HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
WE BEEN LEARNING THAT, BUDDY.

In all seriousness, I'd pick Dickinson. I like this game the most overall.

I'd be fine with Buium too.
Yeah Buium is number 3 for me, but in a tier with forwards I'd pick ahead of him (Iginla, Catton, Sennecke, Lindstrom)

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Keep in mind that Mathias Brunet was the first last year to leak that Michkov was on the Habs no draft list.

I'd much rather trade down in the top 10, because we can use the additional assets to help move our other 1st pick up into the top 10ish area. Picking at say, 7 + 10 could be interesting. Could result in something totally out of the box, like two of Dickinson/Buium/Sennecke/Silayev/Catton/Iginla drafted. Just a fun thought experiment.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
If we pick a defenseman, one of our defense prospects is getting packaged for a young top 6 forward. Book it. It's happening, and likely on the draft floor. We're not dealing with Bergevin level incompetence here. Read the tea leaves that have come out since the end of the season. We're not picking a defenseman at #5 and then taking some ho-hum forward at #26 and calling it a day. Kent is going to drop a bomb.

We have Kent f***in Hughes at the helm. Show some respect pls. I gaurantee this son of a bitch has 3 or 4 different scenarios lined up for draft day.

Scenario 1: Draft Demidov or Lindstrom at #5, whichever one is left over.

Scenario 2: Swap picks with Anaheim in order to take the forward they want the most.

Scenario 3: Lindstrom and Demidov are both gone, and Hughes takes the best defenseman available, passing on Iginla and Sennecke.

#26 is likely packaged up for a young top 6 offensive minded winger, or it is packaged up to move up in the draft to select another good prospect. If it's used to trade up for a prospect, Hughes will likely look to free agency to address the offense in the absolute worst case scenario.

Don't see it playing out any other way here. Hughes will get his forward one way or another. Enjoy the draft.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Can someone explain me what they see in Lindstrom because I just don't see it? Demidov looks like a legit gamebreaker. Hell I'd prefer Dickinson/Buium over Lindstrom.
Have you seen Lindstrom's goals per game? Combine that with his size, ferocious play and versatility as someone who can play up the middle or on the wing. The concern with Lindstrom is his back.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Does he have enough skill to be an elite F? Wasn't IQ a concern?

I often read this as a talking point for guys like Slaf, Fantilli and now Lindstrom. For the life of me, I need to see some examples of what people mean by "IQ concern" concerning these guys.

He wont be trying to dangle guys at his own blue line, or trying to deke 2 guys on an odd man rush for his team, that's for sure.

As for the skills, he has a booming shot and silky hands in small areas. Will come out of the corner with the puck and and make the right pass all the time. This is pretty much where the game of hockey is played and he excels at it.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
I often read this as a talking point for guys like Slaf, Fantilli and now Lindstrom. For the life of me, I need to see some examples of what people mean by "IQ concern" concerning these guys.

He wont be trying to dangle guys at his own blue line, or trying to deke 2 guys on an odd man rush for his team, that's for sure.

As for the skills, he has a booming shot and silky hands in small areas. Will come out of the corner with the puck and and make the right pass all the time. This is pretty much where the game of hockey is played and he excels at it.
Best example of IQ concern is Josh Anderson. I hope then that he can be developed into the superstar F we desperately need.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto

I think sometimes people see kids that are slow to make plays and associate it with low IQ but in reality sometimes it’s just them adjusting to a new level of speed they’ve never come close to experiencing. To me IQ is so m overused and means different things to different people at this point, most important thing to me is they have a base skillset and willingness to learn and grow aka growth mindset, which is not something you can evaluate on replays. It’s talking to them, their coaches their peers etc and then layering in their growth over different periods of time.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Lindstrom is like Kirby Dach, but if Kirby Dach was a goal scorer instead of a playmaker.
He’s also faster, has better hands, and is more explosive. More physical, meaner, and better puck protection too. Lindstrom plays at a much more fervent pace as well, whereas Dach is a more cerebral, slow-the-game down type of player. They’re actually not really alike at all lmao.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Alright let's say the draft goes Celebrini/Demidov/Levshunov/Lindstrom and we HAVE to pick a dman, which dman are you guys picking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad