2024 NHL Draft Thread Part 2 - Picks 2 & 18 in the 1st Round

Who do we take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
They should look at what Dallas and Carolina are doing and do that.
Dallas amateur scouting with Vegas/FLA pro scouting...whatever those teams are doing is different right now...

the true edge seems to be on the pro scouting/acquisition/coaching side, Vegas and FLA just continue to utilize their cap as efficiently as possible and add good players to their team

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
are there guys that are on any top 50 that the hawks might just scratch off their list right away for skating or other reasons because that will obviously shift the board right there...or do we think its the case that the hawks have no dnds on any top 50
Demidov's speed is kind of meh
Buium's speed is meh
Greentree's skating is meh
Parascak's skating is bad

Probably others, but those are the first that come to mind
They should look at what Dallas and Carolina are doing and do that.
You mean not reaching?

That's a bold strategy.

Reactions: TLEH

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019

Interesting tidbit from Wheeler:

"The Ducks have been the hardest team to get a read on in this process. I heard Anton Silayev and Cayden Lindstrom early on, but as time has passed and I’ve continued to gather more info around them, I’m not convinced they’ll take either (I’d wager Silayev is more likely than Lindstrom based on what I’ve heard in the last couple of weeks). Pat Verbeek has a type, and both of those guys would fit it. So would Sam Dickinson.

But the one name I’ve had tossed around twice now in the final hours with the Ducks is Beckett Sennecke. I believe Sennecke’s firmly in the mix starting there and I think the Ducks are considering him. That would shake things up."

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

Interesting tidbit from Wheeler:

"The Ducks have been the hardest team to get a read on in this process. I heard Anton Silayev and Cayden Lindstrom early on, but as time has passed and I’ve continued to gather more info around them, I’m not convinced they’ll take either (I’d wager Silayev is more likely than Lindstrom based on what I’ve heard in the last couple of weeks). Pat Verbeek has a type, and both of those guys would fit it. So would Sam Dickinson.

But the one name I’ve had tossed around twice now in the final hours with the Ducks is Beckett Sennecke. I believe Sennecke’s firmly in the mix starting there and I think the Ducks are considering him. That would shake things up."
Sennecke going 3rd would be nuts.

I like him, but man that's high.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Wonder if a trade of McGroarty , Ehler's and Jet's 2025 1st rder for Blackhawk 2nd Overall this year 'would work ?
1719424429001.gif

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Wonder if a trade of McGroarty , Ehler's and Jet's 2025 1st rder for Blackhawk 2nd Overall this year 'would work ?
To answer seriously, the value of winning the lottery to stay at #2 is extremely high. Trading what amounts to 10 years of control of a potential franchise player for a former 14th overall forward who has yet to play a single shift of pro hockey, the rights to a pending UFA that doesn't fit the timeline of this hockey club's competitive window, and potentially the 25th overall pick in the year is an absolute non starter.

As for the 25th overall pick, the value plummets after the first few picks where the odds of a given pick playing 100 or more NHL games drops from 90% to 50%.

1719424861198.png

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
To answer seriously, the value of winning the lottery to stay at #2 is extremely high. Trading what amounts to 10 years of control of a potential franchise player for a former 14th overall forward who has yet to play a single shift of pro hockey, the rights to a pending UFA that doesn't fit the timeline of this hockey club's competitive window, and potentially the 25th overall pick in the year is an absolute non starter.

As for the 25th overall pick, the value plummets after the first few picks where the odds of a given pick playing 100 or more NHL games drops from 90% to 50%.

View attachment 887569
The main takeaway from this is that picks in rounds 2-7 should be used to acquire good players with term when needed/available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad