Votes: 11 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 15.7%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.7%

• Total voters

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
“Kapanen could maybe become better than Lindstrom, so they should take Sennecke”

How am I supposed to respect Grant’s opinion when he spews dumb shit over and over again?
I think he simply sees Lindstrom as a non can't miss prospect

I like Lindstrom but I do agree, I don't see him as a can't miss top 6 forward. The only can't miss top 6/4 players I see are Celebrini, Demidov, Dickinson and Buium

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Maybe. The forwards are fine, no problem, but some of the D look special. I don’t think Reinbacher comes into it, he should be good, the question is whether it’s worth losing one of the habs lesser D to draft a high end D. Reinbacher stays, it’s more “is Buium minus a depth D better or worse than Iginla/Lindstrom?”
There's such a high turnover rate on hockey teams it really isn't worth projecting 5 years into the future as if we can know anything for certain of the make-up of the team at all. Generally the only players who stay on teams longer-term are the really good players. And even then, there is a lot more turnover with them than there used to be.

Which is why it is not such a good idea to draft for need high in the draft, because there aren't many impact players in the NHL, and if you can draft one, it really doesn't matter what position they play. Especially if your team finished last in its division the last 3 years, and probably will finish last in its division 2 more years. Better to draft an impact player, if KH can.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
do the habs take a crack at him, if he drops to 5?
Anton Silayev
“He is expected to be a top-five pick in this year's draft after having one of the best 17-year-old seasons in KHL history. » - Corey Pronman

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I get a bit confused on the draft a #1 defenseman because we don't have one in the pipeline comments. If you draft one at 5 you are still in the same boat just like last year with Reinbacher. It's a hope that the draft pick becomes a #1 defenseman. I believe Montreal has the defensive prospects to compete in the playoffs down the road. You need a big solid d-core that can move the puck and I think they will achieve this with this prospect pool. Also the idea of drafting another defense just to trade a defensive prospect I struggle with as well.

First you are re-cycling the rebuild and pushing competing further down the road.
Second there is no guarantee you are getting proper value in that trade. Montreal is already going to have issues with getting players proper ice/ development time going forward and eventually have to deal with waiver issues when players taking longer to develop because of the lack of ice time.
Doesn't look like you would be trading from a position of strength and your trading partners are going to be limited. Contending teams are likely out and maybe division teams who don't want to risk it.
To top it off these type of trades rarely happen. Just my two cents on the discussion.
I’m more worried about rushing the rebuild than about pushing it off. They need a funnel but the main thing is to get a few high end players who can drive the team. Once you get those all the complementary players do better and gain value.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
The Sennecke / Lindstrom debate episode with Grant is a bit funny for me, one of the arguments is Lindstrom isn’t as good as Dach because he doesn’t have the playmaking ability Dach has, he’s more of a goal scorer.

I’m like wouldn’t you want these two guys playing together then? :laugh:

I’m not a fan of Sennecke’s shot, I think he’d be an amazing prospect for any team that drafts him though

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I think he simply sees Lindstrom as a non can't miss prospect

I like Lindstrom but I do agree, I don't see him as a can't miss top 6 forward. The only can't miss top 6/4 players I see are Celebrini, Demidov, Dickinson and Buium

If Lindstrom isn't a can't miss prospecr, I don't see why Sennecke is. Or Demidov for that matter.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
The Sennecke / Lindstrom debate episode with Grant is a bit funny for me, one of the arguments is Lindstrom isn’t as good as Dach because he doesn’t have the playmaking ability Dach has, he’s more of a goal scorer.

I’m not a fan of Sennecke’s shot, I think he’d be an amazing prospect for any team that drafts him though
What he meant was that if Lindstrom isn’t a center in the NHL, does he still have the advantage over the other prospects, in that case Sennecke for the debate.

Last edited:

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
It's funny because Grant was pumping up Lindstrom early in the year. Now because of Lindstrom missing time he's moved onto something else... in this case the Sennecke bandwagon. He likes to play the contrarian role, that much is obvious.

Edit: spelling

Last edited:
Reactions: Rozz

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Just completed my first draft sim of the year on Draft Simulator.

My strategy was to trade every useless pick and this is what happened :

Screenshot 2024-05-19 at 11.55.30 AM.png

HRI7zad.png

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Yeah his arguments make no sense. Why would you want this good player if you already have good players. You need 12 forwards old man.

He also obviously overrates Sennecke completely and devalues Lindstrom. Somehow Sennecke’s ceiling is 90-100 points and Lindstrom’s is 55 points. I like Sennecke but this is ludicrous.

Reactions: Gally11

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
To me, the most interesting part of the interview is that a player on the last year of his contract cannot be loaned out, i.e. Demidov cannot be loaned to Sotchi next season. SKA might bury him in the MHL/VHL, since it is clear he wants to leave for the NHL.
He is already destroying the MHL at 17-18 years old..... Making him go back to the MHL next year will be a waste of time for him....

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

I cannot take anyone seriously when they say the deciding factor between these two is "playmaker vs goalscorer".

Lindstrom is a better skater, better shooter, already knows how to use his size to his full advantage. His game has structure, he knows the spaces to attack, how to attract coverage and release his teammates and he lays the body...all of that seems natural to him.

Sennecke seems more like he's taking advantage of his main tools against his competition. His offensive IQ is questionnable.

Lindstrom doesn't have as many highlight reel goals, but he beats Sennecke on everything else.

Reactions: Gally11

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I cannot take anyone seriously when they say the deciding factor between these two is "playmaker vs goalscorer".

Lindstrom is a better skater, better shooter, already knows how to use his size to his full advantage. His game has structure, he knows the spaces to attack, how to attract coverage and release his teammates and he lays the body...all of that seems natural to him.

Sennecke seems more like he's taking advantage of his main tools against his competition. His offensive IQ is questionnable.

Lindstrom doesn't have as many highlight reel goals, but he beats Sennecke on everything else.
I also found it entertaining that Grant kept showing Sennecke dangling OHL opponents and gushing over him while criticizing Lindstrom only scoring one “wow” goal. So you’re saying Lindstrom is better at scoring goals the way 95% of NHL goals are scored?

Reactions: Saxon

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Yeah his arguments make no sense. Why would you want this good player if you already have good players. You need 12 forwards old man.

He also obviously overrates Sennecke completely and devalues Lindstrom. Somehow Sennecke’s ceiling is 90-100 points and Lindstrom’s is 55 points. I like Sennecke but this is ludicrous.
Pretty sure the 55 point remark was in regards to floor. He later compared his upside to Keith Primeau.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Yeah, Primeau was a ~55 point player. He said it’s his upside, which is lower than Senneckle but the floor is higher.
What do you think Lindstroms point production ceiling is? Both guys said 70ish points for Lindstroms upside, but with the added caveat of being a physical beast and centerman.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Just completed my first draft sim of the year on Draft Simulator.

My strategy was to trade every useless pick and this is what happened :

View attachment 873244

HRI7zad.png
Imo targetting an additional pick in the 10-15 range should be our #1 priority going into the draft, even if it means trading our 1st back a few spots(assuming Lindstrom and Demidov are gone). The pack from 5-15 is so close that I wouldn't be shocked whatsoever if the player taken at 15 ends up better than whoever's taken from 5-10.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Imo targetting an additional pick in the 10-15 range should be our #1 priority going into the draft, even if it means trading our 1st back a few spots(assuming Lindstrom and Demidov are gone). The pack from 5-15 is so close that I wouldn't be shocked whatsoever if the player taken at 15 ends up better than whoever's taken from 5-10.
There could be a significant dropper in that range. Maybe this year, it’ll require a bigger overpay than most other years for the reason you gave however Hughes is sitting on a lot of ammo so he can afford it.

Last edited:

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
What do you think Lindstroms point production ceiling is? Both guys said 70ish points for Lindstroms upside, but with the added caveat of being a physical beast and centerman.

I don’t think anyone can properly assess Lindstroms ceiling given the shortened season. It’s weird to focus so heavily on some of his shortcomings when Sennecke and Iginla got better as the season progressed in a lot of areas, we should assume Lindstrom would have too, given his strong play through 32.

But then again the lack of data is going to be what possibly makes him available to us at 5

Reactions: MeanMugging91

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
“Kapanen could maybe become better than Lindstrom, so they should take Sennecke”

How am I supposed to respect Grant’s opinion when he spews dumb shit over and over again?
It was clearly a joke as he laughed after saying it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad