2024 NHL Draft Thread Part 2 - Picks 2 & 18 in the 1st Round

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do we take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Re: The Athletic mock draft

If it got that deep in the draft (12) and Catton hadn’t been picked I’d give up a lot to move up from 20 to grab him.

Also, I wonder if there any hockey players you could package 20 with to get that Sabres pick. Murphy half retained? Kurashev? Reichel?

Reactions: hawksrule and TLEH

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Chief is a fraud, and a clown. Not sure why anyone even entertains him. He's not deserving of any interaction. The guy lied about playing college hockey, and D3 college hockey at that. I even called him out on it, publicly, on Twitter. That alone will render his opinion on ANYTHING hockey-related null and void for me. He's a clueless bozo trying to be something he's not. A poser.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
I don't watch prospect games. I do, however, read and watch tons of scouting reports from various organizations (plus HFB's prospects forum). Sub to The Athletic, got a pre-order for Draft Pro's 2024 draft guide, and will probably sub to EP Rinkside when it releases their guide.

Who needs to watch these kids play when you can pay someone else to do it?

Reactions: x Tame Impala

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I am very much
Chief is a fraud, and a clown. Not sure why anyone even entertains him. He's not deserving of any interaction. The guy lied about playing college hockey, and D3 college hockey at that. I even called him out on it, publicly, on Twitter. That alone will render his opinion on ANYTHING hockey-related null and void for me. He's a clueless bozo trying to be something he's not. A poser.
jeeze. Thats real hate!

His Kane opinions suck but damn this guy musta done something to you.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Kevin Allen (who I consider the most sincere reporter) just said on hockeybuzzcast that 3 scouts told him Demidov will be a 50 goal scorer, It's sounding more and more like Blackhawks might draft Celebini , Demidov really gaining steam .

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Kevin Allen (who I consider the most sincere reporter) just said on hockeybuzzcast that 3 scouts told him Demidov will be a 50 goal scorer, It's sounding more and more like Blackhawks might draft Celebini , Demidov really gaining steam .
Doubt it sounds like the typical manufactured drama to boost up the other draft picks. We already saw that last year with a ton of talk about Fantilli people get fatigued talking about a consensus #1 and start drumming up interest in other players.

Throw in that Celebrini has ties to the bay area already I would shocked if Celebrini isnt picked #1 at this point lol

Reactions: Giovi

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Doubt it sounds like the typical manufactured drama to boost up the other draft picks. We already saw that last year with a ton of talk about Fantilli people get fatigued talking about a consensus #1 and start drumming up interest in other players.

Throw in that Celebrini has ties to the bay area already I would shocked if Celebrini isnt picked #1 at this point lol
He didn't say Blackhawks might draft Celebrini or did he imply that , I added that . Demidov does sound , dare i say generational or close to it

Mjul Qvist

Nov 28, 2009

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
The Sharks GM literally mentioned Celebrini BY NAME. The only prospect he's done that for. He's not hiding who he's taking. Bet your house and all the money in your bank, it's a done deal.

Reactions: bwana63

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
After 2 Drafts the Hawks will have 2 50+ Goal Scorers? yeah, I'm not buying that.

Having no rush to take a D and still having #20 helps Kyle from Chicago not to draft for Position. There are always GMs going to take need over BPA.

That's all I hope for. Take the best player, not the RH or Size or whatever. He invested 2 1sts in D prospects in the last years. Shouldn't forget that.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
The Sharks GM literally mentioned Celebrini BY NAME. The only prospect he's done that for. He's not hiding who he's taking. Bet your house and all the money in your bank, it's a done deal.
This goes back to what @Kevin Musto was trying to say with his shtick.

If Demidov was really being viewed as:
  • 50 Goal Scorer
  • Better hands than Patrick Kane
  • Datsuyk-Lite

He would be the consensus first overall pick. Since there is absolutely no sign that the Sharks are entertaining anyone other than Celebrini, it's a good sign we should pump the brakes a bit on expectations.

If Lindstrom was really the next Kopitar, Silayev was the next Hedman, and Levshunov was truly projected to be a #1D, then they would all easily eclipse Celebrini for first overall. But they aren't in the discussion.

These players all have something holding them back at the moment. And that's okay! Some people will surpass expectations, some won't. It's all about evaluating the talent for what they are today and how you think they will develop in the future.

There's no clear "right" pick to make at the moment, so take a swing for who you think will have the best chance of being a core piece for the next 10 years.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Prospect to former player comparisions are not necessarily an expectation that the prospect will achieve the same lofty (HOF) accomplishments, but rather a similarity stylistically. But maybe Grier prefers Sid Crosby to Datsuyk.

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
Pronman and wheeler did a 2 round mock.
#2 CP Arytom demidov went 5
#20 CP IGOR C Luchanko went 18 emery 19 connely 21 Hage 23 and Bosivert 24
#34 CP Juilius mierttien Elick 32 Hemming 33 Meows 35 eriksson 36
#54 CP Carson Wetsch 53 stiga #55 muggli 56 RD Luca marrelli
#61 CP Jacob battagalia 60 Poirier 62 misa

if it was me. Im not fan of CP and he made all our picks
Demidov
Hage
meows
MArrelli
Misa
I'd be really happy with your picks. I think I might prefer Artamonov or Basha over Mews, but I wouldn't complain too much. I'd understand the pick.

Hutson at 54 is tempting. I get the size concerns, but I think he'd worth taking a swing. He's bigger than his brother during his draft year and and he's looking like a steal for Montreal.

Misa at 60 would be a home run. Not the biggest, but he's a great skater who can be a strong two-way middle six option.

In the 3rd, I'd targeting Kamil Bednarik and Spencer Gill. If Mac Swanson is still available at 162, I'm taking a chance on him as well.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I just think it's hilarious that the Blackhawks get the 2nd overall pick and then suddenly Demidov is a 50 goal scorer and Datsyuk 2.0

Not a single soul was saying that pre-lottery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad