Votes: 55 15.6%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.7%

• Total voters

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I tend to agree that with Dickinson having a fantastic OHL playoffs, and the fact he can continue to impress with a good Memorial Cup, he will definitely be in the conversation for all teams picking after San Jose. These are cornerstone type defensemen that you can build you whole defense around.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Dickinson, Silayev and Levshunov go between 1-4.

Pronman feels that it might get Celebrini-Levshunov-Dickinson-Silayev; now I don't take anything too seriously until after the combine.

But I think if it goes Celebrini-Demidov, you'll see Levshunov to Anaheim and CBJ take Dickinson.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Pronman feels that it might get Celebrini-Levshunov-Dickinson-Silayev; now I don't take anything too seriously until after the combine.

But I think if it goes Celebrini-Demidov, you'll see Levshunov to Anaheim and CBJ take Dickinson.
The Dickinson to Blue Jackets has been ramping up over the past couple weeks because of the ties between Rick Nash and London. Now with rumours of Hunter possibly making a move there, it makes sense.

Reactions: Rozz and Leto

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
The Dickinson to Blue Jackets has been ramping up over the past couple weeks because of the ties between Rick Nash and London. Now with rumours of Hunter possibly making a move there, it makes sense.

Jeff Marek has mentioned in the past few weeks that the rumors around the OHL have been persistent all year round : that Mark Hunter will leave London for a team in the NHL. Beside Columbus, there will likely be an opening in Edmonton with Holland being set up to leave/retire.
Should Hunter become the GM of CLB, Dickinson becomes an obvious choice.​

Reactions: Rozz and Runner77

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005

You think that Silayev could slip past the Top 4? I know the scouts think highly of him, so I would be surprised if he fell to 6th (Montreal won't pick him at 5th).

If Silayev is there at 5th and Ottawa absolutely wants him (Utah would pick him at 6th more than likely) and offers me their 7th overall + late first to move up two spots to pick him (7th + 26th for 5th) I might consider this depending on who's available between Demidov and Lindstrom or if Montreal really wants Iginla or are very open to either Iginla or Lindstrom.

If Demidov is available at 5th i just pick him there regardless obviously.

After that I would try to package the two late first round picks (26+27) to move up into the top 15.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
You think that Silayev could slip past the Top 4? I know the scouts think highly of him, so I would be surprised if he fell to 6th (Montreal won't pick him at 5th).

If Silayev is there at 5th and Ottawa absolutely wants him (Utah would pick him at 6th more than likely) and offers me their 7th overall + late first to move up two spots to pick him (7th + 26th for 5th) I might consider this depending on who's available between Demidov and Lindstrom or if Montreal really wants Iginla or are very open to either Iginla or Lindstrom.

If Demidov is available at 5th i just pick him there regardless obviously.

After that I would try to package the two late first round picks (26+27) to move up into the top 15.
If Silyaev is available at 4 and the team is intent on taking an RD or a FWD, they better trade him. There will most likely be teams that have him at 2 drafting behind us and not trading down would be a colossal failure. Unless a Demidov is there, you move down at that point.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Jackets fan think Johnson is going to be a winger and Sillinger barely did better then his rookie season in his 3rd year in the NHL. Del Bel Beluz is doing good though.

You can never have enough Centers,, Just look at the Canadian Olympic rosters from past winter Olympics. A center can be a winger and succeed but a winger can't be a center.
Johnson might be a winger but they played him at center during his AHL stint.
Winger now because of their depth (and he needs to add strength).

Reactions: squashmaple

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Yeah of course it depends how you see Farabee. Maybe 5OA do it alone. Maybe you change the 26/27OA for a 2nd rounder.

In revenge, for Mercer + 10OA, Habs would probably need to add a bit.
Why would NJ do that? They are clearly trying to compete now. No shot they give up Mercer for a pick.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Voronkov too. I mean, they may very well want to pick Lindstrom, but I don't know how it's a need for them.
Because their forwards stink. Gaudreau seems to be declining, Kenth Johnson isn't really progressing the way they hoped, Sillinger seems more like a middle 6 player, and the Russian forwards are ideally 3rd liners. Meanwhile, for defense they got Werenski/Mateychuk/Jiricek/Severson who aren't old and are going to be there for a while.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Same.

Makes me wonder if they’d call Calgary at that point. See if they want their kin, and if they’d offer the 29th pick.

… then see what 27 and 29 can buy.
I think I would not take the risk to lose any of them by going back because I am sure SEA UTAH take Buium Dickinson.

My personal top 5 is still
Celibrini
Dickinson
Buium
Demidov
Catton

I believe some Habs fans just disregard LHDs because MTL seems to have a good depth, but this is depth with no to little elite talent.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I am waiting. The question was "how can you fumble that"?
LOL The ball isn't even on the ground yet.
I really don't give a flying f*** about Michkov particularly in the 2024 draft thread.
Maybe go ahead and find one of the old threads to talk about the Russian Bedard.
Bump that so those who are actually interested can go post there.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Imagine the curveball that will get thrown our way if Draft Combine physicals reveal that Demidov has a serious bum knee and Lindstrom has long-term back concerns.:eek3:

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
LOL The ball isn't even on the ground yet.
I really don't give a flying f*** about Michkov particularly in the 2024 draft thread.
Maybe go ahead and find one of the old threads to talk about the Russian Bedard.
Bump that so those who are actually interested can go post there.

You sound mad.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Dont know if this was posted

Arpon Basu on the idea of Beckett Sennecke being chosen in 5th position;

People need to come to terms with this possibility. It's possible "
Yeah it’s been mentioned. It should also be mentioned that Arpon is the type of journalist that tiptoes around actual opinions and covers every single base possible.

Reactions: Rapala and jaffy27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad