Status
Not open for further replies.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Reactions: BXN and bopeep

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I really, really like Iginla but I'm not a fan of bringing the date of birth into the equation as much as I'm not a fan of bringing "growth spurt" into the equation.

Both are actually stuff that should not matter all that much in the end, as progression is not linear and there's no quantifiable way to assess how much of a handicap it was for a player or the other.

I vividly remember us bringing that excuse for Kotkaniemi vs Tkachuk and it turned out we were waiting on something that was just not there.

100% agree on the translatability of his game and his overall talent as well. This is a prospect I can't see becoming a bust.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
So I did a back day and practiced 100 round house kick on each legs plus 10 minutes of drilling for BJJ while all you guys did is bicker about Helenius.

I am not proud.

With that said Demidov > Iginla > Catton (insert Lindstrom if healthy).

The plan is so simple.

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014
We need another scoring threat. That much is obvious. Demidov is my hope on that end.

At the same time. Having a big, nasty, fast defence can truly set the stage for lengthy playoff runs, and make your goalie look amazing. See 2021 Habs.

If we end don't draft Demidov or Lindstrom. I want one of Levshunov, Dickinson or Silyayev.....probably in that order.

Dickinson is my favourite of the three, but that RD spot is tough to fill. Levshunov would look incredible with this team.

Guhle - Levshunov
Hutson - Reinbacher
Xhekaj - Mailloux

That is a First pair(a), First pair (b) and second pair playing third pair type defence right there.
And in 4-5 years, you can't pay them all ($$$).

Reactions: Garnet76

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
We should really post an updated poll. I'd be curious if given the option of Lindstrom and Demidov, who the fans would prefer. I mean they more than likely won't have a choice between the two, but still.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Ok sure but I could hit right back with saying the last 5 SC winners had great defences. Also you're pretending that Florida won from offensive star power. What wins most times than not is good defence and great depth.
Right.

You need clutch players not necessarily 50 goal scorers or 80 assist guys. See Matthews and Marner vs a guy like Verhaegue.

You need grit, size and mobility. If you can’t get to the front of the net you won’t score garbage goals.

But you also need high percentage shooters. You just can’t depend on them for everything.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
We should really post an updated poll. I'd be curious if given the option of Lindstrom and Demidov, who the fans would prefer. I mean they more than likely won't have a choice between the two, but still.
I feel like Lindstrom is leaning to be our pick...and that half the people will be mad because they think he is broken or low IQ.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Button has Iggy compared to Landeskog

Demidov, Lindstrom, Dickinson, Silayev, Levshunov, Sennecke and Buium all have a chance to be picked top 4. Maybe even Parekh.

We'll be fine.

I do like the chances of most if not all of those D to be top 4D. The question is who becomes top paring from that group of D. Difficult to know.

Same with the forwards. Demidov, Lindstrom, Iggy, Catton, Sennecke. I like their chances at being a top 6F but who becomes top line. Also difficult to know.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I heard about Anton Silayev and Cayden Lindstrom early on, but with time and the information I've gathered on the Ducks, I'm not convinced they'll take either one. Pat Verbeek has a type of player, and these two guys would suit him. The same goes for Sam Dickinson.

But the name that was given to me twice in the last hours regarding Anaheim is that of Beckett Sennecke. I think Sennecke is well positioned to be selected early and I think the Ducks are definitely considering that possibility. That would shake things up. » -Scott Wheeler

Reactions: Rozz and Deebs

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I think sometimes people see kids that are slow to make plays and associate it with low IQ but in reality sometimes it’s just them adjusting to a new level of speed they’ve never come close to experiencing. To me IQ is so m overused and means different things to different people at this point, most important thing to me is they have a base skillset and willingness to learn and grow aka growth mindset, which is not something you can evaluate on replays. It’s talking to them, their coaches their peers etc and then layering in their growth over different periods of time.

Young players tend to look lost because they're way too cautious and scared to make a costly mistake. I remember when Slaf would only support his teammates along the boards because he was afraid of making the wrong play and his teammates not being able to defer to him. At the end of the year he passed the puck, and went to the net.

My theory is that fans are traumatized by Josh Anderson and Jesse Puljujarvi. Big = Dumb.

I heard about Anton Silayev and Cayden Lindstrom early on, but with time and the information I've gathered on the Ducks, I'm not convinced they'll take either one. Pat Verbeek has a type of player, and these two guys would suit him. The same goes for Sam Dickinson.

But the name that was given to me twice in the last hours regarding Anaheim is that of Beckett Sennecke. I think Sennecke is well positioned to be selected early and I think the Ducks are definitely considering that possibility. That would shake things up. » -Scott Wheeler

Sounds like the Ducks know there’s a team below them that is down bad for Sennecka.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Young players tend to look lost because they're way too cautious and scared to make a costly mistake. I remember when Slaf would only support his teammates along the boards because he was afraid of making the wrong play and his teammates not being able to defer to him. At the end of the year he passed the puck, and went to the net.

My theory is that fans are traumatized by Josh Anderson and Jesse Puljujarvi. Big = Dumb.

Sounds like the Ducks know there’s a team below them that is down bad for Sennecka.
It ain’t us.

Reactions: Skip Bayless
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad