2024 NHL Draft Thread Part 2 - Picks 2 & 18 in the 1st Round

Who do we take?

• Total voters

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
I really like Jett but would hope to snag him with a later pick. They'll be someone better at 20.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Luchenko screams hawks pick
I like Luchanko , although hoping for a guy who would line up perfectly with Bedard and Demidov . Greentree , fantastic hands , skating needs work ,power forward . Greentree seems to have slid in the rankings after a subpar U18.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
#2 Lindstrom = Barkov physically dominant 2 way C with a better shot.

#20 Yegor Surin=heat seeking missile but with speed to blow by defenders and a good shot...ferocous hitter ...dmen will fear his forecheck..has athleticism and theskill to play Center...but listed as left shot RW..good-size...
This is the Russian we should take in round one.
Not Demidov.

#34 . Stian Solberg LD ....violent hitter...great defensive dman..size and strength 6'2 200 ...but is no slow STAH dman...goodcspeedxand mobility to movevpucks up ice and goodoutlet pass..Has a good shot from the point..He pkayed very well against men at the WHC for Norway.. I was impressed.

Hiscoffensive game may improve...but hev is so solid defensively that he probably is used as a shutdown dman.
Even though Hawks have lots of LD in the pipeline there is no one like this super physical
or skates as well..so even though we need RDc there are other ways to add that ..but this guy looks like a Scott Stevens to me...the opp forwards will fear playing against him ...
Nasty and physical to the max.

Add these 3 and anything after iscgravey.

Thhesex3 will change the Hawks from east west perimeter pansies to hard tough to play agaibst more physicall team enabling our plethora of smallerverv skilled forwards to have more room and puck posession..

If we then can package sone picks to move up into early 2ndcagain add Cole Beaudoin anither who plays hard and physical.

We gotta add size and physicality in the best mix possible..
We already have Bedard Nazar Moore and Kantserob..we do not need Denidob and I would build with a big 2C sokution 9ver a RD blocked by $9.5 six more seasons fromecer getting gva 1D role.

Reactions: kp61c

Mjul Qvist

Nov 28, 2009
It is funny when people here pretend to know better than people who actually watch these prospects as their job. It doesn´t matter if someone believes that Demidov could be 50 goal scorer or not. He is still pretty much consensus number two talent in this upcoming draft. Because of his level of talent and potential. No one will know for sure how good he or anyone else will become but after Celebrini Demidov is the second best prospect according to many experts. Sure I trust more on some random poster in Hfboards because he too have strong opinions.

Who would´ve thought that Zach Hyman scores 50+ someday?

Last edited:
Reactions: statswatcher

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
It is funny when people here pretend to know better than people who actually watch these prospects as their job. It doesn´t matter if someone believes that Demidov could be 50 goal scorer or not. He is still pretty much consensus number two talent in this upcoming draft. Because of his level of talent and potential. No one will know for sure how good he or anyone else will become but after Celebrini Demidov is the second best prospect according to many experts. Sure I trust more on some random poster in Hfboards because he too have strong opinions.

Who would´ve thought that Zach Hyman scores 50+ someday?
Who could have known that Hyman would have McJeseus and Draisaitl as team-mates

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Love the passion Im seeing in here.
baby..gif

baby...gif

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Mark Eaton was talking to Charlie R from NBC. Basically stated that if you watch the playoffs this year, you'll see that the teams left have bigger Dmen, and that the smaller Dmen cant really take that punishment you see, while talking about Sam Rinzel. This to me makes it seem like any Dman thats small is off their radar for the draft. (Zayne Parekh probably on their DND list)

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Mark Eaton was talking to Charlie R from NBC. Basically stated that if you watch the playoffs this year, you'll see that the teams left have bigger Dmen, and that the smaller Dmen cant really take that punishment you see, while talking about Sam Rinzel. This to me makes it seem like any Dman thats small is off their radar for the draft. (Zayne Parekh probably on their DND list)
It's sound philosophy.

If you look at who's left, Fox and Forsling are really the only ones on the smaller side.

The race for small PMD a few years ago was a sham. Stanley fell for it (I did too).

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
I mean, Boqvist isn't even small. He just didn't have the compete and jam defensively that you need to succeed in the NHL. There really isn't a D in the league that can out-score defensive meekness.

You need to be competitive defensively, regardless of your size. That's why a guy like Parekh is going to fail so spectacularly in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad