HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Sure, but that doesn't make him DND does it?
It kinda does, because we're not in range to draft him.
Idk. Playoffs are different game than regular season. More tight, less space, more physical, mental, etc.

Some guys consistently thrive in playoffs, some don't. For multitude of reasons
Yes, playoffs are somewhat different but there's no player archetype that performs better in the playoffs. Auston Matthews and Patrick Kane are both vastly different players yet only the latter is a playoff performer, probably one of the greatest of all time. The other one is a 6'4 bell pepper.

Theres many example of this, Koivu, Cammaleri, Caufield, etc just for the Habs.
Regular season games and playoff games are very different and require different traits/skills for players to thrive. Posters claiming that this does not exist should have their driving licence's revoked because they are either visually impaired or don't watch the games lol.
I'm visually impaired fr but I have glasses dw

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Have a feeling Iggy will end up one of the best player of this draft when it’s all said and done.

So much to like in this player.

I would be pretty surprised if he ended up the best player, but I'm with you that he has a lot to like.

I wouldn't be a big fan of this , although he already has a very pro friendly game. I'd like him to get 3 full seasons at the junior level, to really cement his progression curve. He's barely over the 100 game mark in the WHL right now, it's real thin experience before taking the next step.

Me neither, I generally want prospects to show that they're too good and Iggy hasn't shown that yet. But in a camp he's coming to take someone's job. They were saying that in Kelowna they had to tell him to chill out in practices.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Me neither, I generally want prospects to show that they're too good and Iggy hasn't shown that yet. But in a camp he's coming to take someone's job. They were saying that in Kelowna they had to tell him to chill out in practices.
Oh I fully expect he'll leave an impression, that much is certain :laugh: He'll be a regular in the NHL by the time he's 20, at the very latest. That's a pretty safe prediction to make IMO.

Reactions: Andrei79

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I wouldn't be a big fan of this , although he already has a very pro friendly game. I'd like him to get 3 full seasons at the junior level, to really cement his progression curve. He's barely over the 100 game mark in the WHL right now, it's real thin experience before taking the next step.
Plus he's only played one season in a top 6 role. He needs at least another year.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Regular season games and playoff games are very different and require different traits/skills for players to thrive. Posters claiming that this does not exist should have their driving licence's revoked because they are either visually impaired or don't watch the games lol.
Why are posters laughing at this. It is obviously true. See Florida. Need a big fast team that are good at holiding, interfering etc. or you are gouing nowhere. Leafs are absolute proof of that.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Yes, playoffs are somewhat different but there's no player archetype that performs better in the playoffs. Auston Matthews and Patrick Kane are both vastly different players yet only the latter is a playoff performer, probably one of the greatest of all time. The other one is a 6'4 bell pepper.

Theres many example of this, Koivu, Cammaleri, Caufield, etc just for the Habs.
All these guys were gamers. It's a thing. That is an archetype - it's mental. Their playstyle and toolset also play a factor in a playoff style game.

Marner is the perfect example. All world skill in the regular season but crumbles come playoff time. It's not just the stats - he doesn't pass the eye test either. Over and over again. Too soft (physically and mentally), doesn't go in the corners, shys away from contact, and his perimeter play just doesn't work in playoff hockey. All for 11M a year

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
If McCagg is right.

Silayev - Reinbacher
Hutson - Guhle
Xhekaj - Mailloux

Thats a sincere contender D corps for a long time.

Insaleny tough d corps to handle in a playoff series.

Silayev - Reinbacher is a dream 1st pairing, top PK, and to exploit against opposition top line night in and night out.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
If McCagg is right.

Silayev - Reinbacher
Hutson - Guhle
Xhekaj - Mailloux

Thats a sincere contender D corps for a long time.

Insaleny tough d corps to handle in a playoff series.

Silayev - Reinbacher is a dream 1st pairing, top PK, and to exploit against opposition top line night in and night out.
Yeah I can’t wait to see them have to move the puck up to first liner Cedrick Guindon.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I think the Sennecke profile is the more "rare" one which is usually their MO.
You're probably right but they badly need some jam on their top 6. Slaf and occasionally Dach can't be the only ones stirring things up. If sennecke can translate his game to the NHL level, he'll probably be the best player of this draft but the way he plays is really hard to pull off in the NHL. Iginla game like Tkachuk is super translatable. Habs need to shoot for the highest floor with the 5th pick if demidov is off the board. They can't afford to flop on it

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
You're probably right but they badly need some jam on their top 6. Slaf and occasionally Dach can't be the only ones stirring things up. If sennecke can translate his game to the NHL level, he'll probably be the best player of this draft but the way he plays is really hard to pull off in the NHL. Iginla game like Tkachuk is super translatable. Habs need to shoot for the highest floor with the 5th pick if demidov is off the board. They can't afford to flop on it
You know what would help the Habs the most? The same thing the Habs are lacking the absolutely most, even more than “jam up front”…

Playmaking skill. We have Slaf, we don’t need to draft a Robin to his Batman, we need to have the rest of the Avengers assembled. Whoever the Habs draft is likely our last shot at a topX style forward. These forwards are impossible to acquire outside of the draft…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad