the drive.

6-36
He is number one who is blocking the escaping of opponents from D zone

6-50
Failed playmaking moment. May be its not so obvious, but he is playing as a main part of triangle. Players are positioning "around him".

7-28.
Playing behind the net. Not very representative - wingers could do the same.

8-00
In PP he is playing often on defensive line as Jack is doing. Because he is who is center piece of the playmaking.

8-14
Great defensive work to blocking attack

8-48
Pressure, prevent escaping, number one on the pressure

9-07
Great individual work, catching the runner. Great play from potential great two way player. Absorb some damage too as a tank.

9-30
Now we can see he is versatile enough to drive the zone through passing, after that he is insuring hos partners, actual play going through him, again moving the D position to making the draw.

9-49
Nice individual play - again covering and saving the puck

10-29 before and after
This is what Nico often doing - he isnt working "personally", he is covering long zone, changing the position, blocking the draw

10-41
Nice fast decision - he understand how he is moving, where is pressure coming from, how to act - and he changed position immediately.

11-15
Fun moment. He understand what it is going on, he sees three opponents, how they are going t the boards, he is coming to position and going out from the board and waiting to take the puck away from them. Right after he is pressuring against escaping and closing the space - it makes harder to pass for opponent and puck is going to Nygards partners.

The end of the second

3rd period

12-30
Nygard is number one who make the pressure against escaping from D zone

12-50
Great individual play - he could left his player but he didnt and played to the end

14-40
Cycling
There we can look at orientation of him and his partners, how he and his partners are structure their game, who is the center piece and who is coordinator.
Nygard is covering, making plays, staying in the pace, and finally find open ice for himself. To bad his partners didnt.

There moment where I can repeat myself. You should better understand what is going on on the ice and how Nygard acts in different situations.

17-40
Very smart move of competent player - draw, changing position, blocking of opponent. Little but very intelligent move - he outsmarts situation. And 17-48 show how fast he backchecks.

18-04 and after
Its just a beautiful. He is doing everything he could - it is similar what we are seeing from Jack on the ice - take away rebound, driving, controlling the puck, positional work on the move against opponents, playmaking with taking the high slot right after the pass, when he sees the whole on perimeter he is going to the perimeter to save the structure

_________

And its especially fun detail that in situations where he was on the wing - his partners mostly couldnt create solid offense and lost the puck often. And in situations where Nygard shifted to the center - their line immediately create dangerous situations on the ice.

_________

Overall Nygard has real potential of NHL center. It is visible. He is already doing it on the ice. Its just be the decision to put him in this role and train face offs. BTW his faceoffs stat is small sample size but solid.

And I hope our scouts are competent enough to see it. Nygard carries out the duties of the center, he is making plays, covering center ice, blocking zones, forechecking against escaping transition, driving net and finding open space for himself and creating space for his partners. With his combo of skating, shooting, size, puckbattling, great iq and positional play, his defensive reads and compete level overall his ceiling is very intriguing. And I hope our organisation will do their homework. Because Nygard is a perfect player for our organisation - as potential 3rd line center, as potential complimentary center for Nico or Jack, as potential replacement for injured Nico or Jack, as potential great two way scorer with great compete level who is making accurate plays and always making situation better and more dangerous.

Last edited:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Today I will try to talk about Brandsegg-Nygard and his potential as NHL center.

I know Devils fans want to draft center over any position for obvious reasons so I would recommend to watch "scouting report" video of Greentree. Its short and very representative from perspective of understanding how wingers are playing, driving and acting on the ice. Greentree is making it like a pure winger.

After that Im asking you to watch this shift by shift of Nygard

Its his february game, all of his shifts on the ice

And lets see how Nygard(white jersey #28) is playing CENTER in the time when he is starting on the right wing technically

0-25
Look at how he is covering the zone/ open ice. He isnt the guy who is just forechecking opponent from the side - he is covering opponents passing, move his body and controlling the move of opponents to block the zone, working on covering the space. After covering he immediately demonstrates his high iq and fast decision making - fast pass, going into the open space to the high slot and shot.

0-40 before and after
He is coming back and covering center zone of defense. Look at how he is immediately moving to the center in the time where his partners are moving to the wings. He is playing deep in the D zone, working on the boards.

0-52
He is working on the boards but he is NUMBER 1 in forecheck. And right after he is skating to cover the center

1-28
He failed but tried to drive the net through center - starting from the beggining, he didnt try to go through the boards - like Greentree is doing it. We can remember how Bratt is doing it - he is using puck protection and is trying to separate himself with speed step through the boards. Nygard is doing it into the high slot and making fast passes. More like Nico. If we are using examples of Devils players.

1-45.
Look at this face off. He is standing as a wing on face-off but right after that he is moving to center and positioning himself in the high slot, his partners are going to the perimeter. He is making the takeaway, he is making play and taking rebound

2-10
He is blocking his opponent - not just forechecking with physical pressure, but blocking the space, making pressure - as result his team is taking the puck back

2-22
Again he is moving to covering the space, zone is blocked by him and the puck goes to his team

2-45
Again failed driving net, but still smart move to trying to cut the space when a lot of opponents trying to attack him. Its a driving of the zone. Typical winger would prefer to skate into the left corner. Even if its failed, but its very smart and fast decision - moving into the left corner would turned into the puck battle with two or more opponents, in the same time he is trying to catch opponents on the move and moving to the open space.

2-58
Again - covering center of the ice

3-18.
In the forecheck he is covering and blocking center, not the wings on boards

3-35
Cycling. Its a canon. He insures hos partner from the center, after the draw he is covering the zone, moving his body by screening opponents and changing position taking into account moves of his partners on the boards

4-28
Again - he is moving to the center and his partners are going to the wings right after the face off

4-42
He is number one who is stopping the escaping of opponents from the D zone
(4-56 - You can see how wingers are actually playing. When winger is driving he is doing it through the boards, in this case he is stopping he decided to not drive deep into the zone and stop the move, turned around closer to the blue line, while giving his partners time to enter the zone - often teams are starting to cycling the puck after on the perimeter. Nygard often driving the net and making the bets higher - for a player with good control it helps to baits opponents and free partners and their space)

That was a first period

Second period

5-21
He is trying to catch the puck. Not so representative - different players could do this

5-27
More representative - forecheching in O zone, he is working from center, his partners are pushing from the wings

5-44
Just a fun moment, Nygard just taking the right position to blocking the space and opponents are losing the puck just because player dont have any reasonable options for move

6-00 before and after
When escaping the zone, he is doing what we can see often from Jack - he driving the zone through center and is waiting the puck for the rush or for the drive.

6-36
He is number one who is blocking the escaping of opponents from D zone

6-50
Failed playmaking moment. May be its not so obvious, but he is playing as a main part of triangle. Players are positioning "around him".

7-28.
Playing behind the net. Not very representative - wingers could do the same.

8-00
In PP he is playing often on defensive line as Jack is doing. Because he is who is center piece of the playmaking.

8-14
Great defensive work to blocking attack

8-48
Pressure, prevent escaping, number one on the pressure

9-07
Great individual work, catching the runner. Great play from potential great two way player. Absorb some damage too as a tank.

9-30
Now we can see he is versatile enough to drive the zone through passing, after that he is insuring hos partners, actual play going through him, again moving the D position to making the draw.

9-49
Nice individual play - again covering and saving the puck

10-29 before and after
This is what Nico often doing - he isnt working "personally", he is covering long zone, changing the position, blocking the draw

10-41
Nice fast decision - he understand how he is moving, where is pressure coming from, how to act - and he changed position immediately.

11-15
Fun moment. He understand what it is going on, he sees three opponents, how they are going t the boards, he is coming to position and going out from the board and waiting to take the puck away from them. Right after he is pressuring against escaping and closing the space - it makes harder to pass for opponent and puck is going to Nygards partners.

The end of the second

3rd period

12-30
Nygard is number one who make the pressure against escaping from D zone

12-50
Great individual play - he could left his player but he didnt and played to the end

14-40
Cycling
There we can look at orientation of him and his partners, how he and his partners are structure their game, who is the center piece and who is coordinator.
Nygard is covering, making plays, staying in the pace, and finally find open ice for himself. To bad his partners didnt.

There moment where I can repeat myself. You should better understand what is going on on the ice and how Nygard acts in different situations.

17-40
Very smart move of competent player - draw, changing position, blocking of opponent. Little but very intelligent move - he outsmarts situation. And 17-48 show how fast he backchecks.

18-04 and after
Its just a beautiful. He is doing everything he could - it is similar what we are seeing from Jack on the ice - take away rebound, driving, controlling the puck, positional work on the move against opponents, playmaking with taking the high slot right after the pass, when he sees the whole on perimeter he is going to the perimeter to save the structure

_________

And its especially fun detail that in situations where he was on the wing - his partners mostly couldnt create solid offense and lost the puck often. And in situations where Nygard shifted to the center - their line immediately create dangerous situations on the ice.

_________

Overall Nygard has real potential of NHL center. It is visible. He is already doing it on the ice. Its just be the decision to put him in this role and train face offs. BTW his faceoffs stat is small sample size but solid.

Thanks for putting this effort in. We all learn a lot from these breakdowns .

ZYXWVUT

Feb 26, 2024
You guys have me sold on MBN. If Dickinson or Buium are gone, he’s the player I want.
Helenius in there for me. These four of realistic. With every passing day I become more convinced Calgary is taking iginla assuming they don’t move up via the lottery. The stars seem to be aligning. He is def rising to that range to begin with without even considering the ties.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I'm not sweating Iginla being off the board at 10. There are so many good players we can still take. He just fits a need because of Holtz not quite living up to his potential yet. The thought of adding a high end winger or another defensman to the system is fine with me.

Imagine having a trio of Luke , Nemec & Buium and someone like Casey to round out the top 4. There's alot to like about Buium's game. Was watching an EliteProspects video on him , he can make some smooth passes/plays coming out of the D zone and is a strong skater. I don't think he really has any glaring weaknesses to his game.

Cayden Lindstrom is an intriguing one. Doesn't have gaudy numbers for his draft position but you can't teach size. If he puts it all together I would think he has Quinton Byfield like potential. We need a player like that in the top 6. If he wasn't 6 foot 3 would 210lbs at 18 years old would he be getting this much attention ?

Reactions: My3Sons

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I'm not sweating Iginla being off the board at 10. There are so many good players we can still take. He just fits a need because of Holtz not quite living up to his potential yet. The thought of adding a high end winger or another defensman to the system is fine with me.

Imagine having a trio of Luke , Nemec & Buium and someone like Casey to round out the top 4. There's alot to like about Buium's game. Was watching an EliteProspects video on him , he can make some smooth passes/plays coming out of the D zone and is a strong skater. I don't think he really has any glaring weaknesses to his game.

Cayden Lindstrom is an intriguing one. Doesn't have gaudy numbers for his draft position but you can't teach size. If he puts it all together I would think he has Quinton Byfield like potential. We need a player like that in the top 6. If he wasn't 6 foot 3 would 210lbs at 18 years old would he be getting this much attention ?
Iginla is good prospect to add, he is just isn't the best fit.
1) He isn't very good defensively - Chernyshov, Nygard and Helenius are better.
2) Chernyshov and Nygard are faster. Especially separation speed. Especially Chernyshov.
3) Iginla is better puckhandler than Nygard and Helenius(not so far), but Xhernyshov is better.
4) Chernyshov and Nygard is bigger, both are playing physical, their physical game is more translatable. Helenius is physical too. All four are good forecheckers, but from obvious reasons Nygard and Chernyshov have better potential here. Iginla is very active forechecker still.
5) Chernyshov, Nygard and Helenius are on the level or better skaters.
6) Iginla is very good passer, may be better than Nygard but again - all other three played on higher level. When Helenius or Chernyshov are playing juniors they are looking like great passers. Still think that Iginla little bit more creative as playmaker than Chernishov and Nygard.
7) At least Nygard and Helenius have better iq/decision making. Iginla is playing with his own, two other players are trying to use their partners more, don't hold the puck when they don't need too.
8) Iginla isn't center and on my taste doesn't have potential to be. He is losing the position sometimes, can block space of his partners.
9) Helenius and Nygard are more versatile drivers, Chernyshov has better tools for driving.
10) Nygard is better shooter. I think Chernyshov and Helenius are on the level with Iginla, may be little behind, but overall gap isn't big.
11) Iginla is very good puck protector. But the gap isn't big.

I still think Iginla is a very good prospect to add, just would prefer other three forwards.

Buium would be great to add. Its not even the question. Snartest player, goid enough physically, faster enough, manipulative, physical enough, great playmaker, overall great two way defenseman. Should work on his back skating and some aspects of defensive game, but its not like there are any D who doesn't need to work on some defensive aspects if the fame. Levshunov creating turnovers and playing often by his own, Silayev should work on puck control under pressure in D zone, Dickinson is losing his partners and position sometimes, Parekh isn't defenseman, Yakemchuk is losing position regularly in all three zones,.. Frej... Frej is good but should work on body positioning before puck battles.

Lindstrom is top 3 pick. May be top 4, but the chance is minimal. He isn't Byfield, he is playing different game. He is more interior forward, playing much more physical game, fighting in the tranches, behind and around the net, rare good redirector and tipper the puck. Byfield is better playmaker and build a lot from the rush, he us much better skater. Lindstrom still a very good skater. He has a lot of attention because he still is a very good skater, great shooter, dynamic, manipulative, very physical with one of the best interior game from young player for a long time. If he wouldn't be big he would be different player and he is big. Its an advantage in puck battles he is building for. We heard a lot of the same "critique " of Slafkovsky would he be top 1 if not his size. His size still is his size and overall Slafkovsky is still deserve to be top 1-3. Again different players - Slafkovsky is smarter, better playmaker, Lindstrom is better shooter and much more aggressive in different aspects. But again - top 2/4 pick.

(Sometimes I'm worry about how im betting against Iginla, he is young, made huge step forward, very flashy and annoying, but still I like other players more, its not a problem of Iginla)

Last edited:

ZYXWVUT

Feb 26, 2024
Let's say the Devils stay at 10 & the top 9 goes something like this:

Celebrini
Demidov
Levshunov
Lindstrom
Catton
Silayev
Parekh
Dickinson
Iginla

Who do you take, Helenius or Buium?

Reactions: My3Sons

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I gotta be honest I think I'd go with Bransegg-Nygard even though I LOVE Helenius. Buium is a hell of a prospect but I find myself less interested in BPA than ever with the unique position the Devils find themselves in (locked up and loaded young core that needs a shot in the arm sooner rather than later).

I don't know that anyone in the organization has much of an interest in Luke, Nemec, Casey, and another teenage defenseman all trying to find themselves while the team has contender-dreams, especially after this past season. Helenius and Nygard could both be cheap bottom-6 depth as early as next season.

ZYXWVUT

Feb 26, 2024
When Bob McKenzie's final rankings come out, that will probably give a much better idea of the range that guys could potentially go off the board. And early on, it could give an even more accurate outlook of the exact number guys might go, at least within a spot or two.

Reactions: Guttersniped

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
That's tough. I've been a huge Buium head for a while now. He's so good. But the team really does need something up front.

Think a lot of what I would hypothetically do depends on how the team sees the Casey situation shaking out. If you think he's going to get traded for a goalie or a forward (or signability concerns), you take Buium. If the team is committed to keeping him to work his way up behind Dougie and Nemec, I might bite the bullet and take Helenius (who I also love).

Don't think it'll be an issue, though.

Last edited:

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY

Celebrini
Demidov
Levshunov
Lindstrom
Catton
Silayev
Parekh
Dickinson
Iginla

My draft board in this case would be:

1) Buium
2) Brantsegg-Nygard
3 Helenius
4) Chernyshov

To be honest, I'd be happy with any of those four. But Buium is the smartest D in the draft, the second most offensively skilled D after only Parekh, is better than most think defensively and has a great compete level.

Buium has top-pairing upside and probably the highest floor of any D in the class outside of Dickinson. But Buium's ceiling is higher than Dickinson's. Really tough to pass that up at #10 overall.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Celebrini
Demidov
Levshunov
Lindstrom
Catton
Silayev
Parekh
Dickinson
Iginla

I blame the NFL Draft for me having an overactive imagination, but I'd gauge the trade market. Depending on how the lottery balls bounce, I could see San Jose wanting to trade up. If they end up with a forward with their own first, San Jose might love to trade up for Buium/Yakemchuk rather than stay put and take an Adam Jiricek? If they end up with a D with their first pick, San Jose has lots of BU/Boston ties with Cole Eiserman.

In 2019, Philly traded #11 for #14 and #45. So maybe something similar would be #10 for #14 and #42 (our own 2nd back). In this scenario, maybe Michael Brandsegg-Nygard would be a target at #14? Maybe could use #42 as an asset to procure a goalie?

When Bob McKenzie's final rankings come out, that will probably give a much better idea of the range that guys could potentially go off the board. And early on, it could give an even more accurate outlook of the exact number guys might go, at least within a spot or two.

Unless he's in hibernation, Bob will have a lottery ranking. Last year's was a top 12 which was mostly similar to his final ranking/survey.

Bedard 1st (lottery) - 1st (final)
Fantilli 2nd - 2nd
Carlsson 4th - 3rd
Smith 3rd - 4th
Michkov 5th - 5th
Leonard 7th - 6th
Dvorsky 6th - 7th
Reinbacher 10th - 8th
Benson 8th - 9th
Perreault 9th - 10th
Wood 12th - 11th
Barlow 11th - 12th

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
I gotta be honest I think I'd go with Bransegg-Nygard even though I LOVE Helenius. Buium is a hell of a prospect but I find myself less interested in BPA than ever with the unique position the Devils find themselves in (locked up and loaded young core that needs a shot in the arm sooner rather than later).

I don't know that anyone in the organization has much of an interest in Luke, Nemec, Casey, and another teenage defenseman all trying to find themselves while the team has contender-dreams, especially after this past season. Helenius and Nygard could both be cheap bottom-6 depth as early as next season.
Florida used #12 overall on a higher ceiling lower floor guy in Anton Lundell and I'd say its paid off for them very nicely.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Florida used #12 overall on a higher ceiling lower floor guy in Anton Lundell and I'd say its paid off for them very nicely.
Lundell was higher floor lower ceiling guy because of his lack of good skating but very good compete level and positional iq. If you want to compare players with Lundell, its Nygard and Helenius who are better comparison. Both are better and faster skaters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad