• Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 54 17.6%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.5%

• Total voters

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I know he wasn't listed high originally because he had little experience due to his situation. Anyways, I wrote last July that Iginla, Sennecke would be in top 10 by the end (I had Mews, too, but he didn't take that next step that I expected). The lists tend to follow player progression. They're late. So a player gets rated late 1st because he barely played the year before then mid-1st after they see him play the 1st half better than expected then a high ranking after they realize this isn't a short term gain. Being a riser is a good thing.
Big if true. I liked Mews at the hlinka too, thought he’d be neck and neck with Parekh

JT3

May 27, 2013
Looks like it

Romani certainly had great year. Why such a change?
North Bay has been a strong team for a few years, last year they were especially deep and with Romani being a draft eligible he didn't necessarily get all the best minutes or opportunities. This year however not only did he move up the lineup but he showed up having improved a lot of his weaknesses; skating, compete, etc. He has always been a highly regarded and skilled player, he pretty much came up with Barlow except Barlow went to a team where he got a lot more opportunity right away. If they Barlow had gone to North Bay and Romani to Owen Sound, things might have worked out the other way around. Who knows.

MolleSon

May 21, 2018
I'm sure Hugo will pick a very good player at 5-6. I'd love Demidov or Lindstrom but whoever it is, it will be good. For me, thats a given.

What I really want this year is Hugo working a deal like the Romanov deal. I want another pick between 10 and 15. I'm willing to give Xhekaj for that and a bonus 2nd rd in 2025 if needed and the pick is closer to 10.

They can do whatever they want with that 10-15 pick. A trade a la Dac or pick up the best kid available at the time.

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
I'm sure Hugo will pick a very good player at 5-6. I'd love Demidov or Lindstrom but whoever it is, it will be good. For me, thats a given.

What I really want this year is Hugo working a deal like the Romanov deal. I want another pick between 10 and 15. I'm willing to give Xhekaj for that and a bonus 2nd rd in 2025 if needed and the pick is closer to 10.
I could see something like Barron + 24th OA for 14-16th OA + late to mid 2nd.

Hopefully get Celebrini, if not either one of Lindstrom or Demidov, then one of Sennecke, Connelly, Catton, Nygard.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Big if true. I liked Mews at the hlinka too, thought he’d be neck and neck with Parekh

Yeah, Mews had a really good D -1 year. I thought he had Josh Morrissey-Brian Campbell type upside. An average size defenseman who uses skating to transition the puck well, and to attack forwards in neutral zone, but he didn't really take that next step. He looks like a 2nd round draft pick right now. He's not having that great of U18 for Canada. Oh well ....

Reactions: Leto

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Major news has just emerged regarding the Montreal Canadiens' draft strategy and a potential major transaction planned by Kent Hughes.
Marc-Olivier Beaudoin revealed captivating information on the Montreal team's next steps after speaking with a well-informed source.

“I had very interesting discussions this morning with a person close to the file regarding the draft which is coming for the #CH. The main points:

- We are looking to add weight at all costs with the top 5-7 choice. No ''little player'' unless obviously Ivan Demidov is available, with the talent he has, they will probably make an exception. But Berkly Catton doesn't seem like a feasible possibility for them (as of this writing). And it would be very surprising if they drafted a defender unless the context really lends itself to it.

- The Canadian is really in love with Beckett Sennecke. To the point where he would be one of the candidates with their 1st round pick. That said, I don't think they would select him over Cayden Lindstrom or Ivan Demidov. By the way, I know that McCagg has already spoken about Sennecke but I don't know exactly what he said and if he directly linked it to CH. But I can confirm that they see it in their soup.

It's all for now. It's not much but that's it! » - Marc-Olivier Beaudoin

Reactions: Balthazar

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Major news has just emerged regarding the Montreal Canadiens' draft strategy and a potential major transaction planned by Kent Hughes.
Marc-Olivier Beaudoin revealed captivating information on the Montreal team's next steps after speaking with a well-informed source.

How can we take these guys seriously when they contradict themselves in the same tweet?

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

“I had very interesting discussions this morning with a person close to the file regarding the draft which is coming for the #CH. The main points:

- We are looking to add weight at all costs with the top 5-7 choice. No ''little player'' unless obviously Ivan Demidov is available, with the talent he has, they will probably make an exception. But Berkly Catton doesn't seem like a feasible possibility for them (as of this writing). And it would be very surprising if they drafted a defender unless the context really lends itself to it.

- The Canadian is really in love with Beckett Sennecke. To the point where he would be one of the candidates with their 1st round pick. That said, I don't think they would select him over Cayden Lindstrom or Ivan Demidov. By the way, I know that McCagg has already spoken about Sennecke but I don't know exactly what he said and if he directly linked it to CH. But I can confirm that they see it in their soup.

breaking, Montreal has already started putting up smokescreens for the draft

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009

If true, this is probably their list:

1-Celebrini
2-Demidov
3-Lindstrom
4-Iginla
5-Sennecke

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
Yeah you guys are right. Why would they consider a guy who has stepped up his game in the playoffs in one of the best junior leagues in the world, the OHL? Why would they want a kid who can skate, think and shoot? Why would they want a kid who wasn’t injured(presumably) for a portion of the season/playoffs? Why would they consider a kid who has a lot of room to grow yet? Give your heads a shake. He’d help Dach more than we can imagine.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
So based on what we know here is what is assume are our rankings

1. Celebrini
2. Demidov
3. Lindstrom
4. Levshunov
5. Iginla
6. Sennecke
7. Parekh

Last edited:
Reactions: Shutdown and Rozz

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Yeah you guys are right. Why would they consider a guy who has stepped up his game in the playoffs in one of the best junior leagues in the world, the OHL? Why would they want a kid who can skate, think and shoot? Why would they want a kid who wasn’t injured(presumably) for a portion of the season/playoffs? Why would they consider a kid who has a lot of room to grow yet? Give your heads a shake. He’d help Dach more than we can imagine.

He'd be a fine middle 6 player like Armia.

But we don't draft middle six players in the top 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad