HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Doubt.jpg

1000005077.jpg

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Young players tend to look lost because they're way too cautious and scared to make a costly mistake. I remember when Slaf would only support his teammates along the boards because he was afraid of making the wrong play and his teammates not being able to defer to him. At the end of the year he passed the puck, and went to the net.

My theory is that fans are traumatized by Josh Anderson and Jesse Puljujarvi. Big = Dumb.

Sounds like the Ducks know there’s a team below them that is down bad for Sennecka.
Might be CBJ.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Did you see that in Aho when he was 17? The guy got drafter in the second round. I guess it was not obvious. Always funny to see compirisons between adolescents and grown players.

Goldenhands has compared him to Aho I believe (sorry if I'm misremembering that), but I don't really see that kind of upside with him. Stylistically it fits, but Aho has a better nose for the net and better finishing touch.

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
I heard about Anton Silayev and Cayden Lindstrom early on, but with time and the information I've gathered on the Ducks, I'm not convinced they'll take either one. Pat Verbeek has a type of player, and these two guys would suit him. The same goes for Sam Dickinson.

But the name that was given to me twice in the last hours regarding Anaheim is that of Beckett Sennecke. I think Sennecke is well positioned to be selected early and I think the Ducks are definitely considering that possibility. That would shake things up. » -Scott Wheeler
Senneke would fit in perfectly with the Ducks.

A non high traffic zone, dirty dangles, not willing to get greasy for a victory type of player. :)

We would benefit greatly if this happened.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I remember when KK being one of the youngest players of the draft was a massive factor to consider when debating between him and Tkachuk who was the oldest. Good times.

I also remember full of people in this thread are not high on offensive potential of Brady Tkachuk. They are high on Filip Zadina.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I remember when KK being one of the youngest players of the draft was a massive factor to consider when debating between him and Tkachuk who was the oldest. Good times.
For the record though, no one wanted Tkachuk at the time for a myriad of reasons. You'd be hard pressed to find a poster who was actually all about taking him.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I also remember full of people in this thread are not high on offensive potential of Brady Tkachuk. They are high on Filip Zadina.
A lot of importance is given to offensive production (with good reason)

As much importance should be given to tools and the overall profile of the player.

In hindsight, Tkachuk was such a no brainer pick.

So, Silayev at 5 if he is there ;- )

• Haha
Reactions: KevSkillz4

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
A lot of importance is given to offensive production (with good reason)

As much importance should be given to tools and the overall profile of the player

Silayev at 5 if he is there ;- )

Ok, you win, I will be a very very happy man if Habs pick Silayev (on a DMT trip) for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: Jaynki

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
For the record though, no one wanted Tkachuk at the time for a myriad of reasons. You'd be hard pressed to find a poster who was actually all about taking him.

In my 20+ years on HF Boards, I have never seen a prospect so unanimously despised as a possible selection for our club leading into a draft more than Brady Tkachuk. 95% of the posters on the Habs board were convinced he’d be nothing more than a bottom six grinder. We collectively wanted “skill.” Many posters had anxiety in the weeks leading into the draft at the thought of us drafting him. :laugh:

2nd is Louis Leblanc. Ugh, we all knew it was coming and many of us were not impressed in the slightest.

3rd is David Reinbacher, but mainly because everyone knew it would mean no Michkov.

Reactions: ReHabs

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
In my 20+ years on HF Boards, I have never seen a prospect so unanimously despised as a possible selection for our club leading into a draft more than Brady Tkachuk. 95% of the posters on the Habs board were convinced he’d be nothing more than a bottom six grinder. We collectively wanted “skill.” Many posters had anxiety in the weeks leading into the draft at the thought of us drafting him. :laugh:

2nd is Louis Leblanc. Ugh, we all knew it was coming and many of us were not impressed in the slightest.

3rd is David Reinbacher, but mainly because everyone knew it would mean no Michkov.
As someone who had Brady down at 9, I thought he'd be a good 2nd line support forward and definitely underestimated his ceiling.

I thought those I had ranked above him had higher ceilings but were maybe less likely to reach it (Boqvist, Dobson, Kotkaniemi, Zadina, Hughes, Wahlstrom - oof). Also got Bouchard totally wrong, had him at 10 IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad