Votes: 12 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 61 15.7%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.1%

• Total voters

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Listening to NHL draft class the WHL scout they had, or guy for central thsr focuses on the WHL made the comparison of Lindros to Lindstrom. To be a Lindros in this day and age would be a run away steal, but he didn't say he's exactly like him, but has a lot of similar traits.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sooooo, Am I to assume then that @Habs Halifax likes Iggy?

giphy.gif

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Chernyshov, Hage, Boisvert and Greentree will be gone before the Jets pick. With MBN there at 17 on Pronman & Wheeler's mock, I'd pay a good price to move up.

If a team from the 8-13 range wants to engage, I'd consider this.

Jets 1st and best from Flames/Panthers 1st to get another pick from 10-13.
or
Jets 1st and Habs 25th 1st (lottery protected) to get another pick from 8-13.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Listening to NHL draft class the WHL scout they had, or guy for central thsr focuses on the WHL made the comparison of Lindros to Lindstrom. To be a Lindros in this day and age would be a run away steal, but he didn't say he's exactly like him, but has a lot of similar traits.

Slaf to Jagr type conversation from two drafts ago?

I really wish we got to see Lindstrom at the U18's. Playing against the best his age is another angle that most look at with evaluation.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
When you watch the video EP did on Demidov couple weeks ago, you see him toying with the weak opposition. He’s dancing on ice. But honestly lol, how many of this plays are translable in the Pro and in the playoffs lol? From this video, not so much. I still habe doubt about his game translating.

Beside Celebrini, everyone has question marks. Pick your favorite poison i guess.

Reactions: bopeep

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
This is interesting. He definitely does have that rare combination of speed and size.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Guys, winning formula is there. Big defensemen win championship.

Boston Bruins 2011: Chara, Seidenberg, Johnny Boychuk, Adam McQuaid, Mark Stuart
Los Angeles Kings 2014: Doughty, Martinez, Regehr, Muzzin, Voynov, Willy Mitchell
St Louis Blues 2019: Jay Bouwmeester, Pietrangelo, Edmundson, Gunnarsson, Dunn
Boston Bruins 2019 finalists: Carlo, Chara, McAvoy
Vegas Golden Knights 2023: Pietrangelo, Theodore, Hague, McNabb, Martinez, Whitecloud, Hutton
Marc Bergevin tried to follow the same model in 2021 when we reached the Stanley Cup Finals: Shea Weber, Ben Chiarot, Joël Edmundson, Jeff Petry, Brett Kulak, Erik Gustafsson, Romanov.
Outside of Gustafsson a 6ft, the rest were all above 6ft1.

Where we failed was that we didn't have enough offensive talent. Yes, that's an argument to draft a forward, but we are not done building from the back.

If you draft a kid like Sam Dickinson, who plays all over 200ft, joins the rush, has a very precise and strong slapshot, and can hit and play physical, I think that is the best thing for our rebuild and foundation.

Dickinson 6'3 LHD
Guhle 6'3 LHD
Reinbacher 6'3 RHD
Xhekaj 6'4 LHD
Mailloux 6'3 RHD
Justin Barron 6'2 RHD
Hutson 5'10 LHD

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
I really doubt Lindstrom ends up a center at the next level, honestly think Iginla is more likely to play there.
I mean..the dude has 19 assists in 32 games...in the Juniors...on a packed team...it is not good...

Lindstrom will not be a center in NHL .

I have Catton in front of him but I can live with Lindstrom at 5th...

However I can't believe that some consider taking him before Demidov...I just can't

On the other hand .. I am sure that the Hawks will take Demidov..

Last edited:

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Are you saying low assist totals mean a player can't play center?
Yeah I don't think the low assist totals means he can't, but I think the way he plays which makes me think he won't be a center has led to the low assist totals if that makes sense.

I think he gets tunnel vision and often struggles making passes in tight spaces, but is good bulldozing down the wing and driving the net. He'll be a very effective power winger, but I don't see him being as effective as a C.

Reactions: crosbyshow

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
No but it's rare to have a sucessul center who make is winger better with an average vision. Jeff Carter was one of them
I don't agree, but more importantly, we're going off of a 32 game sample here unless you want to consider his D-1 which isn't always an accurate thing to factor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad