• Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
Btw, drafting Helenius is like eating broccoli. I know it’s good for me but I’m not excited about it.
Maybe the Habs should move on from the spirit animal questions next year and develop another line of inquiry... "If you were a vegetable, which vegetable would you be and why? Or, for those not identifying as vegetables, how does being a legume affect your approach to the game???"

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
What's the closest comparable? I'm afraid of Goldenhands' witchery so I want to see the upside and make my peace with it. The next Koivu?
You’ll have to ask him. It sounds like - reliable two way player who can be used in all situations but not great at any one particular thing.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Maybe the Habs should move on from the spirit animal questions next year and develop another line of inquiry... "If you were a vegetable, which vegetable would you be and why? Or, for those not identifying as vegetables, how does being a legume affect your approach to the game???"
Wouldn’t it be nice to have a guy like Demidiv though? Lots of flash. Lidstrom’s a bulldozer but seems hurt. They’d be at least fun to watch.

Reactions: bopeep

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Ultimate anti-chad move

You make valid points and i agree with many of them.

Tho, to make things pretty simple, a canadian 6ft3 physical centerman who paced for 50+ goals in his draft year is usually a top 3 pick any given year, with every concern you named.(except health concern).

I doubt he would be there at 5 if it wasnt from his health. Now is it the ultimate gift or the poison pill?

It is difficult to say where he would have been selected as this draft is unusually strong in the top 10. It should also be taken into consideration that the WHL has taken a serious talent hit and many players have inflated numbers in that league due to playing against sub par opposition. I am not sure why American kids would be left out of this exercise but I don't ever put stock into statistical observations in hockey without context as the main factor from which I draw my conclusions.

His season was just derailed too soon to really get a good read on him and he may very well be a future hall of famer but that can be said about all of the top prospects and mitigating risk is important to me when working with such fine margins.

I will hardly be disappointed if we select him as that would signal to me that they did their due diligence and see developmental opportunities like they did with Slaf.

Reactions: Jaynki

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
It is difficult to say where he would have been selected as this draft is unusually strong in the top 10. It should also be taken into consideration that the WHL has taken a serious talent hit and many players have inflated numbers in that league due to playing against sub par opposition. I am not sure why American kids would be left out of this exercise but I don't ever put stock into statistical observations in hockey without context as the main factor from which I draw my conclusions.

His season was just derailed too soon to really get a good read on him and he may very well be a future hall of famer but that can be said about all of the top prospects and mitigating risk is important to me when working with such fine margins.

I will hardly be disappointed if we select him as that would signal to me that they did their due diligence and see developmental opportunities like they did with Slaf.
100% agree

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I don't know why we are discussing this scenario, nothing out there right now suggests Demidov and Lindstrom will be gone by 5.
Because we're Habs fans and we have learned to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Hearing about Sennecke at 3 is interesting... Bob McKenzie said a scout he spoke with had him in their top 5. To be honest, I expected it to be us but it could have very well been ANA.

Friday can't come soon enough.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
If Chicago picks Levshunov and Anaheim truly wants Sennecke, it would be the perfect scenario for a trade up.

This is the way.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
What's the closest comparable? I'm afraid of Goldenhands' witchery so I want to see the upside and make my peace with it. The next Koivu?
Goldenhands has compared him to Aho I believe (sorry if I'm misremembering that), but I don't really see that kind of upside with him. Stylistically it fits, but Aho has a better nose for the net and better finishing touch.

Reactions: ReHabs

thebestnic

Jun 29, 2022
Players are ready for these types of questions, but it's crazy how many people get flustered when I ask that in interviews

Reactions: bopeep

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
Because we're Habs fans and we have learned to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Hearing about Sennecke at 3 is interesting... Bob McKenzie said a scout he spoke with had him in their top 5. To be honest, I expected it to be us but it could have very well been ANA.

Friday can't come soon enough.
No habs fans have learned to play victim and make every situation worst case scenario with constant bitching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad